Can you crop photos on the Tour?? I am not seeing the option anywhere...

Thanks
    09-18-09 10:23 AM
    I downloaded the application Cropit and it works great.
    09-18-09 10:24 AM
    is it free?
    09-18-09 10:24 AM
    great ... thanks!!!
    09-18-09 10:29 AM
    Where can I get cropit from?
    09-18-09 10:33 AM
    No its a paid application but if you like cropping your photos on your device it works perfectly. I think I paid like $2-3. The Storm version lets you drag and click like when cropping on your PC but trackball devices I believe have to set the anchor points at the top then the bottom to be able to crop.
    09-18-09 10:34 AM
    You can download cropit from the Crackberry (mobihand) app store.
    09-18-09 10:34 AM
    Thanks I have been wanting an app like this but I guess I didn't do enough research to find it
    09-18-09 10:37 AM
    This is why I love Crackberry so much-- I learn something new every day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 10:41 AM
    No worries, good luck I hope they have a compatible version for all your phones. The only issue I have with it and I have talked to the developer about it and still no fix is that when you check the application switcher sometimes Cropit will be running in the background and I just close it out but without opening it, it will appear in the app switcher again. Also not sure if this is a Storm issue or if it is across the board but when I am looking at a photo in landscape mode (or portrait mode it happens in both) I open my menu option and click cropit and sometimes the picture will rotate from landscape mode to portrait mode while I am still in landscape mode and the image will be sideways and smaller. This doesnt happen every time but on many pictures. Not sure if it matters how the picture was originally taken or not but it bugs the cra p out of me. You can still crop the photo fine but it just makes it that much more cumbersome. The photo once cropped can be viewed fine in either landscape or portrait but its just a PITA to crop it all sideways.
    09-18-09 10:42 AM
    Thanks because I was in App World looking for it and couldn't find it... heading to crackberry on my BB to find it
    09-18-09 10:47 AM
    here's me trick on cropping an image within me tour w/o downloading & installing anything:

- zoom in on image
    - position image to liking
    - capture screen

voila!

(this is assuming you're trying to crop to the resolution of your BB's display area.)
    09-18-09 03:57 PM
    here's me trick on cropping an image within me tour w/o downloading & installing anything:

- zoom in on image
    - capture screen

voila!
    Nice! +1...
    09-18-09 03:58 PM
    Any app to rotate an image? I post to a WordPress blog and if I shoot a portrait style photo from the Tour (hold phone sideways) I can only upload it the same. Would love to be able to change its orientation.

Slick trick for the crop with no software. Not bad for a freebie.

09-18-09 07:24 PM
    Nice! +1...
    Slick trick for the crop with no software. Not bad for a freebie.
    ^
    ty, sirs.

Any app to rotate an image? I post to a WordPress blog and if I shoot a portrait style photo from the Tour (hold phone sideways) I can only upload it the same. Would love to be able to change its orientation.
    ^
    the tour lets you rotate, from the BB-menu.
    Last edited by tallazzPilipino; 09-23-09 at 12:34 PM.
    09-23-09 12:22 PM
    sync your pictures to your PC, use Windows photo Gallery, edit your pictures, and save them back on your TOUR, why recreate the wheel.
    09-23-09 12:36 PM
    or you can do it all, quickly, from the BB device, itself, while on the go with all the factory options.
    09-23-09 12:45 PM
    neat application
    09-23-09 12:55 PM
    pardon my ignorance still a newbie. how do you capture the screen after you position it?
    09-23-09 09:28 PM
    use capture it for screen captures

The Tech Mogul - Welcome To TheTechMogul
    09-23-09 10:26 PM
    I'm still surprised that there is no basic image editor for the BB.
    On my WinMo phone I used to have a basic image editor to crop / resize / save in diff formats and some color adjustments.
    09-23-09 10:37 PM
    I'm still surprised that there is no basic image editor for the BB.
    On my WinMo phone I used to have a basic image editor to crop / resize / save in diff formats and some color adjustments.
    I know what ya mean. Im one week into the BB, from WinMO,and used the Capture it to crop right from the start. The BB is a different beast, but I like it.
    09-23-09 11:19 PM
    - zoom in on image
    - capture screen
    voila!

(this is assuming you're trying to crop to the resolution of your BB's display area.)
    EXACTLY what I want to do if crop to 480x360, and was disappointed to see that Cropit doesn't allow for an easy way to do that. And I couldn't see another cropping app for the blackberry. I was getting resigned to having to crop on my computer.

But I just tried out what you suggested, and I think that it will do the trick!

Excellent tip - thanks!
    09-24-09 11:48 AM
    ^

and i lied. maybe you do need to install something -- a screen capture app. lol
    09-24-09 12:13 PM

- zoom in on image
    - capture screen

voila!

This is exactly what I do!!! +1

09-24-09 02:25 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD