I've done the "show all"; deleted app. and re-downloaded; battery pull... but it keeps disappearing!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And yes, I did a forum search before I posted this, found only a few with no answer.
    Last edited by mznes; 09-22-09 at 10:41 PM.
    09-22-09 10:28 PM
    Have you done a battery pull?
    09-22-09 10:39 PM
    Have you done a battery pull?
    I forgot to mention that. Yeah, I have.
    09-22-09 10:40 PM
    I figured you did but I don't know what else you can do.
    Are you using the default theme?
    Maybe you can try to see if it appears in a different theme. What OS version are you using?
    09-22-09 10:44 PM
    I figured you did but I don't know what else you can do.
    Are you using the default theme?
    Maybe you can try to see if it appears in a different theme. What OS version are you using?
    Yeah, I'm using the default theme and the default OS version. I just received this phone as a replacement. Just loading all my apps again.
    09-22-09 10:48 PM
    Im having the same issue as well, done ALL THE ABOVE, and changed themes too, it saids its there, but no ICON, now what, anyone has any idea, other then the mentioned?
    09-23-09 11:24 AM
    first off, make sure it's not hidden. you can also verify you even have the program by checking your applications list.
    09-23-09 11:26 AM
    I already started a thread about this, but yeah, my wife and I are having the same exact issue, must be something with the actual myspace app. Makes me feel better that its not our phones.
    09-23-09 11:39 AM
    first off, make sure it's not hidden. you can also verify you even have the program by checking your applications list.
    Yeah, what's weird is that it shows up in the applications list, but still no actual icon with nothing hidden.
    09-23-09 11:39 AM
    SAme here itsnot hidden, its on the aplication list as well. It only stated doing it with the NEW version 1.5.1.9, because prior to the upgrade it was working fine. What version is everyone running ?
    09-23-09 11:50 AM
    i just downloaded the new version and now having the same problem NO ICON
    09-23-09 11:55 AM
    Same issue here. Thought it was just me.
    09-23-09 12:01 PM
    Does anyone have an older version of myspace, Available on the web for download?
    09-23-09 12:02 PM
    depending on the theme, it could be grouped in a folder, somewhere.
    09-23-09 12:17 PM
    No theme issue, its a myspace issue. Stock theme, added on themes, NADA works
    09-23-09 12:20 PM
    I got it to work, just goto the blackberry site, and downloaded it straight from their site to ur blackberry attached to ur PC....Session Expired

NEVER MIND, it just created the ICON, but still had to redownload, lol
    09-23-09 12:21 PM
    just use FB. the BB-FB app is faster than the BB-Mys app, anyway. lol
    09-23-09 12:49 PM
    just use FB. the BB-FB app is faster than the BB-Mys app, anyway. lol
    Uh... No? How about you stop using facebook (Abandon all of your friends that only have FB) and start using myspace...

Exactly... You wouldn't so why should we?
    09-23-09 12:56 PM
    exactly what? i never answered, yet. sure, i'll stop using FB when i never really even started. i hardly ever use either of them, anyway. i thought my previous response reflected that.
    Last edited by tallazzPilipino; 09-23-09 at 01:38 PM.
    09-23-09 01:34 PM
    Yeah, I'm using the default theme and the default OS version. I just received this phone as a replacement. Just loading all my apps again.
    just went back through the thread and noticed this post. did you have the data enabled and running, already? at initial start-up of the device, those BB apps don't show up till data is already running on it. (may not be your situation, but...)

try either of the following (or both):

- update profile in mobile network
    (what worked with me original tour)

or

- register now in host routing table
    (what worked with me replacement tour)

also, what version are you ppl having this issue with? i'm on 1.5.1.7
    09-23-09 02:27 PM
    mines like that too. any of u guys got a solution please post
    09-23-09 03:53 PM
    ^
    what mys version?
    09-23-09 05:39 PM
    Originally I dowloaded the new Myspace from the BB site. My icon disppeared also so I went into the applications list and acutally went to the app and clicked to get the information about it exited out of the thing started my phone again and it was in my menu the last icon......lol i know it doesnt sound technical and all but it worked.
    09-23-09 06:26 PM
    I explained this issue to Verizon's Blackberry Tech., we did a little trouble shooting but still could not fix the issue, he then transferred me to RIM, and then we did more trouble shooting. Basically, they told me to ask my carrier for a new phone. The following morning, I received an email from RIM:

"At this juncture I am honestly not sure where the MySpace icon issue is originating.

Some BlackBerry Smartphone's run different software than others. For example the BlackBerry BOLD runs 4.6.0 software, the BlackBerry 8900 Smartphone runs 4.6.1, the BlackBerry Storm runs 4.7.0. and the BlackBerry Tour runs 4.7.1. I still have additional testing to perform on all the codelines so that I can determine where the issue is present and where it is not present. Once I have this, I can then get our development team involved to analyze the code.

What I do know so far is that the issue is not present on our 4.5 OR 4.7.0 software. Due to some other unrelated issues, I have not been able to test it on the 4.6.0 OR 4.6.1 versions yet. I hope to have this testing done by the end of the week. There is a lot of testing and analysis to be done which is why I can't give you a timeframe but, what I can tell you is that if action needs to be taken on your side once the issue is resolved, it will be one of 2 things:

1. Upgrade the device software.
    2. Upgrade the MySpace application.

Either one is a pretty straight forward process which we can walk you through if needed. I will be notifying you via email once we have resolution and what actions need to be taken."

???
    09-23-09 08:53 PM
    But... My myspace application is up to date and so is my OS. This didn't happen with a previous version of myspace.

Is what you should have said.
    09-23-09 09:47 PM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD