Okay I'm on my third tour and am not happy at all. This third one chooses to reboot itself. Whenever it feels like (at least twice a day) and takes FOREVER to load. It will not let me press any buttons until it finishes its thought process, which is literally 5-10 minutes. I waited out my 30 days to see if the problems would stop - they didn't, they just got worse. Recently I got into a motorcycle accident and was not able to make it within the 30 day period. I call all sorts of customer service numbers with different ppl until this last person who was supposed to help me did not. I told her my dilemma and she said nothing I wanted to hear. Basically there is NOTHING I can do except get a refurbished through insurance, and I'm sorry but that's not an option for me. I paid A LOT of money for this phone, and its not my fault I was hospitalized and wasn't able to return the damn thing. Thanks Sprint for your compassion, completely unacceptable. Not satisfied whatsoever. Is there anything I can do????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 02:39 PM
    Sprint reps have to deal with a lot of dishonest customers on a daily basis. If you call back and ask to speak to retentions, you might get some results that way.
    09-23-09 02:47 PM
    I had my best luck at an actual store. My girlfriend in Texas had to "shop" around for a store to exchange her defective tour with a new one. I luckily got it replaced at the first store i went to.
    09-23-09 02:49 PM
    A) RIM makes the phone not Sprint. Blame RIM if you got 3 bad phones.
    B) Its not Sprint's fault you were in a motorcycle wreck. If its anyone's fault, its yours. Haven't you heard motorcyles are dangerous?
    C) Like the previous poster said, Do you know how many fake "I was in the hospital lines" the carriers would get?
    D) Sad to say but being the first person on the block with a new phone/product usually means you are an unpaid beta tester. I wish it were different, but it isn't. If you want a solid product, let the other folks be the beta testers.

I'm sorry yo have had a bad string of luck with the phones, but don't blame Sprint. Start with yourself, and RIM.
    09-23-09 02:53 PM
    It's not her fault for being in a motorcycle accident. A majority of accidents involving a motorcycle is due to carelessness of other drivers. That's like saying a girl wearing a short skirt is asking to get raped. Not cool.

That being said, the rest of your points are valid.
    09-23-09 03:07 PM
    It's not her fault for being in a motorcycle accident. A majority of accidents involving a motorcycle is due to carelessness of other drivers. That's like saying a girl wearing a short skirt is asking to get raped. Not cool.

That being said, the rest of your points are valid.
    Amen brotha!
    09-23-09 03:08 PM
    I had my best luck at an actual store. My girlfriend in Texas had to "shop" around for a store to exchange her defective tour with a new one. I luckily got it replaced at the first store i went to.
    I'm going to try doing this today and see what happens..

As for the guy who said it was my fault I got into a motorcycle accident, no it wasn't. But good thing I can heal in.time, whereas you, my friend will never be rid of the a$$hole, j e r k factor which lies within you. And that's sad.
    *Also, I wasn't blaming sprint for getting into the accident, I was blaming the representative who wouldn't even help or try to understand my dilemma. Customer service is supposed to be just that. Helping the people and showing that you're a human being, and not a soul-less robot. Like you happen to be. A$$.

Last edited by MrsTokyo; 09-23-09 at 03:24 PM.
    09-23-09 03:22 PM

As for the guy who said it was my fault I got into a motorcycle accident, no it wasn't. But good thing I can heal in.time, whereas you, my friend will never be rid of the a$$hole, j e r k factor which lies within you. And that's sad.
    *Also, I wasn't blaming sprint for getting into the accident, I was blaming the representative who wouldn't even help or try to understand my dilemma. Customer service is supposed to be just that. Helping the people and showing that you're a human being, and not a soul-less robot. Like you happen to be. A$$.

If you do something dangerous and get hurt, it is your fault. Another driver may have hit you, but the bottom line is you did something we all know to be dangerous, and you lost on the gamble. Take responsibility that YOU got on the dangerous bike.

I am sorry that you got hurt, really. But put the blame where blame belongs. RIM, makes the phones that have given you problems and YOU put yourself in a situation that didn't allow you to meet Sprint's 30 day return policy. Why does it become Sprint's problem?
    09-23-09 04:03 PM
    Why anyone defends Sprint and their new policies is beyond me. The company is going into the crapper and the only customers they'll have left are those to dumb to realize how Sprint is getting over on them.

Keep calling tech support until you get a rep that will help you out. Them replacing it with a refurb under 60 days is unacceptable to me.

09-23-09 04:11 PM
    And for those saying its Rims fault and not Sprints, I think you fail to realize Sprint is who you pay for the phone and the service. If they won't stand behind the products they advertise about and sell, why be in business at all

Sprint will do whatever it takes to get you to buy a phone or extend an agreement. But its obvious their new strategy is to not help customers after 30 days.

Just another step closer to going bankrupt.

09-23-09 04:18 PM
    Accept the refurb and move on. Policy is policy. It's not Sprint's fault you're over your 30 days. You're not entitled to a new Tour and as much as you want to be, you're not special. If Sprint breaks it's policy for you they will have to for everyone. 3 bad Tours in a row sound like it could be user error. Your latest issue sounds app related. Make sure one of your third party apps isn't causing the problem.
    You obviously don't know much about the tour if you think multiple replacements are due to user error. The Tour has turned out to be a turd.

09-23-09 04:20 PM
    And they will give you a new one after 30 days if you persistent enough. Just get a rep that is actually focused on customer satisfaction rather than most of these losers who think they are in control.

09-23-09 04:21 PM
    The policy is 30 days. Verizon is even more strict, you only get one exchange. Sprint has been more than generous by letting her exchange her Tour THREE times. Sprint is actually improving now that they are cracking down on customers with entitlement issues who think they are entitled to constant freebies, perks and exceptions and above policy.

The policies are in place because too many customers abused the old ones.
    The policies are in place because they are strapped for cash and don't have what it takes to freely replace phones. Other companies do....and are.

09-23-09 04:23 PM
    You can drop the attitude now. There's no need to be so hostile. The Tour is a great phone. I am still on my first one and it's fine. No problems. The first batch had issues but they have been fixed. Many issues like lag, software reload errors and rebooting, are indeed user error caused by poor memory management or a misbehaving app.
    I'm 'hostile' because Sprint is becoming a ****ty provider. Low prices is all they got going for them at this point. Unless you don't mind calling back multiple times to have issues resolved.

09-23-09 04:28 PM
    Based on the fact they have been losing customers for years, I think its obvious a lot of people feel the same way.

The facts speak the truth.

People are leaving Sprint to go elsewhere and pay more.

09-23-09 04:34 PM
    To OP: I am sorry to hear about your accident. Planet feedback may be an option for you: PlanetFeedback: Voice of One, Power of Many

Drop a letter there and see what Sprint has to say. Good luck.
    09-23-09 04:37 PM
    Why anyone defends Sprint and their new policies is beyond me. The company is going into the crapper and the only customers they'll have left are those to dumb to realize how Sprint is getting over on them.

Keep calling tech support until you get a rep that will help you out. Them replacing it with a refurb under 60 days is unacceptable to me.

I don't think anyone defended Sprints policies. I for one agree with that we shouldn't get a refurb in the first 60 days. I had that happen to me and I was not happy. Fortunately, the refurb has worked fine.

If Sprint's policies **** us off too much, we can always vote with our $$ and try another carrier.
    09-23-09 04:38 PM
    And that's the way the customers are voting. Yet Sprint is enforcing these policies more strict and pissing more customers off.

Its just bad business.

09-23-09 04:45 PM
    The OP's story doesn't sound unreasonable to me. We all know the Tour has such a high defect rate. It would be good customer service to be more understanding and be a little more lenient regarding replacements. It would be bad customer service to slap your customers in the face with refurbs.
    09-23-09 04:52 PM
    The policies are in place because they are strapped for cash and don't have what it takes to freely replace phones. Other companies do....and are.

Most unintelligent post ever. Literally, ever.

09-23-09 05:26 PM
    The OP's story doesn't sound unreasonable to me. We all know the Tour has such a high defect rate. It would be good customer service to be more understanding and be a little more lenient regarding replacements. It would be bad customer service to slap your customers in the face with refurbs.
    Do you think that RIM would reimburse Sprint if they did this, or do you think Sprint would take it in the shorts? Honestly, I am asking. I don't know.

I don't think that Sprint can afford to incur this cost, so maybe this is why they give us the refurbs.

I think RIM should be the one taking the heat on this. They are building the troublesome Tours and they are probably holding Sprint (and the other carriers) to a 30 day return.
    09-23-09 05:36 PM
    Do you think that RIM would reimburse Sprint if they did this, or do you think Sprint would take it in the shorts? Honestly, I am asking. I don't know.

I don't think that Sprint can afford to incur this cost, so maybe this is why they give us the refurbs.

I think RIM should be the one taking the heat on this. They are building the troublesome Tours and they are probably holding Sprint (and the other carriers) to a 30 day return.
    Whoever eats the cost should be between Sprint and RIM. The consumer doesn't care whose fault it is, they just want a product that works.

I do agree that RIM deserves the blame, but the fact is it's Sprint's reputation that is being tarnished. How much are they willing to eat in exchange for positive feedback? I honestly don't know.
    09-23-09 06:25 PM
    If nothing else works and you are stuck with the phone, i would make sure there are no 3rd party apps on the device that are causing some sort of conflict.

I would then backup the phone, wipe it, and then reinstall only the phone book and not the entire backup (do this through the advanced option).

Hopefully a OS update will be forthcoming and solve some of the issues the device is having.

Good luck and best wishes on your recovery from the accident.
    09-23-09 06:40 PM
    ....I waited out my 30 days to see if the problems would stop - they didn't, they just got worse. Recently I got into a motorcycle accident and was not able to make it within the 30 day period....
    Why does that part not make sense to me? You're either lying to us or to Sprint, although it seems like both on this one...
    09-23-09 06:48 PM
    Sprint did go above and beyond the call of duty in my case. I went to a local store/repair location and after all said and done, 6th tour now and it is properly working. Mine now was a new one out of box(on approx 50th day after purchase). I would have accepted a refurb, just as long as the device worked. As for you waiting it out, your best bet would have brought the issue up sooner and allowed for notations to your account to document this issue. I wish the best of luck on trying to get a new one.

09-23-09 07:20 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD