First let me say that I called ATT, stopped by a store and showed them this little black box. No one knows what it is...

When I make a call or receive a call on the top right (just to the left of the volume bar) I get this black box that is maybe 2cm tall by 4cm long. It is a 3D looking box and has 5 "+" symbols in it that start in the top left corner of the box and ends in the bottom right. What is it??

I don't think that it is affecting the phone. Oddly, when this starting popping up I also started getting "Radio path not found" error when I would try to make a call. When I went to the ATT store they replaced the sims to get ride of the error message, but did not fix the "little black box" of which ATT had no clue as to what it is. The tech suggest that I update my phones Software... Hate to tell him it is up to date :P

I was also wondering if anyone else is having small aggervating issues with there Bold. For examples calls going straight to voice mail (not ringing phone with good service). Calls dropped all the time, etc.... All other phone functions work fine and ATT seems to think its my phones software. All I know is it's getting aggravating.
    09-23-09 05:16 PM
    Hey Nukman,

That box shows you have modified the incoming call tone profile (i.e., bass boost or treble boost) which is done by hitting the green call button, menu, options, general options, "enhance handset call audio".
    I find it amazing that the tech didn't know- a sales rep, I can understand. I'm certain this is not affecting the radio signal quality of your phone, that just must be a coincidence.
    09-23-09 05:26 PM
    Have you tried updating your operating system?
    09-23-09 05:27 PM
    Thanks Garpt...

Something else that is odd... That icon is not in the icon list at blackberry.com
    09-23-09 05:52 PM
    i had the same icon and no customer care reps had any idea, thanks for the info garpt
    09-23-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD