Hi,

I stumbled upon a post where someone mentioned that you can type BUYR in the Options --> Status to get more info about call times and such.

My phone doesn't say when it was built or if it's a refurb in the Options --> About screen. Is there a special code to get that information as well? I'm on Telus

I tried searching for a while and couldn't find any posts about it...

Thanks in advance
    09-20-09 06:15 PM
    There isn't a way to see if your phone is a refurb or not.
    09-20-09 06:29 PM
    i think on spint it shows you that in the status or about menu screen...
    09-20-09 07:25 PM
    In the ABOUT screen, the 14th line down will indicate whether or not it's refurbished or not.
    09-20-09 08:23 PM
    My phone doesn't say when it was built or if it's a refurb in the Options --> About screen. Is there a special code to get that information as well? I'm on Telus
    Did you scroll down all the way? Mine has a line that indicates whether it is refurbished or not, but it's near the bottom.
    09-20-09 08:25 PM
    yea, for some reason mine doesn't do that. Is there a code like BUYR on the Status screen for the About screen?
    09-20-09 08:25 PM
    "about" is at the top of the Options menu. from your home screen, Options>About
    09-20-09 09:01 PM
    uhm... duh?
    09-20-09 09:49 PM
    If it doesn't have a line that has to do with being refurbished in the about section it's not refurbished.
    09-20-09 09:53 PM
    For another set of hidden menus - from the Status screen type:

TEST

and you can test a whole slew of things.
    09-20-09 11:48 PM
    Sprint does show it's status regarding refurb.
    09-21-09 03:16 AM
    that line isn't in mine for verizon....got it first day
    09-22-09 01:32 AM
    thread op, there really isn't too many hidden things that have been found yet....but they are there. the few that I know of besides the one you posted are:

Clear logs: search these boards, but supposedly a verizon cs tech told someone to do this once a month for better running phone.

hold alt and press lglg

change Signal strength from the bars to numbers:

hold alt and press nmll repeat to revert

in options>status type test to run diagnositc tests.
    09-22-09 01:40 AM
    The test menu is actually a pretty cool option. But I can't find the build date of my blackberry in any menu

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 01:43 AM
    why is there a code to see data & voice usage, and IT Policy?

Why cant that just be visible w/o code? WTF RIM
    09-22-09 02:49 AM
    Its probably not RIM's fault but the carrier's. Verizon doesn't want you to see your usage so you don't know if you were over.

09-22-09 02:54 AM
    Well WTF VZW
    09-22-09 03:00 AM
    Its probably not RIM's fault but the carrier's. Verizon doesn't want you to see your usage so you don't know if you were over.

I don't buy this. They show it plain as day in the My Verizon app.
    09-22-09 08:37 AM
    if you have verizon, they include an app that does show your voice and data usage
    09-26-09 07:47 PM
    I thought I bought mine new from the Best Buy store, but this menu tells me that this phone is a refurb from July 28th. I think I'll take a stroll to the mall tomorrow for a full explanation.
    09-26-09 09:08 PM
    So, I took my blackberry back to Best Buy and they assured me that they don't sell refurbished phones. So why, then would my phone say that it's refurbished? Someone want to answer that one for me? If not, I will have to wait until Monday to call RIM for an explanation.
    09-27-09 11:41 AM
    I'd say that if the phone says it's refurb'd, it has been done so by R.I.M. Could be R.I.M. pulled a quickie over on Sprint; or maybe, Sprint pulled on over on Best Buy?

I must say, the refurb date being a week after the release date is kinda strange.
    09-27-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD