I am having a few issues with my new 9630. I've had an 8830 up until two days ago, I loved it but it was starting to get buggy on me with random reboots and randomly dropping call or not answering (or the weirdest was it would ring but show no incoming call and not allow me to answer it or see the number or anything). Anyways. I use it for work and need to get my email to work like it needs to again. I finally got it to read new incoming mail, but for some reason it will not let me send myself emails. I do this to keep notes and what not, but it seems to just filter them out or something. I use Gmail for my email, and the messages show up in my gmail account if I log in through the browser, just not on my phone. The speed in which the unit gets email also seems to be off. My 8830 would get an email within 15 seconds of it being sent, my tour takes about 2 minutes. I've done the obvious, create a new account, provisioning, sending the library to my phone. None of which seem to fix it. As far as the library goes every time I send it I get a message about downloading the Gmail plug in even if I already have it and it is installed correctly. Any help would be great. I am running the current version of the BB software 4.7xxxxx I haven't tried the 5.0 since it seems to still have bugs. Any input would be great, its annoying as can be.

On a side note, how do I get youtube video's to play without having to DL and import into a BB app?

Thanks,
    Pie
    09-22-09 05:21 PM
    The prompt to install Enhanced Gmail plugin is simply 'boiler plate' language. If you have it installed, ignore the prompt. As for the filter you suspect, you're correct! EGP incorporated the filter. Prior to EGP, every time you sent an e-mail, you got a copy which was annoying to most of us. Not sure but you can try to uninstall EGP to see if the filter is removed. If your response complaints are from today, BIS had a few problems earlier.
    09-22-09 09:15 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I just came up with the same realization earlier after fumbling across the net. I know BIS had issues earlier because both my bosses and a few co-workers all had email issues, so I was hoping that was it. Guess not.

Any idea if this is still an issue with the 5.0 OS? I doubt anyone has played with it on there yet.

I did come up with two solutions, neither of which are any good. the first was the Gmail app put out by google. It's nice seems to work well, but just does not like to check for emails by itself. I sent an email to myself from my PC to it and let it sit for 20 minutes in a 2g zone and it did nothing, but as soon as I hit refresh it goes through. That just doesn't work for me.

The other takes some work, but supposedly works, I haven't tried it yet. It is a work around that you have to do on both your Gmail account and on your phone. I'll post the link to it

Blackberry bcc issue. - Gmail Help

For now I guess I will just email myself from hotmail.
    09-22-09 09:37 PM
    I don't know anything about 5.0, sorry I can't be of much assistance there. The Gmail app checks for mail every fifteen minutes. I don't use the Gmail app, I prefer to receive my e-mails in my MESSAGES folder. I get immediate response. This is possible due to my having my Gmail [IMAP] account synced to my phone through my BIS.
    09-22-09 10:05 PM
    With EGP installed I can view messages I send by changing the filter from "Inbox" to "All Mail". Gmail Mailbox -> Options -> Filter ->All Mail. Unfortunately it always seems to default to inbox when I exit and re-enter my mailbox.
    09-23-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD