Is it more overall comfortable?
    Is it a solid device like the Bold?
    I just have a Bold but the LCD cracked and everything and I was looking at the Tour, Odin or Onyx.
    Are the Onyx and Tour the same size? Onyx is roughly more speedy right?
    09-21-09 08:00 PM
    I switched from the Bold to the Tour because Verizon has much better coverage where I am now going to college, but I actually do prefer the Tour over the Bold. I like the slimmer profile and the camera and app memory are also welcome additions. I would reccomend it, but if you do not want to switch carriers and are satisfied with your current carrier then wait for the 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 08:49 PM
    i switched and took the ETF. well worth it. love the camera and memory compared to bold. but you know att has the 9700 coming out dont you...
    09-21-09 08:53 PM
    Yeah I do. I just wonder how that is going to be though. It looks nice and everything but I wonder how it is going to compare to the Odin and Essex. What is the Essex anyway? What's special about the Essex? Just wanted to know.
    09-21-09 09:34 PM
    Essex has Wifi and trackpad.
    09-21-09 09:38 PM
    I wish the Tour was the size of the Bold.

If it was the same size and had wifi - it would be perfect.
    09-22-09 01:29 AM
    I paid the ETF and switched, but I definitely miss my bold. I got a couple crap tours, and finally a solid 'green dot' tour, and although it's more solid and stable than the previous ones, I still miss my bold. Maybe that's because my girlfriend has my bold now, and when she walks out of the room and I'm reading her text messages, it just reminds me of old times.
    09-22-09 02:40 AM
    Is it more overall comfortable?
    Is it a solid device like the Bold?
    I just have a Bold but the LCD cracked and everything and I was looking at the Tour, Odin or Onyx.
    Are the Onyx and Tour the same size? Onyx is roughly more speedy right?
    Yes, it's a solid device. I can't imagine how you crack a screen but I never had issues with that on any of my phones. Onyx is small but barely, not very noticeable. Until the Onyx is released, I wouldn't make any calls about which is better. Anything's better on paper.

Bold is just too bulky and has wayy too little device memory.
    09-22-09 08:26 AM
    I still miss my bold. Maybe that's because my girlfriend has my bold now, and when she walks out of the room and I'm reading her text messages, it just reminds me of old times.
    Lol, nice bro...
    09-22-09 09:48 AM
    I have a Bold for personal, and gladly took ownership of a Tour for work. I personally am QUITE disappointed with the Tour. You would think the Tour would have improved on the Bold, but amazingly it is the opposite. My Tour from day one freezes every couple of hours for about 2-3 minutes and my battery has never lasted more than 8 hours. Of course typical VZW is of no help - they just like taking your money (luckily for me, its my works money) and never provide any support.

But with saying that, I still have the Tour, so it is obviously not too bad of a device. I was just disappointed in the fact I thought it would be a better device than the Bold which in my opinion it is not even close to the quality!
    09-22-09 10:21 AM
    I paid the ETF and switched, but I definitely miss my bold. I got a couple crap tours, and finally a solid 'green dot' tour, and although it's more solid and stable than the previous ones, I still miss my bold. Maybe that's because my girlfriend has my bold now, and when she walks out of the room and I'm reading her text messages, it just reminds me of old times.
    HAHA, reading her text messages? WTF?
    09-22-09 10:24 AM
    I switched to the bold about a month ago. The company I work for had there account with att and we all were using bolds, but the company opened up new branches across the country and switched to VZW because of coverage and price.. (Believe it or not VZW was actually cheaper than ATT when it came to 300+ phones). I think its great that the tour has more memory but it does me no good seeing we are on a BES server and our IT policy doesn't let us download apps. I do like the size of the bold better however I am a big guy and have big hands so the tour can be small to navigate. I can't say much about the camera seeing that it has been disabled. Overall the only thing I can compare is the size and the OS. Sorry that this probably wasn't much help but I think the phones are pretty much the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD