Well for some reason my 8220 isn't connecting with WiFi automatically when I boot up. I have to connect manually. What I did notice was when I wasn't connected with uma all day I had an almost fully charged battery at the end of the day. When I use WiFi in the background I'm luck to have maybe 1 bar on the battery by day's end. Can the WiFi be that much of a power hog?... I think so. So I guess if you want to conserve your battery, shut off WiFi until you need it.
    09-21-09 09:01 PM
    Wifi and Bluetooth are energy hogs. Yes turn them off unless you are using them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 06:23 AM
    I get the best battery life when I'm on UMA and the phone is doing everything over WiFi. If I'm out of WiFi range, the phone does everything over EDGE; having the WiFi radio on standby doesn't affect my battery life too much. The worst is if I'm on EDGE plus WiFi. If you can't get UMA, switching off the WiFi radio definitely improves battery life.
    09-22-09 01:43 PM
    there has got to be something else draining the battery, because last night i shut off the phone with 95% battery (i checked) and when I turned it on this morning it was at 45%. I usually use wifi on but i had it off this week in an attempt to conserve battery life, which hasn't helped at all.

I never have bluetooth enabled.
    09-23-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD