Hey Folks,

Just got a storm the other day, and it's super glitchy and slow. I was trying to hold out for the next storm, but my old phone crapped out, and this will do until the next storm comes out.

Anyway, it seems that my storm is currently running .148. What is the most recent OS I can load? I'm downloading the desktop software right now on my laptop, but am not too sure what to do after that. All help is appriciated!
    09-21-09 03:01 PM
    I believe .167 will be the best fit for you. You can find more info and the link here..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/in...-needs-303147/
    09-21-09 03:05 PM
    if you wanna live on the edge of things you can always go .230, although if your not that good with technology (idk if you are or not) then you should probably go with that suggestion
    09-21-09 03:08 PM
    I'm fine with techie stuff and gadgets. I've been a lurker here for awhile, but I've never owned a blackberry. What I do know is that .148 is not good, and I don't want it on my phone!

Thanks for the help.
    09-21-09 03:15 PM
    Loading OS's are fun! Be adventurous and get 5.0.0.230! Plus most of us here are pretty knowledgeable so even if you jack up your storm, we will be able to get you back up and running again. Let us know if you run into any problems
    09-21-09 03:18 PM
    LOL yeah the .148 never did it for me. OK try loading the 5.0.0.230 then.. go to the link for the thread I sent you and pull up the instructions for it. Now you will have to also load 5.0.0.191 and load the .230 over it. Also dont shrink the OS to be safe. Post back in this thread if you have any more questions.
    09-21-09 03:19 PM
    I would recommend getting comfortable with a 4.7 OS first (.167) and then consider upgrading to a 5.0 leak.
    09-21-09 04:32 PM
    I plan to do .167 first, since I really only plan to have this phone for a month. I just want it to not freeze up all the time or have to do battery pulls (currently waiting for my phone to reboot after one just now....)

Also, my laptop won't seem to load any of the files I'm trying to download. It says tehre is some sort or error (for both the OS and the desktop manager). Ill try it on a different computer some other time.
    09-21-09 04:37 PM
    Why would you only have it for a month?
    09-21-09 04:52 PM
    The new storm is "supposedly" coming out next month. My other phone was getting tired, and I was waiting until next month to upgrade. On Saturday the screen went blank so I had to get a new phone. After rebates, the storm was only $50. I couldn't say no. But, I still plan on getting the new storm once it comes out.
    09-21-09 04:57 PM
    The new storm is "supposedly" coming out next month. My other phone was getting tired, and I was waiting until next month to upgrade. On Saturday the screen went blank so I had to get a new phone. After rebates, the storm was only $50. I couldn't say no. But, I still plan on getting the new storm once it comes out.
    Well I hope you didn't blow your upgrade and have another option because if you just signed a contract to get Storm 1 when Storm 2 comes out you are going to be stuck paying full retail which is going to be $100's of dollars more than you could have got it for if you waited. If that's a problem you could probably still take back your Storm 1 to save money on Storm 2.

Just don't run themes on .167 and your golden.
    09-21-09 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD