Anyone seen this before? Is it dust or something else? And YES I did search and everything I could find didn't look the same as my screen.
    09-23-09 10:37 AM
    Looks more like air pockets to me. Is something unbonding under your screen?
    09-23-09 10:50 AM
    I thought about that but I press on the screen it stays the same. If it were air or the layers separating you'd think you'd be able to see some kind of difference.
    09-23-09 10:56 AM
    looks like a screen protector poorly applied
    09-23-09 10:58 AM
    Anyone seen this before? Is it dust or something else? And YES I did search and everything I could find didn't look the same as my screen.
    i had the exact same issue. It will only get worse. I took it to Verizon and they took one look at it and signed me up for a replacement. The rep said she's never seen it before. Looks almost like what paper looks like after it touches something oily.

I'm not sure if yours has it too but my screen had these small little lines streaking down the side. I posted about it.
    09-23-09 10:59 AM
    Anyone have any clues on how to fix it? Replacement from Verizon isn't an option.
    09-23-09 11:05 AM
    You didn't forget to take off the factory shipping protector did you?

If there's actually a problem with the display and you can't warranty it then about the only option is to order a new display from cnn.cn and install it yourself for $100.
    09-23-09 12:12 PM
    I'm not aware of a factory shipping protector unless you mean that blue film. Is there something else there? Honestly I can't remember how it came packaged.
    09-23-09 12:25 PM
    I'm not aware of a factory shipping protector unless you mean that blue film. Is there something else there? Honestly I can't remember how it came packaged.
    There's actually 2 layers of "protectors" on the screen. The first one is obvious, as it's that blue-hued film with a tab at the top, if I'm not mistaken.

But if you look really carefully at it, there will be a second, thin screen under that blue one. You'll be able to barely make out the edge of that protector around the screen.

I took mine off after it got scratched up and it kind of made a similar effect when I lost my grip on it and it fell back onto the screen. The screen feels totally different with it off. A lot smoother.
    09-23-09 12:47 PM
    As far as I can tell there's no protective screen on it. I applied my own aftermarket one and removed it once this problem came up.
    09-23-09 01:40 PM
    looks like a screen protector poorly applied
    as this post suggests, you have a screen protector on...remove it...just feel around the edges for a piece that you can get a hold of and peel it off...
    09-23-09 03:19 PM
    the issue is not with a screen protector. I'm pretty sure something liquid inside the screen popped. Did the discoloration start in one general area then spread? Are their small almost fracture-like lines on the screen? Mine originated around where the cellphone usb plug is located.

It spread throughout the screen and eventually the whole display was that faint grey. That took about two days so I'm sure your phone is almost at that point.

Did you happen to leave the phone out in a hot sun with the display exposed?
    09-23-09 06:09 PM
    good point, didn't even think of that...
    09-23-09 06:17 PM
    That has to be the screen protector. I remember about 3 weeks into getting my storm I had it in my pocket along with a flash drive and it scratched the crap out of the screen. I started to mess with the screen and noticed little air pockets appearing and I couldn't believe there was a second screen protector on the phone.
    09-24-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD