I have a bluetooth headset in my motorcycle helmet and it's paired to my phone. Pandora has an option to enable playback through bluetooth and it works great through the helmet. However, sometimes I want to play music from my library. Using the media manager, the sound comes out of the phone speaker, not my headset. Are there any options that I am missing? Any other s/w that might support playback. I like this setup because the phone auto-pauses the music when a call comes in. My only other alternative is to wire the music to the headset and then I lose the bluetooth for the phone calls.
    09-22-09 07:23 AM
    I have a motorakr in my car (since I don't have a fancy bluetooth car being a college student and all) and I didn't have to do any fancy set up to the get the phone to stream my media library music through my speakers. (FM transmitter) I don't use Pandora though, and I'm on .151
    09-22-09 07:53 AM
    Ive been wondering this for awhile now to I have a bluetooth aswell and my older phone used to play my music through the bluetooth and my storm wont, now everytime Ive ask someone why I cant play music I get the same answer "your bluetooth has to be stero enabled to play music" but how is mine not stereo enabled when Ive listened to music before ?

Im with you I like to know if Im missing any options ?
    09-22-09 07:56 AM
    Don't you have to hit the BB Menu button and select the �Enable Bluetooth� option to play music through the BT device instead of the phone's speaker?

At least that's how I've always done it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 08:15 AM
    I have a bluetooth headset in my motorcycle helmet and it's paired to my phone. Pandora has an option to enable playback through bluetooth and it works great through the helmet. However, sometimes I want to play music from my library. Using the media manager, the sound comes out of the phone speaker, not my headset. Are there any options that I am missing? Any other s/w that might support playback. I like this setup because the phone auto-pauses the music when a call comes in. My only other alternative is to wire the music to the headset and then I lose the bluetooth for the phone calls.

What headset do you use for your helmet????
    09-22-09 09:37 AM
    I have a Jawbone Prime. Been wondering the same thing forever!!
    09-22-09 03:55 PM
    I think its 2 separate Bluetooth profiles and the media player on storm only plays music through the steep one. Listening to music doesn't work on your basic hands free Bluetooth ear piece, only on the headphones.

09-22-09 04:01 PM
    I think its 2 separate Bluetooth profiles and the media player on storm only plays music through the steep one. Listening to music doesn't work on your basic hands free Bluetooth ear piece, only on the headphones.

most normal bluetooths arent set up for stereo music, just voice, so I would doble check your helmet, chances are it doesnt have the capability because that is same thing that happens on ones that are used for voice, sry
    09-22-09 04:03 PM
    most normal bluetooths arent set up for stereo music, just voice, so I would doble check your helmet, chances are it doesnt have the capability because that is same thing that happens on ones that are used for voice, sry
    Even given that fact, I can use my mono telephone headsets to listen to my music. It's a little loud, but I would think that would be what the OP is going for on a motorcycle.

Even my Plantronics Discovery headset works with Slacker and Pandora and such.
    09-24-09 06:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD