What is DriveSafe.ly?

DriveSafe.ly (Free Mobile App Stops Texting While Driving - DriveSafe.ly) is a mobile application that reads text (SMS) messages and emails aloud in real time and automatically responds without drivers touching the mobile phone. DriveSafe.ly is the solution to texting while driving.

I gave this a shot and I have to say it�s a really slick application. The female voice that comes with the free version was surprising life-like without any trace of the old robotic sounding voices from the past. I had my son send me test message and was shocked when the girl first told me the phone number it came from then said the message clearly and accurately.

This is a must application to at least try. I�m going to play with it for the next couple of days and see how I like it.

As a note of warning, be sure to turn off the auto read feature while at work or you might be very embarrassed.

To get DriveSafe.ly, all you have to do is click on the �Get DriveSafe.ly Now� button and then decide if you want a download link delivered OTA or via email.

They offer a free version and a couple of paid options. The free version is limited to 25 words, but if I only have it read SMS that should be plenty.

Features:

* Reads your text messages and emails out loud in real time
    * Hands Free � No need to touch the phone while driving
    * One-touch activation � no complicated setup
    * Bluetooth and radio transmitter compatible
    * Reads text message shorthand (lol, brb)
    * Optional customizable auto-responder

Benefits:

* Eliminates texting while driving and reading emails while driving
    * Safely stay connected while reducing distracted driving
    * Keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road
    * Be safer and more productive during your commute
    * Lightweight app doesn�t slow down phone or drain battery
    * Flexible app allows many customization options

Original Article on MobiMadness: DriveSafe.ly Reads Emails and SMS to You | MobiMadness
    09-23-09 09:29 PM
    Sorry guys and gals, didn't realize this had already been posted: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/dri...-aloud-286188/
    09-23-09 09:31 PM
    how does this eliminate texting .i know it reads it back to me but it does not voice text for me does it?.what i mean is.i cant read my text to it can i?..this app is very cool..what is the benefit to upgrade and pay for.what else would i get besides more than 25 words.thanks
    09-27-09 10:23 AM
    i wish i woulda read this before i started the dl. only 25 words? thats kinda lame
    09-27-09 10:45 AM
    i wish i woulda read this before i started the dl. only 25 words? thats kinda lame
    I was under the impression that it was 25 words, but when crackberry announced it was available in their store and the upgraded version came out, the thing now is that the free version has sponsors instead of the 25 word limit. I haven't upgraded yet to check though. If someone knows the answer, that'd be great. Thanks.
    09-27-09 10:55 AM
    i got a few sponser emails at first,but they seem to have stopped..i would delete it if this continues..the app works very good.i find this very useful..but the sponsers emails have to stop.
    09-27-09 11:33 AM
    i got a few sponser emails at first,but they seem to have stopped..i would delete it if this continues..the app works very good.i find this very useful..but the sponsers emails have to stop.
    So there is no 25 word limit? Just sponsors? I think they stop if you buy the full version. The version you are using is free that's why there are sponsors.
    09-27-09 11:38 AM
    very good app dont mind the sponsors at all and works pretty well this combined with vlingo is definitely step forward to hands free
    09-27-09 12:17 PM
    i have not received any more sponsor mail since I got my first message..my biggest complaint so far is it can take up to 60 to receive the voice message.maybe Daniel black will show his face and answer our questions.thanks

to answer willyg44 i have not recieved a longer text yet to answer your question
    09-27-09 04:14 PM
    i have not received any more sponsor mail since I got my first message..my biggest complaint so far is it can take up to 60 to receive the voice message.maybe Daniel black will show his face and answer our questions.thanks

to answer willyg44 i have not recieved a longer text yet to answer your question
    Hi Riot, I'm sorry you are having issues, but this was just an article that we did, this is not our product. You should go to the actual developer for support.

<--- Dan showing his face.
    09-27-09 04:17 PM
    So there is no 25 word limit? Just sponsors? I think they stop if you buy the full version. The version you are using is free that's why there are sponsors.
    BTW I think the 25 word limit is the limit of words it will Speak out loud, not an actual word limit per say. Again, not the developer though.
    09-27-09 04:19 PM
    i bought this app a couple days ago when it was offical not Beta. this app RULES!! and well worth the $13.00 IMO for getting text and emails when driving
    09-27-09 04:47 PM
    its all good i am not really complaining.i like this app alot.i am very surprised alot more people do not use this app
    09-27-09 05:32 PM
    I love this app, even though it needs to do better with html parsing in e-mails, and I haven't been able to get bluetooth to work yet. Other than that, it has been a nice addition to my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 08:11 PM
    nice app but..13$ is way too much to pay..unless these guys lower the price it wont be a big seller on crackberry
    09-28-09 06:33 AM
    How do you get the version that is sponsor-supported with no 25-word limit? Or is this some setting that I'm missing? All I'm getting is the 25-word limit.
    09-28-09 12:49 PM
    After last week mention in CB.com, I DL'd DriveSafe.ly and it got a lot of use over the weekend. It is correct that it goes nicely with Vlingo, although one app that does both would be better.

But, my memory is now draining like crazy. We talking 4-5 reboots a day. Meterberry's getting more attention, but I could do w/out the distraction. Has anyone else run across this?
    09-28-09 02:05 PM
    I can't find an Auto-read setting?
    Can you tell me where it is ?

Thank you
    10-01-09 10:17 AM
    I love this app, even though it needs to do better with html parsing in e-mails, and I haven't been able to get bluetooth to work yet. Other than that, it has been a nice addition to my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BlueTooth is not working for mine either. My headset makes the triple tone sound that it usually makes when it connects, but no words come through.
    10-01-09 11:52 AM
    Hi guys I would suggest you contact the vendor to resolve these questions.
    10-01-09 12:30 PM
    I am trying the app now
    It is great, easy to understand messages being read
    One complaint I have is that it won't read
    Blackberry Messenger

Wayne
    10-02-09 07:16 AM
    Hi guys I would suggest you contact the vendor to resolve these questions.
    Seems like it does fine with bluetooth on OS 4.6+ devices. From what I have surmised, it isn't doing to well with bluetooth on OS 4.5.
    From the other thread about this App.
    10-02-09 07:47 AM
    has anyone gotten this to work on the storm running os 230?
    10-02-09 08:13 PM
    This app is a bit disappointing.

Issue#1 If this is a blackberry app, why does it not read BBM messages?

Issue#2 If you have a wifed earphone, it does NOT play through the ear piece., only through the speaker. Its real good when it reads something aloud your passenger isn't supposed to hear!

Comment #1 - This app should be essentially bundled with MyCaption or the like, where you can respond hands free by voice which is transcribed. At this point, when you want to respond you can pull over or do the frowned upon text while driving.
    10-03-09 03:19 PM
    [QUOTE=jackdoker;3735335]This app is a bit disappointing.

Issue#1 If this is a blackberry app, why does it not read BBM messages?

Issue#2 If you have a wifed earphone, it does NOT play through the ear piece., only through the speaker. Its real good when it reads something aloud your passenger isn't supposed to hear!

Comment #1 - This app should be essentially bundled with MyCaption or the like, where you can respond hands free by voice which is transcribed. At this point, when you want to respond you can pull over or do the frowned upon text while driving./QUOTE]

You should learn more about the app before posting info that is incorrect. I assume when you wrote "wifed (?) earphone" you are referring to a Bluetooth. This app works fine with bluetooth on OS 4.6 and above. And if you have a passenger you can turn drivesafe.ly off if you want privacy (dah)!!!!
    You can easily Bundle this app yourself with MyCaption or Vlingo (from different developers) to respond to e-mails. This app is an e-Mail reader as described by the developer. If you want to send an e-mail through voice you need to get another app!
    I hope your incorrect info does not scare anyone away from trying this app. I highly recommend drivesafe.ly and it has a free trial. Once you figure it all out you might want to purchase the "Pro" version as I did. I just returned back home from a four day trip by car and this app works flawlessly!!!!! (No I do not work for the developer; I am just a satisfied consumer that now drives safely.)
    Last edited by tellsells; 10-04-09 at 08:29 AM.
    10-03-09 03:46 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD