I recently synched my itunes to my storm using Blackberry Media Sync. For the first few days everything was fine. Now I am having several problems with it. In the middle of a song, it cuts off and reads "Error Playing - This file is of an unsupported format". The only solution is to pull the battery. Does anyone else have this problem?
    09-23-09 04:01 AM
    I had a similar problem with my 8330. After updating my os to 4.5.0.169, I haven't had any more problems.
    09-23-09 05:35 AM
    the easiest way to resolve this issue is to use a PC, and use windows explorer to access the media folders, and enable "show hidden" and go through and delete the bbThumbs.dat files...then power cycle your phone, should create new .dat files (media directory files basically) and from what i understand should resolve the issue...

question:

the file type of your music, can you drag/drop via the windows explorer as well?

FYI, i use WMP to sync playlists to my device and don't really have the error playing, maybe it has to do with the specific file type or the directory creating process with those file types
    09-23-09 03:18 PM
    i have about 600 itunes but only about 150 of them transferred to my Storm (I guess because of copyright issues). They are all in my itunes library, not in Windows Media Player. Maybe that's the problem, but I don't understand why it worked fine for several days.
    09-23-09 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD