Just spoke to a buddy at work and told me that a Verizon Rep told him the the I-phone is coming to Verizon in Dec. He also mentioned that its going to 4G. Not that I care. The rep also said it was hush, hush.

He also told me That a new Blackberry is coming out called The Thunder. Now this I am intrested in. He didnt give a date but he said soon. Im thinking maybe the first quarter of next year.

Just trying get as much info on this as possible. Has anybody heared anything or has it been mentioned. Just thought I would throw it out there.
    09-23-09 05:01 PM
    This has been rumored for awhile......

A REP told me the hold up would be Verizon's demand for a removable battery and external storage.

We shall see, but i think it will be well past DEC.
    09-23-09 05:02 PM
    December of 2010 or is that December of 2011? and lol @ 4G
    09-23-09 05:14 PM
    That's just a rumor at this point. Verizon is talking about trying to get it but there's been no real confirmation or denial. Keep in mind that the iphone is designed to run on a GSM network (sim card) but Verizon is a CDMA network (no sim). So for this to happen apple would have to re-manufacture the iphone to work on a CDMA network. We're looking at mid-next year, and that's if ATT doesn't renew a contract with apple.
    09-23-09 05:20 PM
    December of 2010 or is that December of 2011? and lol @ 4G
    Dec this year. I doubt it but thats just a rumor.
    09-23-09 05:25 PM
    I thought the Storm1 was also called the Thunder...Is there another phone supposedly coming out that's gonna have the same name?
    09-23-09 05:29 PM
    That's just a rumor at this point. Verizon is talking about trying to get it but there's been no real confirmation or denial. Keep in mind that the iphone is designed to run on a GSM network (sim card) but Verizon is a CDMA network (no sim). So for this to happen apple would have to re-manufacture the iphone to work on a CDMA network. We're looking at mid-next year, and that's if ATT doesn't renew a contract with apple.
    I also forgot to mention that he said it was going to be a new design. You make sense though. Another thing to take into consideration is that my buddys contract is over. He might of just said it to keep him on Verizon. I just thought it was intresting for a rep to say that. Im still woundering if anybody knows about this so called Blackberry Thunder.
    09-23-09 05:29 PM
    I thought the Storm1 was also called the Thunder...Is there another phone supposedly coming out that's gonna have the same name?
    Good question. I have no idea. I wasnt around the forums when the first one came out. Thats why I got sucked into it. I want to go back to a qwerty keyboard.
    Last edited by kid108; 09-23-09 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Spelling......
    09-23-09 05:31 PM
    Been a few posts about this and I still think its a rumour ..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 05:41 PM
    Yeah I wouldn't put it past some of the reps to say something like that. lol.
    09-23-09 05:50 PM
    sigh...

speaking AS A VERIZON REP here people.

There is nothing 100%. Most of my managers think its going to happen, but there is nothing concrete.

its VERY possible Apple engineers could throw out a CDMA iPhone for Christmas 2010....and it would make both Apple and Verizon a **** TON of money.

Logically, and from a marketing perspective......the iPhone LTE would be an amazing way to kick off the LTE launch with a big grand marquee device. It makes just as much sense to do it then..

but ya never know.
    09-23-09 10:06 PM
    You're not the only rep here We just don't all announce it....
    09-23-09 10:44 PM
    sigh...

There is nothing 100%. Most of my managers think its going to happen, but there is nothing concrete.

its VERY possible Apple engineers could throw out a CDMA iPhone for Christmas 2010....and it would make both Apple and Verizon a **** TON of money.

Logically, and from a marketing perspective......the iPhone LTE would be an amazing way to kick off the LTE launch with a big grand marquee device. It makes just as much sense to do it then..

but ya never know.
    ya it is very possible, they could go for a wider market to make more money cause im pretty sure cdma is a lot bigger the gsm, in canada atleast thats how it is
    09-23-09 11:03 PM
    cause im pretty sure cdma is a lot bigger the gsm, in canada atleast thats how it is
    That's not true at all.

CDMA reaches 500m users at last | Global Telecoms Business

That article even mentions that Big Red will be transitioning to GSM tech with their 4G network.
    09-23-09 11:08 PM
    That's not true at all.

CDMA reaches 500m users at last | Global Telecoms Business

That article even mentions that Big Red will be transitioning to GSM tech with their 4G network.
    im talking north america i just now the only gsm in canada at the moment are rogers and fido.. bell and telus together for cdma are much bigger

and i thought they were just adapting to it like bell is here? still having cdma just bringing over gsm as well
    09-23-09 11:30 PM
    u know, Im starting to think its possible. A rep told me December as well. Its weird that all these rumors have the same date attached
    09-23-09 11:53 PM
    I don't whether or not these rumors are true, however it would be nice to have the iphone on vzw.

To all the people that say "oh vzw is on cdma, apple won't make a cdma compatible iphone". How can you say that? How do you know? Obviously they are willing to if they came to vzw in the beginning with the iphone. Do you think they just showed up to vzw with a sketch of how the iphone would be? I highly doubt it. I'm sure they showed up with a working device. I don't know about anyone else but if I was thinking about bringing an iphone to my company I would want to see it actually work on my current system!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 08:01 AM
    Reps tell everyone anything they "know"...I won't believe it until I see it. I really hope vzw gets the iphone...it will be so long BB.

But really the rep said its "hush hush"...we'll if it was really hush hush then that rep would of kept their damn mouth shut!
    09-24-09 08:05 AM
    sigh...

but ya never know.
    THANK YOU, as another VZW REP, there is no way the i phone coming this year, whats the point if we'r gonna start changing our network to LTE starting next year, if any would be the end of 2010.
    09-24-09 08:10 AM
    THANK YOU, as another VZW REP, there is no way the i phone coming this year, whats the point if we'r gonna start changing our network to LTE starting next year, if any would be the end of 2010.
    so i shouldn't wait on the iphone...should i go ahead and get the storm 2 when it comes out? i'm kinda over the bb i have now.
    09-24-09 08:13 AM
    My rep also mentioned this, but didn't give a date. He said that it would be a new model and possibly even with a different name which is kind of strange to me.
    09-24-09 08:16 AM
    I don't see apple giving up the "i" in iphone for any carrier...who knows tho? i personally think apples iphone would make more money on the largest network
    09-24-09 08:19 AM
    lol that rep you spoke with has to be fairly new to the company and is just repeating what he or she read on the internet. First off apple has a contract with at&t till then end of the fiscal year. Is is rumored that verizon will receive an "apple product" in 2010. Now apple product can mean a number of things. An iphone, a tablet pc, and or a new phone from apple. Either way its not going to run on 4g. Verizons new "4g" technology is called LTE and is being test run in larger cities like boston and nyc right now.
    09-24-09 08:40 AM
    I really doubt that Verizon will release LTE so quick...but then again they flopped the Storm.

But from what I've read, AT&T has also said they are in talks to extend the contract for the iPhone. If anything, Verizon will get an Apple product that they will block almost all features on. I don't have a problem with Verizon, they have great coverage, but their reps are pretty slow and their phone selection is a mere bleh.
    09-24-09 12:31 PM
    My grandmother who works at the VZW main factory store in New Dehli spoke to a rep in Dallas who spoke to another rep in Malaysia said that Apple is going to announce the iPhone will be available on 4G from VZW TOMORROW!
    09-24-09 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD