Just curious if there are still people who are on those two OS. ANd if so why havent you gone to 191 or .230?
    09-20-09 03:11 PM
    heres what they will say:

I need my IM apps to work. Ive heard that there are too many bugs with 5.0. Ive loaded it but it didnt work on my phone. Im gonna wait for the official realease of .191

and there will be many many many many more excuses. The only real excuse is laziness!
    09-20-09 03:15 PM

I need my IM apps to work. Ive heard that there are too many bugs with 5.0. Ive loaded it but it didnt work on my phone. Im gonna wait for the official realease of .191

and there will be many many many many more excuses. The only real excuse is laziness!
    lol! I have to agree. Lets see what folks will say.
    09-20-09 03:16 PM
    Im still on .151... for one simple reason.. im not smart enough to do a leaked OS upload to my Storm and it scares the livin crap out of me to even try.. So ill keep holdin out..My friend upgraded me from .148 but he has moved away so Im stuck till an official OTA comes out or till my friend comes back into town..There ya have it.. about as truthful as it gets.
    09-20-09 03:42 PM
    Im still on .151... for one simple reason.. im not smart enough to do a leaked OS upload to my Storm and it scares the livin crap out of me to even try.. So ill keep holdin out..My friend upgraded me from .148 but he has moved away so Im stuck till an official OTA comes out or till my friend comes back into town..There ya have it.. about as truthful as it gets.
    do you have a computer with desktop manager installed? Do you have a USB cable? Its really not that hard. The instructions are really easy to follow.
    09-20-09 03:46 PM
    The only reason I haven't upgraded is because Vista just started to be difficult with me and won't recognize the downloaded OS's. Plus .191's camera doesn't work.
    09-20-09 03:51 PM
    I don't think you will be able to do an ota if you're not on official software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 03:52 PM
    .151 isnt bad. Its understandable why people would stay one .151. The thing that I wouldnt understand is why someone would be on .140 or .154 when .191 and .230 are here.
    09-20-09 03:55 PM
    do you have a computer with desktop manager installed? Do you have a USB cable? Its really not that hard. The instructions are really easy to follow.
    Yes and Yes. But man if I screw it up and brick my phone I cant really afford to go buy another one.. Plus I read all these findings and fixes threads where people talk about PRL's not working and crap like that and I have no idea what any of that means.. So if something was to go wrong I would have a hard time explaining it to people to try and figure it out.. I hunt for a living shooting a bow and arrow and Im not real good with this kind of thing.. **** the only reason I have a BB in the first place is because I needed a way to send emails to Outfitters while I travel.. Thats it. Other than that I wouldnt really need one I dont think.
    09-20-09 03:56 PM
    Yes and Yes. But man if I screw it up and brick my phone I cant really afford to go buy another one.. Plus I read all these findings and fixes threads where people talk about PRL's not working and crap like that and I have no idea what any of that means.. So if something was to go wrong I would have a hard time explaining it to people to try and figure it out.. I hunt for a living shooting a bow and arrow and Im not real good with this kind of thing.. **** the only reason I have a BB in the first place is because I needed a way to send emails to Outfitters while I travel.. Thats it. Other than that I wouldnt really need one I dont think.
    its actually really easy, and if you do brick your phone you dont have to buy a new one. We can help you unbrick it too. I actually bricked mine going to .230 but i got it workin.
    09-20-09 03:57 PM

.154 and .140 are 5.0 releases...................................
    09-20-09 03:58 PM
    its actually really easy, and if you do brick your phone you dont have to buy a new one. We can help you unbrick it too. I actually bricked mine going to .230 but i got it workin.
    Alright.. Im gonna try this.. Im gonna go find the threads and read up.. I will report back if I have any issues.. What the heck.. I hope you guys are right. Here goes nothin.. One question first.. What is the PRL issue everyone keeps talking about?? You have to dial .228 after every time you restart the phone?
    09-20-09 04:10 PM
    .154 and .140 are 5.0 releases...................................
    lmfao! btw i hate how i have to type a certain amount of words to submit a message.
    09-20-09 04:11 PM

So im screwed either way if I dont do it my self??
    09-20-09 04:12 PM

Nope you have to be on your carrier's latest official to be able to do an OTA upgrade when one is available. That's why so many people couldn't get the OTA update for .148 b/c they were running something other than .75
    09-20-09 04:14 PM
    Alright.. Im gonna try this.. Im gonna go find the threads and read up.. I will report back if I have any issues.. What the heck.. I hope you guys are right. Here goes nothin.. One question first.. What is the PRL issue everyone keeps talking about?? You have to dial .228 after every time you restart the phone?
    i dont have to do none of that sketchy crap.
    09-20-09 04:14 PM
    Alright.. I hope I dont either.. Here goes.
    09-20-09 04:16 PM
    Alright.. I hope I dont either.. Here goes.
    which OS are you downloading?
    09-20-09 04:20 PM
    I'm on .167. Tried all the 5.X leaks except .230, but when I found that .230 had the same SMS bug as .191 where it jumps halfway through the thread when you open a new SMS I figured there was no need to try it.

Had a decent overall experience on .191 but the new features need some polishing before I make it my daily. .167 is a reasonable compromise I think.
    09-20-09 04:20 PM
    which OS are you downloading?
    Im gonna go with .230.. but looks like I need to install .191 on my PC first correct?
    09-20-09 04:23 PM
    Im gonna go with .230.. but looks like I need to install .191 on my PC first correct?
    yeap. which .230 are you going to use lyricidals? I would use lyricidals.
    09-20-09 04:27 PM
    Yeah I was just reading on that one.. Ill give that one a shot.
    09-20-09 04:29 PM
    Yeah I was just reading on that one.. Ill give that one a shot.
    tahts the one im on. It has more .230 files than the original. Either way your going to notice an awesome difference.
    09-20-09 04:30 PM
    Make sure you REMOVE RIM INTERNAL APPS after the .191 install on your pc. Remove it. Seriously. No excuse for not double clicking the program entry under add/remove programs.

Then install .230 and enjoy your new phone.
    09-20-09 04:30 PM
    Is there a huge noticable difference between the how to .230 version and lyricidal's version? Becase I'm running the how to .230 with absolutely no problems.

How to .230 - from the how to post on it, the first of the links.
    09-20-09 04:32 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD