I have a company phone with business message. Yesterday, I loaded a new OS to my 8900 at home, during my installation, I didn't choose the " work email" option, because my personal computor have not IBM Lotos, and my company use IBM Lotos.

After a right installation of 8900 OS, the new OS seems good. BUT I CANNOT receive new email and send a email from my Messages. I find the message when I want to create a new message "No message service configured. You will only be able to save Draft". How should I fight out this big problem?

Has someone could help me to fight out the problem?

In worst choice, I should talk with my company technician, it's not nice for our human resource service.
    09-21-09 02:34 AM
    this is ur second post about the same issue ( http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/he...mented-318978/ ), u cant open a new thread about the same subject...have to be more patience and wait for a reply.
    thank you
    09-21-09 02:40 AM
    thanks for your information, I modify the message "help: which DM is recommented ? ".

Because it's not same subject.
    09-21-09 02:44 AM
    i saw u edit the post from ur other thread. thank you for understanding.
    09-21-09 02:52 AM
    did u try a battery pull after the upgrade? (with ur phone on pull the battery out and ur sim card, leave them out for like about a minute, put them back in and wait until it boots up), register ur host routing table and resend ur service books.
    personaly havent seen that problem but hope this helps
    Last edited by pikelon; 09-21-09 at 03:06 AM.
    09-21-09 03:01 AM
    lemme get this straight. you took a company issued phone, with company email, thats most likely set up on BES, that most likely is controlled by an IT administrator.......and installed a new OS on it? i would be more worried about getting fired than worrying about your messages. i dont think you can do anything with it now without your IT pushing all your company stuff to it and setting it up for you.
    09-21-09 03:11 AM
    You should never modify a piece of company property without the permission of your employer. They may have certain OSs or other things on the device based on company policy and needs and altering the device can definitely get you in trouble. As dictoresno stated you should take the device to IT and have them fix it and then, if you still have a job, don't mess with it.
    09-21-09 03:23 AM
    Thanks for you Pikelon, how to resend my service books?
    09-21-09 04:53 AM
    Ask your BES admin for a new activation password and rerun Enterprise activation
    09-21-09 05:21 AM
    I'll ask the activation password to BES admin tomorrow if anyone could help me to find a other solution.

Thank you for your answer GlenB
    09-21-09 05:44 AM
    i dont think anyone but your BES admin can help you. and in the future, dont mess with company phones on BES. it could be against your company's terms of employment.
    09-21-09 06:47 AM
    i dont think anyone but your BES admin can help you. and in the future, dont mess with company phones on BES. it could be against your company's terms of employment.
    Thanks for your information
    09-21-09 09:26 AM
    Lol haha you think that a company is going to fire him because he installed a different OS on his blackberry?! NOT! Or at least highly doubtful. There are people that throw there brand new laptops and cell phones downstairs and all sorts of junk at my company and they don't even get a slap on the wrist.
    Your situation isn't that bad, just going back to the old OS won't be that bad for the company, I'm sure they get worst stuff everyday.
    Most of the time if a company with a BES network has issued a phone they do auto-updates to the latest OS through the BES server. Its all done in the background so you don't have to worry about whether you have the latest software or not.
    09-21-09 10:39 AM
    Lol haha you think that a company is going to fire him because he installed a different OS on his blackberry?! NOT! Or at least highly doubtful. There are people that throw there brand new laptops and cell phones downstairs and all sorts of junk at my company and they don't even get a slap on the wrist.
    Your situation isn't that bad, just going back to the old OS won't be that bad for the company, I'm sure they get worst stuff everyday.
    Most of the time if a company with a BES network has issued a phone they do auto-updates to the latest OS through the BES server. Its all done in the background so you don't have to worry about whether you have the latest software or not.
    Lol haha...you obviously haven't had experience with seeing someone fired for altering company equipment without permission. I have seen it done for downloading programs to a corporate computer and have read of several in forums that have been fired for updating the OS on their company BB. Big companies take their compnay proterty very seriously and a lot of times small ones are technophobic and don't want you messing with the factory setups.
    09-21-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD