without forcing me to dig through hundreds of pages, can i just get a few simle opinions of .230? worth the upgrade from .151?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 12:46 AM
    I think so, I love it! Just do it, if nothing else you can always go back!
    09-19-09 12:49 AM
    if youre well aware of the apps not working on 5.0 ... i would say.. go on!
    09-19-09 12:50 AM
    yes

10charthingy
    09-19-09 12:51 AM
    Reboot city for me. It's still green in my opinion.

09-19-09 01:06 AM
    Reboot city for me. It's still green in my opinion.

WTF! Reboot city. Not one random reboot for me.
    09-19-09 01:07 AM
    WTF! Reboot city. Not one random reboot for me.
    And if memory serves, you didn't have any reboots in .140 either, but mine was every time I'd do a lot of multitasking with streaming media going.

09-19-09 01:11 AM
    And if memory serves, you didn't have any reboots in .140 either, but mine was every time I'd do a lot of multitasking with streaming media going.

Yes, I do recall that bug. Let me know what bugs you see and I will see if I can duplicate them. Dont get me wrong, I dont think this is a perfect OS but its leaps and bounds ahead of the older builds. Its the best we have right now.
    09-19-09 01:20 AM
    I wouldnt think of having anything less besides .191 but i really needed the camera so this fixed things even better. I say do it!
    09-19-09 01:23 AM
    I had hoped we'd be further along at .230 revision in this game. I'm just not impressed by what I see. I just don't get it why it's so hard to clean up the code and fix bugs without introducing new ones.

I used to program a long time ago (no Java though) and we never ran into things similar to this.

09-19-09 01:27 AM
    I had hoped we'd be further along at .230 revision in this game. I'm just not impressed by what I see. I just don't get it why it's so hard to clean up the code and fix bugs without introducing new ones.

I used to program a long time ago (no Java though) and we never ran into things similar to this.

Lets keep in mind where we started with the Storm. 230 is leaps and bounds better then 75 or 148, even with it's problems.
    The speed alone is enough to make me keep it. Is it perfect, nope. It's getting real close to doing everything well.
    09-19-09 01:32 AM
    I dunno if this is related or not, but I updated to .230 last night and now my phone won't charge. Any similar problems?

EDIT:
    Never mind, it's amazing what a battery pull will fix these days.
    09-19-09 01:32 AM
    without forcing me to dig through hundreds of pages, can i just get a few simle opinions of .230? worth the upgrade from .151?
    Opinion: If you can live with some of the app issues, upgrading is a no-brainer.
    Worth the upgrade from .151.? Yes.
    09-19-09 01:34 AM
    It is so worth it the speed is awesome it looks like a new phone! Also I'm super impressed with the new predictive text!

09-19-09 01:57 AM
    from what i have heard, opera 5 works so that is good enough for me. wh at about poynt?

09-19-09 02:50 AM
    Geez there was an entire post dedicated to this question.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/verdict-230-a-317676/
    09-19-09 07:36 AM
    I just don't get it why it's so hard to clean up the code and fix bugs without introducing new ones.
    lol did you not use win vista when it was released?

apparently most large companies are incapable of this rim not excluded, must be something to do with having a huge programing team, i guess they all dont get the memo when some code screws up
    09-19-09 08:03 AM
    I'm quite happy with .230. No reboots for me either, running it since it leaked with maybe four reboots? Those were related to the charging pod however...

09-19-09 08:45 AM
    lol did you not use win vista when it was released?

apparently most large companies are incapable of this rim not excluded, must be something to do with having a huge programing team, i guess they all dont get the memo when some code screws up
    Unlike a lot of people, I never really had any issues with Vista. I had one specific problem where my laptop wouldn't (almost every other time) hibernate or sleep properly... it would lock up. I tracked it down to the MS released version of the wifi driver for my wifi adaptor. Once I replaced that, all was smooth sailing from the get go with Vista Ultimate. Currently working under W7 Ultimate without any issues (although I tested the lockup issue with the wifi driver again posted on WU by MS and it still locks up... obviously it's something with those drivers that they certify), but other then that, it's smooth as ever. The only issue I ever had with Vista and now with W7 is a visual bug. It happened with SP2 in Vista and continued into W7 into production on the RC. The bug is that when you do into Device Manager and bring up the Properties screen of any device and then hover the mouse over the Minimize/Maximize/Close button of that Properties Window, the button glow will "flash". I've reported this issue to MS several times ever since it started in Vista and they seem reluctant to fix it. I even attended an MS conference where they gave out free copies of W7 just for attending and told the presenter that I could show them at least one simple bug in W7, at which point he indicated that I'd receive another copy of W7 if I could truly find one... showed him this and got myself another W7 copy. (People laughed in the audience when they saw this on the projector and the guy had to hand out another box, lol.)
    09-19-09 12:23 PM
    Geez there was an entire post dedicated to this question.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/verdict-230-a-317676/
    and you felt the need to waste forum space with your pointless post why?

09-19-09 02:45 PM
    and you felt the need to waste forum space with your pointless post why?

Pointless? My post was pointless? You created a duplicate to a post that already existed and contained the same info you were asking for. By doing that you spread out the info exchange rather than keeping it in one area making it easier for EVERYONE to find the info they need.
    09-19-09 09:33 PM
    Thanks I LOVE cookies!
    09-19-09 09:34 PM
    My Storm has been great on .151....I gave a previous 5.0 OS a quick test drive, but didn't work well with my phone...

I loaded .230 (Lyricidal's Mix) and really like so far...the only real things I don't like is no Meterberry or Facebook, and I'm surprised that my memory is not better than it is....so far staying around 30 mb, where on .151 I usually am in the mid to high 30's....

Flickscrolling is great, Threaded SMS is neat, and the browser is super fast....I'm going to stick with .230 for now...
    09-19-09 09:44 PM
    This OS is amazing I love it. The big thing that I like about .230 is that it has a camera and finally not blackberry app world. I had .191 and I loved it but it didn't have a camera which pissed me off. I like that the 4.7 are very stable and stuff like that but I love all the extra perks.

09-19-09 10:55 PM
    Pointless? My post was pointless? You created a duplicate to a post that already existed and contained the same info you were asking for. By doing that you spread out the info exchange rather than keeping it in one area making it easier for EVERYONE to find the info they need.
    did you post information pertaining to my question? so yes, i found it pointless.

09-19-09 11:01 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD