I installed a new 8GB SDHC Class 6 Card today, all was fine and I decided to take a few pics earlier whilst messing around. I took about about 5 pics, 3 of them I deleted after taking them i.e. pressing the del button after I'd taken it. This evening I noticed that when I viewed all pictures there were 3 images that didn't have a thumbnail and had a date taken of 1970 and when I selected it just showed media card/pictures/IMG00021092009-1347.jpg and that it cannot display the image even though the image didn't exist on the card whenh I viewed it via my pc!

I formatted the card as I'm had a backup from ealier when I swapped the cards, with the SD Card formatted I went into view all pictures on the device and there was 3-4 pictures in the list all not showing the thumbnails and just showing a placeholder icon, they were the images I'd taken earlier but with a date of 1970 and it stated that they were located on the media card in pictures even though the card was formatted!

What's going on!?

I've wiped the device a few times tonight and even tho it clears the corrupted files new ones appear when I take more pics and delete them instead of saving! I'm now wiping for the 4th time and going back to using my old 4GB SD card...

Anyone else have this issue? perhaps the SD card is playing up and not deleting the temp pic properly?
    Trinity Daniels likes this.
    09-21-09 06:08 PM
    Stick your card in a pc. open my computer then right click on your card. select properties then toos. click error checking. Tick both boxes and run it.
    When its done format ypur card in your pc. place your card back in your BB. reformat your card by going to options>memory click the BB button and select format media card.

All this will have fixed any errors on the card and any bad sectors will have been placed off limited to your BB to write to.

Hope this works for you.
    09-21-09 06:20 PM
    Yeah it's weird but the card has been formatted. I think there must be a temp or cache file stored on the BB itself that's referencing the media card file that corrupt.

Ok so that didn't make much sense to most ppl so here's what I thinks happening.

When you take a pic on the BOLD it stores the pic in a tmp file until you decide to keep or delete the picture. When you delete it it's supposed to remove the tmp file. I don't think this was happening as even though there was no image the file that I'd decided not to keep was still showing up under all pictures. If I then format the card or even remove the card the corrupt file is still displaying under all pictures and claiming it's location as media card/pictures !!?? WTF!?

The problem doesn't seem to be the media card although I agree it's suspicious, it seems that the device isn't deleting it's table of contents which connects memory to images.

Hope some of this makes sense?

I've reverted back to my old memory card for a bit to see if it continues or stops happening, only a wipe has managed to clear the corrupted files as like I mentioned the link is saved on the device somewhere and I can't find which file it is if any!
    09-21-09 06:35 PM
    Ok I've triede to re-create this issue using the the old SD card and it all seems fine!!

There must be an issue reading/writing to the new SD card, it's obviously not removing all the temp files and somehow either leaving them on the device memory or copying them to device memory as it cannot write them to the SD card. I'm then going into Pictures and viewing all pictures and it's showing the corrupted left over picture files that it thinks are located on the media card even though they're not physically there. Formatting the SD card doesn't help as somewhere on the device memory is a file that's trying to link to a file on the SD card that doesn't exist! the only way to remove these corrupted files was to wipe the device and revert back to the original 4GB card!! shame though, no real way of proving the 8GB sd card is defective, perhaps it's just not compatible with the bold?

FYI it's a SANDISK Ultra Mobile 8GB SDHC Class 6 Micro SD Card.

Anyone else experienced this? Take a pic, then press del and choose to delete, then go into pictures and choose all pictures and ensure there's no weird icons instead of actual image thumbnails and makesure there image date isn't 1970!

It's worth noting that some of the corrupted files I allowed me to delete them, others had the delete option but nothing happened when I clicked it and some just didn't have any delete option at all and sometimes there was a msg saying the file is read only!
    09-21-09 07:08 PM
    I'm new to forum and not sure I'm using right thread but I've just downloaded my photos onto pc from my blackberry and found some very weird indeed photos which do not show on my phone but download onto the pc ... I haven't changed anything recently I don't think, any suggestions?
    11-23-13 04:32 AM
    Well, I am not a mind reader. You need to describe how you downloaded the pics and what's "weird" about them.

Also is this a Bold 9000 phone? If not, your're in the wrong forum.
    11-25-13 02:45 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I've re-formatted the card properly multiple times, and also wiped the phone multiple times (multiple times because I continue to experience the same problem). I've lost a lot of good pictures and files from this happening repeatedly. BlackBerry really needs to fix this.
    03-12-14 12:22 PM
    have had this happen to mine before too when I restarted phone icon for deleted pics went away in pic folder. not running bb10 yet but never lost any kept pic just took a while for deleted one to go away

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    03-12-14 03:27 PM
    I've tried 3 different cards and they are all coming out the same: after one day of taking pictures with the camera on the SD card the pictures become corrupt. brutal. I'm glad i'm not the only one. I've attached a picture of what happens in the gallery when selecting the picture. the low res preview is fine, but when I try to open it I get this image... This is very frustrating. Is blackberry acknowledging this yet?Weird Corrupt Pictures! - Help!-img_20150401_111905.png
    04-01-15 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD