My trackball on my tour has been working fine from day 1. Then the past week or so I noticed it had been hesitant to respond to left or right movement. My true test was trying to play brick breaker. It just wouldn't move properly. So, I called BB tech support and the nice gentleman said he would send one right out. He did mention that it would just be for a phone only. Hopefully I will not get one with something else wrong. Everything has been working just fine until now. What gives?
    09-23-09 02:08 PM
    Did you call RIM or Sprint?
    09-23-09 02:13 PM
    Did you try to clean it. If it was working then I think someone has sticky fingers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 02:15 PM
    How long did you have the phone for before it started to give you problems? Mine started out ok as well and then it started giving my problems so i replaced it... everything seems fine now and it's working great.
    09-23-09 04:11 PM
    hate replacing those w/ refurbs tho
    09-23-09 04:26 PM
    Just called verizon w same issue and addressed the refurb issue. Said they would send new one out 24 hrs free shipping!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 05:07 PM
    i got the phone july 21. I have tried to clean it and it still had problems

So I order a replacement Tour yesterday after the trackball finally became unbearable. It arrived today. It was a brand new one with the date of 190909. The trackball is like it should be and the battery door is tight. I am still checking it out right now. Waiting on it to provision. I don't why this takes so long. Looks like it comes unlock. When I go to SIM it shows everything disabled.

I will continue to evaluate this phone over the weekend to see if it is a good replacement.

Again it was brand new not refurbished with everything in the box as if I would have purchased one for the first time. So far so good
    09-24-09 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD