How long have you guys had your curve for? Will you upgrade soon or stick to your trusty curve till the end? As for me I know it will be with me till the end.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 10:57 PM
    I have had my curve for the last couple of years. It has always been a great device. I switched over to a bold and still use my curve for work. Both great devices!
    09-19-09 11:00 PM
    I was on vacation at the beginning of the month (went to Ohio) and the first night left my iPhone at Chili's. Got to the hotel and realized it and called the restaurant to see if anybody found it. Of course nobody had turned it in. Kept checking over the next couple of days with no luck. Reported it lost/stolen right away.
    Had no MobileMe on it with which to track it. AT&T offers no insurance.
    Got home after a few days and went to my local AT&T store and told them the problem. They told me I wasn't due for an upgrade until November. They said I could pick out a GoPhone in the meantime. I said, 'Yeah, I don't think so.'
    I went home and called AT&T to find out how much it'd be to cancel my account so I could go to a different provider and I got a guy who I swear was on his first day and was reading from his script. I asked how much it'd cost to terminate and he said (clearly reading) "I'm sorry to hear you want to terminate your contract. Can you tell me why?" I explained the lost phone and my experience at the store very politely and he said he'd help me get a new phone for cheap even though I wasn't due for an upgrade. He then directed me to the website where I checked out some phones and he asked which I liked. I told him which I thought looked good but that I needed to actually handle them in the store. He wanted me to decide then and there. He then asked if someone could call me back the next day (it was now about 1:00am) and I said I'd go look in the morning and they could call me after 2pm. He came back on the phone after 5 minutes (the whole time we were on the phone he kept putting me on hold) and said he was sorry but they couldn't call me back after 9. I said, "Um, ok. Thanks anyway." I called the next morning and paid $110 to cancel my account and swithced to Verizon.

I initially bought the Storm and had it for about 5 days and just hated typing on it so much. I swapped it for my Curve 8830 and like it a lot. Still learing a lot about it.
    09-19-09 11:43 PM
    ...AT&T offers no insurance.
    Got home after a few days and went to my local AT&T store and told them the problem. They told me I wasn't due for an upgrade until November. They said I could pick out a GoPhone in the meantime. I said, 'Yeah, I don't think so.'...
    Good for you. Shame you had to deal with that. I'm biased against many "suckular practices". The BB on VZW should serve you much better. Yeah they lock down GPS and such however their CS appears to have retained common sense and their signal is typically superior overall.

The Curve has a large lifecycle promoting a huge aftermarket and accessory line. The BB app world has grown as well. Point is even though the Curve is over a year old, it's still being sold on just about all carriers and has a long road ahead.

I've had mine for almost a year and see having it until the next "WOW" upgrade presents itself. IMO the Tour is nice however came out of the gate with issues and isn't a "WOW" upgrade in comparisons.
    09-20-09 09:15 AM
    2 weeks i think!
    09-20-09 09:20 AM
    7 months. I honestly miss my Treo.

09-20-09 09:36 AM
    6 weeks. This phone rocks. I had an instinct and it sucked.

09-20-09 09:42 AM
    Since March. Love it and wouldn't trade it for any other phone.

09-20-09 10:09 AM
    I've had my 8320 since Jan, recently upgraded to 8520. I think my new berry will be with me till the end
    09-20-09 10:49 AM
    1 week now. Traded my flip for it and loving the curve over my flip

09-20-09 11:14 AM
    i HAD my VZW 8330 for a year and loved it! Very stable device, liked the keyboard, camera and location of USB port location.

The only reason i upgraded to a Tour was for the Global feature. i ike this phone better but if i didn't want a World Phone i'd stick with my 8330 for years!

09-20-09 11:23 AM
    I've had mine since last April.

09-20-09 11:26 AM
    Got the curve in august and have been in love since. Before this phone I tried the Centro & the Instinct. Treo allowing no third party software and missing the apps I needed and Instincts touch screen that never seemed to get it right drove me over the edge. So far this phone has everything I need.

09-20-09 11:26 AM
    I've had my 8330 Curve for roughly 4 months and honestly I would love to try the tour however this phone gives me so much reliability plus I've still got countless things to learn about it, I'll prolly have it for quite awhile :-).
    09-20-09 11:54 AM
    Good for you. Shame you had to deal with that. I'm biased against many "suckular practices". The BB on VZW should serve you much better. Yeah they lock down GPS and such however their CS appears to have retained common sense and their signal is typically superior overall.

The Curve has a large lifecycle promoting a huge aftermarket and accessory line. The BB app world has grown as well. Point is even though the Curve is over a year old, it's still being sold on just about all carriers and has a long road ahead.

I've had mine for almost a year and see having it until the next "WOW" upgrade presents itself. IMO the Tour is nice however came out of the gate with issues and isn't a "WOW" upgrade in comparisons.

Yeah, now that I think of it I don't think there is another other phone but the Curve that is over a year old that is still being hugely promoted in newly produced ads. Curve still has a long way to go. Your also right about the upgrade to the Tour. If I were to upgrade I would upgrade to something that has a HUGE difference and not something that has a few tweaks changed.
    09-20-09 12:07 PM
    Got my Curve in June. I switched from a 6800/Mogul on Verizon to a Touch Pro on sprint. I wasn't happy with the TP so I sold it and got my Curve. I can't see myself using any phone but a blackberry now.
    09-20-09 12:11 PM
    Got mine July 15, 2009. Love it. Couldn't have picked a better BB (or smartphone, for that matter) to begin my addiction with.

09-20-09 02:18 PM
    I've had my 8320 for almost 2 years, I got my Bold in November and have used it as my personal device since, I use my 8320 for work....
    09-20-09 02:24 PM
    I got mine in June. It was a buy from ebay. I love it so far, when Im eligible to upgrade with AT&T Im going for the 8900 curve. I think Im a BB owner for life.
    09-20-09 06:39 PM
    The curve is the BEST!!! I thought I would get the Samsung Eternity since my work went to an enterprise email system. Had the Eternity 3 weeks and returned it and am using the 8310 again. I hated the touch screen. Took forever to text or send an email. I am spoiled by BB. In the next week or so, I will get the Curve 8900. BB 4EVER!!!
    09-20-09 07:38 PM
    I got my 1st Curve in Jan of this year. Then a few months ago I had to get a replacement. I really like my BlackBerry the only other phone I'd like to try out is a Storm. I'll probably stick with a BlackBerry in general as long as I have a cell phone.

09-20-09 07:47 PM
    I've had my 8320 Curve for almost two years. It is without a doubt the best phone I have ever used. As of this month I am eligible for an upgrade and will get the 9700 as soon as it comes out.
    09-20-09 08:01 PM
    i've had my 8330 since january. i love it sooooo much! i want a tour really bad!
    09-20-09 10:38 PM
    I have had my Curve a year and a half. I have the tour and storm as well, but the curve will always be my baby...
    09-20-09 10:53 PM
    I got my 8330 about 2 months ago and I love it

09-21-09 01:37 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD