Hope this changes your mind if you're considering buying the fairly new BB Niagara. (I hate the Tour name, so I refer to mine as Niagara )

First off let me say that I am no troll, or BB Hater. I have used the 8330, and now the 9630 religiously as a work tool and still do use my Niagara for Customer Service emails and Customer Contact at work (I worked in C.S for 4 years my job requires a BB, so I am no novice to these devices)

Recently I had this sort of epiphany when using my 9630..

After messing with a few touch screen phones like the Palm Pre and iPhone- it hit me, man my phone sucks major balls! I wanted to like it when I first started using it around the beginning of September, but the long boot times- muffled sound quality from the phone's microphone- the ****tastic trackball and the so-so battery life/hardware quality has all made me realize that BBs aren't worth the hassle.

I know this is a BB site and all you hail to the BlackBerry, but really what is it that's so awesome about having to return 5 BB Tours at the Verizon store because BB's hardware sucks. What's so fantastic about using a keyboard and being able to type sooo fast if your phone's OS can't keep up with the pace. Why are you guys still in love with these phones? God forbid I ever use another BlackBerry because I can't even keep the phone in my pocket without having to worry about trackball lint!

Sorry for the ranty post. If there is "one" good thing to say about this phone is the screen doesn't seem to want to scratch as easy as a Bold or 8830. Unfortunately as a Crackberry addict, I am now going to have to leave my CrackBerry brothern and buy the Palm Pre before the holidays.

Thanks RIM for making one ****ty BB. My hopes are that the Storm 2 is less painful because every BB on Verizon minus the 8830 is a POS.
    09-20-09 07:58 PM
    well you are entitled to your opinion...and there it was...However, I have used a blackberry for 5 years now strickly for email use, there is no better phone (iPhone, etc) for email service...not even that though, I can do EVERYTHING someone can do on a touch screen phone, plus as you are ******** about BB's, some of us don't want touch screens including myself..constantly hitting the wrong letter and getting the phone so nasty...

But whatever makes you happy man
    09-20-09 08:02 PM
    Blackberry is not for everyone......

Just my .02
    09-20-09 08:03 PM
    Sorry to see you go. Quite honestly I have only ever owned 1 piece of each series and none of them have ever caused any problems for me.

I was a nokia/ericson person before I became a bb addict. I left those phones just because I wanted to know more about smartphones, since I am good with computers, it sort of made sense to get one. I gotta tell you though, the BBs have started to become more fragile than a light bulb with each increase in series. I dropped my 8800 numerous times on concrete floor over a period span of 2yrs... one of the drops was so bad that the trackball and battery came out, the 8800 still kicked on.

I am very afraid of dropping the tour truthfully, from the squeaking plastic earpiece cover, the loose battery cover... I don't know, it just doesn't feel solid.

Hopefully, you will find a phone that suites you well and kicks like nobody's business.
    09-20-09 08:09 PM
    after looking around the site, i noticed there is an update for the Tour... I do not have this update.

I'll give it a shot and see what has changed. Hopefully it'll be good
    09-20-09 08:11 PM
    To eachs' own. I came from the Iphone and Palm Pre. I found the BB fulfilled the needs I had for my phone which were for work emails and txting.

I didn't use all the other bells and whistles that the Pre and Iphone provided; to eachs' own.
    09-20-09 08:14 PM
    after looking around the site, i noticed there is an update for the Tour... I do not have this update.

I'll give it a shot and see what has changed. Hopefully it'll be good
    The update was pull by RIM via the DM. VZW has not yet placed it on their web site.
    09-20-09 08:15 PM
    Fuuuuuuuuuuu
    09-20-09 08:38 PM
    Sorry for the ranty post. If there is "one" good thing to say about this phone is the screen doesn't seem to want to scratch as easy as a Bold or 8830. Unfortunately as a Crackberry addict, I am now going to have to leave my CrackBerry brothern and buy the Palm Pre before the holidays.

Thanks RIM for making one ****ty BB. My hopes are that the Storm 2 is less painful because every BB on Verizon minus the 8830 is a POS.
    Addict?? With 3 whole post =fail
    09-20-09 08:40 PM
    Some people like flashy phones with bloated UI's, and others just want a good keyboard and stable OS. To each their own!
    09-20-09 08:52 PM
    You could get a storm or storm 2 and have the best of both world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 08:57 PM
    Have fun with your POS Pre that you can't forward SMS with oh and don't forget about having to be connected to Wi-Fi to download music that's if you have an Amazon mp3 account if not good luck. And of course enjoy the limited App Catalog where every app is labeled Beta! Last, but not least hope that slide out keyboard that's more cramped than the interior of a Smart Car suits your needs you'll be lucky to type fast enough that the backlight doesn't time out. Anyway I could go on all night. Point is BlackBerry there's a reason they are currently Forbes #1 fastest growing company in the World it's because they make the best smartphone available if you want something reliable. However you are entitled to your own opinion...

09-20-09 09:07 PM
    09-20-09 09:13 PM
    Addict?? With 3 whole post =fail
    I don't think being addicted to his phone has ANYTHING to do with posting on a message board. Some people do have lives outside of the internet.

09-20-09 09:17 PM
    HAHAHAHAHA! love the retro pic! and in reference to the post, Ive used literally every smartphone available. Nothing, NOTHING compares to the BB, tour specifically. Yes, touch screen can be nice, but no physical keyboard?! Nope, I do not have the patience for touchscreen keyboards. And the only phone that can even b compared to BB, is the iphone, and guess what, no physical keyboard. The iphone is a great multimedia device, but it lacks one key essential element, it needs to be a decent PHONE. That being said, the BB has the least lag and issues that I have ever experienced with a smartphone. And just out of curiosity, does any other phone have hordes of websites filled with fans dedicated to the product? I think not.
    09-20-09 09:22 PM
    Eh, I could see the frustration about build quality.....But I really enjoy/appreciate how the BB works and the features.

Good luck running 1 program at a time on your iPhone....I just couldnt deal with that OR the touch screen.

But it's all about options and opinons...thats why there are 100+ smartphones to choose from.
    09-20-09 09:53 PM

snip...
    I am very afraid of dropping the tour truthfully, from the squeaking plastic earpiece cover, the loose battery cover... I don't know, it just doesn't feel solid.

snip...
    What modern smartphone with the form factor of the Tour would be droppable? None. Some may survive better than others but you can bet there would be some damage.
    09-20-09 10:18 PM
    Some people like flashy phones with bloated UI's, and others just want a good keyboard and stable OS. To each their own!
    Too bad the tour's os is not anywhere near stable...
    09-20-09 11:40 PM
    Simply put, BB's aren't for everyone. It's okay not to like the one you have. I hope which ever phone you choose suits your needs better. If not, BB will always be here.
    09-20-09 11:48 PM
    Too bad the tour's os is not anywhere near stable...
    Really? I can go weeks without having to reboot. Compared to my issues with the Storm? I would call it stable ...
    09-21-09 12:17 AM
    I think the issue here is that a lot of the younger generation (mainly speaking about teenagers and some college kids) make these posts because they want more of a toy as a phone. The Iphone, Pre, Myphone, they are all great devices, but you don't see many business users and messaging junkies flock to those phones. Anyone unbiased user would agree that BB keyboards are the best, and their messaging capabilities cannot be matched. However, I think we're seeing a lot of people who want hundreds of apps to fool around with, and a cool touch screen to play with instead of a solid device.

Also, I think a lot of people don't get full use out of their BBs. I've met several people who don't even use keyboard shortcuts and hot keys, which are my favorite feature on BBs! Well, of course OP you have your opinion, but with a couple posts on here claiming your an addict, it appears you are being a troll. Hope you enjoy your next phone. GL
    09-21-09 12:28 AM
    Good story hansel. No one cares, honestly.

09-21-09 01:00 AM
    BB4life!!!

09-21-09 01:32 AM
    Ok so I am part of the 1% of RIM's target consumer base that doesn't use a blackberry for work AT ALL. I've only owned a blackberry for less than a year and I LOVE it. I've used the G1, the palm Pre, the iphone **** even some of the less popular samsung phones and blackberry's blow them out of the water! My phone does everything I want it to do and I've never had to return in or send it in for repairs. All of this being said I wanted to share one of my recent revelations with all of you.

If a blackberry user DOES NOT troll these forums and DOES NOT keep up with current OS fixes and new innovative apps, the phones usefulness are only a tiny fraction of what they should be. I recently had to wipe my phone and install a stock OS and it was ****! My Blackberry storm turned into the biggest POS phone in the world! How can anyone use these phones and have no knowledge of how to update and tweak them?

P.S. My friend tried the tour for like a week and I TRIED to mess with it and it sucks donkey balls. Wouldn't wish that curse of a phone on anyone.
    09-21-09 01:51 AM
    I still dig my Curve, but the way some of you people respond to those saying they don't feel the same way about BB's is ridiculous. They want a phone that suits their needs better, but some of you blind homer fanboys, act like they just spit in your mothers face....Jesus H. Christ, you people are not only immature as ****, you're annoying.
    09-21-09 02:11 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD