So, of course I like Blackberry App World. It does what it's supposed to and I'm grateful for it's ease of use. I'm just kinda gettin the "Big Brother" feelin with the "My World" section.

What does everyone/anyone think of the fact that the section just uninstalls things that you've downloaded and tried and keeps the app there. Won't let you actually ever just get rid of an app. Then, from time to time, they appear back on my BB with that green arrow without my wanting it to asking me to reinstall.

I even deleted BB App World alltogether. Got rid of it! Done! Gone! Then reinstalled it to try and start fresh and "bang" all the stuff I ever dowloaded was back with the new install. They obviously have a way to keep track of who downloads their app. I'm not so concerned about all that. I just wish if I deleted something, it would be gone for good!

Thoughts, my Crackberry friends...
    09-21-09 12:00 PM
    ...I even deleted BB App World alltogether. Got rid of it! Done! Gone! Then reinstalled it...
    I did the same - deleted, got rid of, done, gone - but thereafter decided to skip a reinstall. Hence, it really *is* gone, and my Storm is running better than ever even with just the current (official) release.

At the time I got rid of App World, I also dumped Word Mole so I'm not exactly sure what percentage of improvement can be attributed to each. Regardless, since that time I have not experienced one random reboot, my Storm just works better (at least that appears to be the case), and I have plenty of free app memory (have yet to see it fall south of ~33MB).

As far as 3rd party app updates, I have the appropriate URLs bookmarked in my browser and I hit those every few days or so to check. Surprisingly, it really doesn't take significantly more time than checking in App World and there seems to be a considerable lag between the time an update is released and when that update appears in App World. Don't think I'll be reinstalling App World anytime soon.

Just my $.02
    09-21-09 01:11 PM
    Berry Berry Interesting!!
    Thanks prius04!
    09-21-09 01:33 PM
    That's interesting, I have exactly the opposite problem. MyWorld gets amnesia after a reboot and forgets about the apps I installed. The newest App World will show a notification icon if there's an update for an installed app. Which would be really cool if App World remembered all of the apps that are supposed to be in MyWorld. In the past week it has forgotten the following:

• Aerize Card Loader ($$)
    • BB App World
    • BB Wallet
    • BeWeather ($$ yesterday!)
    • Nobex Radio Companion
    • Palringo
    • Slacker Radio
    • Windows Live Messenger

I sent an email about it to app world support, we'll see if anything comes of it.
    09-26-09 11:06 AM
    to get rid of the list of 'uninstalled' apps..
    hold alt and press R S T..

presto chango... gone..
    09-26-09 12:08 PM
    Wow. R S T. I can't believe that is gonna work. I'm psyched.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 05:14 PM
    It worked! DoctorNik, you just hooked it up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD