View Poll Results: Failure?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll
  • Satisfied

228 90.12%
  • Not Satisfied

27 10.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    jeez... my friends trackball broke in a week....

plus ive read of countless others, high return rate, and now the new official OS getting pulled?

this forum looks like a complaint deptartment

post up
    Last edited by thadealer; 09-19-09 at 02:59 PM.
    09-19-09 02:55 PM
    It's just you, I happen to love my Tour!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 02:58 PM
    I know many people that returned the Tour and got different BBs because of all the problems, I personally don't think is a failure it just needs OS updates and sometime to get better...
    09-19-09 03:00 PM
    jeez... my friends trackball broke in a week....

plus ive read of countless others, high return rate, and now the new official OS getting pulled?

post up
    Better put your fire suit on, dawg. I bet a lot of people are getting their flamethrowers ready after reading this post.

PS - all device forums resemble the complaint department...that's the nature of these things.
    09-19-09 03:00 PM
    It's just you.
    09-19-09 03:02 PM
    Better put your fire suit on, dawg. I bet a lot of people are getting their flamethrowers ready after reading this post.

haha i dont care, im bored at work here, need some entertainment..

but honestly ive never seen so many problems... i own a 8900 so i dont know first hand but a good friend has one and she cant stand it.... like the trackball failed in the first week...

then i read all the rest of the problems....
    09-19-09 03:02 PM
    FYI: There "appears" to be so many people complaining because everyone decides to keep making identical threads instead of searching and discussing the issues in a few select threads.
    09-19-09 03:04 PM
    my mom, sister and myself all have tours and we are all happy with them.
    09-19-09 03:10 PM
    Keep in mind people who are thrilled with their device typically dont make a thread about it.
    09-19-09 03:11 PM
    Keep in mind people who are thrilled with their device typically dont make a thread about it.
    Exactly. 90+% of the threads out there are from people who are having a problem with their phone.
    09-19-09 03:13 PM
    Its like going to an abortion clinic and thinking the world hates babies lol. I am the FIRST to whine when a feature ticks me off but this berry rocks. It dosnt bring much new to the table but there wasn't much more to bring. We have rev a and a perfect screen. Best keyboard and I have yet to be in a situation where I want wifi and I am far from a fan boy see my others posts where I b1tch about stuff lol

09-19-09 03:18 PM
    Must just be you... My Tour has been A+ since the start!
    09-19-09 03:32 PM
    I love my tour very happy i upgraded from my curve, and I have had mine since day one of release.
    09-19-09 03:33 PM
    Mine is problem free.

But if the return rate is near 50% with the early shipments I'd say its a certified FAIL on the part of RIM. How can you ship a product with that kind of reject rate?

RIM had better pay attention to their reputation because they have launched some utter junk since and including the Storm.

09-19-09 03:38 PM
    Mine is problem free.

But if the return rate is near 50% with the early shipments I'd say its a certified FAIL on the part of RIM. How can you ship a product with that kind of reject rate?

RIM had better pay attention to their reputation because they have launched some utter junk since and including the Storm.

The 50% return rate is a dubious claim at best. It's already been proven that the writer of the article (I believe it appeared in PC World...) got their information from conversations from unnamed sources. In fact, in a separate article I read, named sources from both Verizon and Sprint are stating that the return rate on the Tour is MUCH lower than 50% Until I either see official sales and returns figures from Verizon, Sprint or RIM directly or the writer of the original article names his sources, I'm inclined to not believe the 50% return rate.
    09-19-09 03:45 PM
    Exactly. 90+% of the threads out there are from people who are having a problem with their phone.
    Yeah, I agree with you and would like to add that the other 10% are actually comprised of the 95% of us in real life who are tired of seeing them post the same complaints because they are too lazy to search for one of the first ten gripe threads posted on each topic by someone who is not happy.

I am happy with my Tour. It works a bit more fluid since I upgraded to .53 last night and seems to be in good shape at the moment.
    09-19-09 03:46 PM
    ... I think its just you.

09-19-09 03:51 PM
    According to Bell, the return rate is almost non existant. I have spoken to quite a few Bell reps at defferent stores and CS dept and all say almost no returns. If its true or not... Thats a different story

09-19-09 03:56 PM
    ... I think its just you.

I don't understand everyone's gripes about this phone, it has worked very well for me, I even have OS 5.0 running and threaded SMS is such a necessity and convenience... This is coming from a storm user who had consistent and reoccuring issues. I am on my first tour and have not had any issues.

09-19-09 03:57 PM
    The 50% return rate is a dubious claim at best. It's already been proven that the writer of the article (I believe it appeared in PC World...) got their information from conversations from unnamed sources. In fact, in a separate article I read, named sources from both Verizon and Sprint are stating that the return rate on the Tour is MUCH lower than 50% Until I either see official sales and returns figures from Verizon, Sprint or RIM directly or the writer of the original article names his sources, I'm inclined to not believe the 50% return rate.
    There was a Crackberry poll a week ago on this topic and the results were very close to the 50% return rate.

Shame on you RIM. Though my Tour is problem free I am disgusted by this. I have been a 5yr Blackberry user and feel like giving my business to a competitor in protest.

09-19-09 04:00 PM
    It's just you, I happen to love my Tour!

+1

10 char
    09-19-09 04:21 PM
    There was a Crackberry poll a week ago on this topic and the results were very close to the 50% return rate.

Shame on you RIM. Though my Tour is problem free I am disgusted by this. I have been a 5yr Blackberry user and feel like giving my business to a competitor in protest.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but an informal Crackberry poll with a small sample size is hardly a decent alternative to actual data. Go on believing what you will, but I've spend enough time in the real world to know the difference between fact and anecdotal evidence. You're going to have to do a lot better than quoting a measly Crackberry poll to convince me that the 50% return rate is on the mark.
    Last edited by BlackBerryBarry; 09-19-09 at 05:13 PM.
    09-19-09 04:25 PM
    That's not exactly an unbiased poll nor a scientific sampling. Sites like this tend to attract people with issues looking for help. If my device is working fine, i'm going to use it, not research problems others might be having.

I've got some very demanding users with Storms and Tours who don't have problems with them. I've got users with Curves that sometimes have problems and even had 2 new curves die within a week of being activated. Does that make the Curve a FAIL? The other 100+ work just fine. It depends on your sample size.
    09-19-09 04:28 PM
    That's not exactly an unbiased poll nor a scientific sampling. Sites like this tend to attract people with issues looking for help. If my device is working fine, i'm going to use it, not research problems others might be having.

I've got some very demanding users with Storms and Tours who don't have problems with them. I've got users with Curves that sometimes have problems and even had 2 new curves die within a week of being activated. Does that make the Curve a FAIL? The other 100+ work just fine. It depends on your sample size.
    +1 for this. I couldn't agree more.
    09-19-09 04:31 PM
    It is a great device now, the first batch has some issues, big deal. Its obvious that RIM acknowledged this, hence I havent heard of one person who didnt request a new tour and didnt get it. SO I say kudos to RIM for taking responsibility and fixing the issue. I love my tour, kicks any phones **** that I have ever used, and I have used just about every smartphone out there. And guess what, when I had an issue with that smartphone, I was told too bad. And in regards to how many returned tours there has been, yes alot of ppl had to return bc of issues with the first batch, but the question is how many of those ppl stuck with the tour afterward. I am willing to bet that almost all of them stuck with the tour. Just my 2 cents
    09-19-09 04:50 PM
114 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD