On keyboard BB's I know you can hold alt and press LGLG to clear the log of temporary memory. Is there a way to do this on the STORM without pulling the battery?
    09-21-09 04:19 PM
    There is the built in memory cleaner.

Options>>Security Options>>Advanced Security Options>>Memory Cleaning>>BB Menu>>[Clean Now]
    09-21-09 04:24 PM
    Rotate the Storm into landscape mode. hit the bb key then show keyboard. lock keyboard into numeric and type "/"/
    There you go!
    09-21-09 04:29 PM
    what exactly is the advantage to using the built in memory cleaning. Should i set it to clean automatically
    09-26-09 10:45 PM
    There is the built in memory cleaner.

Options>>Security Options>>Advanced Security Options>>Memory Cleaning>>BB Menu>>[Clean Now]
    This HAS NOTHING to do with freeing up memory. It is NOT what you think it is.
    09-27-09 12:32 AM
    It is not what we think it is, can you complete the statement with the answer as to it is?
    09-27-09 06:00 AM
    It is not what we think it is, can you complete the statement with the answer as to it is?
    Quoting from the User Guide:
    Memory cleaning is designed to delete sensitive data from the temporary memory on your BlackBerry� device. Examples of sensitive data include sensitive data in the cache for the key store browser, unencrypted data from email messages, LDAP authentication passwords, and data from certificate and key searches. When memory cleaning is turned on, the memory cleaning application is designed to delete sensitive data automatically in the following situations:
    � when you insert your device in a holster
    � when you do not use your device for a specified period of time
    � when you synchronize with your computer
    � when you change the time or the time zone for your device
    � when you lock your device
    The Memory Cleaner is a security function, not a memory utility.
    09-27-09 08:49 AM
    Thanks Jeff... I'm willing to bet that 98% of users misunderstand as to what the Memory Cleaner is. You can actually run the tool without enabling it by simply going into the screen for it and hitting Menu/Run. It makes no measurable difference at all in terms of how much free memory you have.
    09-27-09 10:01 AM
    Wow. Thanks Civic and Jeff. I still will keep it enabled, but at least now I know it isn't doing what I thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 02:47 PM
    Jeff, Thanks for the clear concise answer!
    09-28-09 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD