Last night (some time after 10:15 PM), I stopped getting Facebook updates on my Storm. I know VzW's data network was down for a bit last night, too, but that seemed to be restored and working fine this morning. Yet still, no FB updates. Thoughts, anyone?
    09-18-09 10:07 AM
    Check to make sure the email account that the facebook sends its alerts to is able to send messages to your BB. If this email is disabled, your BB wont get alerts.
    09-18-09 10:11 AM
    I'm having the same problem...not sure what is going on exactly. I even removed and then re-installed the Facebook app, and it's still not working...
    09-18-09 10:29 AM
    Check to make sure the email account that the facebook sends its alerts to is able to send messages to your BB. If this email is disabled, your BB wont get alerts.
    Yeah, I'm receiving emails again on my BB using the email address associated with my FB account. Service was down briefly last night, but seems to be working fine now. FB just didn't come back.
    09-18-09 10:45 AM
    I'm having the same problem...not sure what is going on exactly. I even removed and then re-installed the Facebook app, and it's still not working...
    I was just about to do the same thing, but maybe now I won't bother. Hmmm....

(Thanks for the response!)
    09-18-09 10:46 AM
    Having the same issues here. I have confirmed with 4 other friends and co-workers and all are experiencing the same issues
    09-18-09 11:31 AM
    That is very odd...

I would recommend going though the setup wizard on the device again and reset up everything. If that doesn't help then it sounds like it might be an issue on the BIS/FB end.
    09-18-09 11:59 AM
    Sometimes it may be the network being down or facebook itself working on their servers but always make sure and check that your email in box isn't full to the Max I had that happen with my AOL email several times where i would forget to delete all the notifications and they wouldn't come thru after a while cause they were bouncing back due to my inbox being full to capacity...
    09-18-09 12:17 PM
    Really appreciate the suggestions, guys...
    09-18-09 01:11 PM
    There's another thread on here where people were having problems opening fb comments, friend requests, etc. and today its gone to no one gets notifications on their BB but if you go to your email webserver or PC the email notifications are there. Pretty sure this is a fb issue. It sucks I know that!!
    09-18-09 01:15 PM
    There's another thread on here where people were having problems opening fb comments, friend requests, etc. and today its gone to no one gets notifications on their BB but if you go to your email webserver or PC the email notifications are there. Pretty sure this is a fb issue. It sucks I know that!!
    Right. I just checked my Gmail account and the notifications are all there. (I normally have them go straight to my Trash bin, because I don't want duplicate notifications.) Must be a FB issue because it doesn't appear to be limited to the Storm or Verizon, for that matter.
    09-18-09 01:18 PM
    You know, I think FB must be making some changes. I also have noticed that when I post a status update with my phone now, it shows up on FB as posted "XX minutes ago via Facebook for Blackberry." Prior to the last day or two, such posts would show the mobile icon, but that was it.
    09-18-09 01:46 PM
    I too am not receiving any notifications either since last night. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 01:55 PM
    theres a WHOLE thread about this kind of thing!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ca...mments-316141/

facebook is messing up on everyone, theres been numerous problems with it lately...
    09-18-09 02:17 PM
    I just started getting notifications on my Storm again!
    09-18-09 04:20 PM
    I can't even stay logged into Facebook, ever time I do it then tells me my "session has expired" and then takes an hour to log back in, only to kick me back out.
    09-18-09 04:26 PM
    So are they ever going to get this fixed?

I just tried posting a comment and it is still throwing errors saying that it can't connect to Facebook. WTF?!
    09-20-09 07:45 AM
    Right. I just checked my Gmail account and the notifications are all there. (I normally have them go straight to my Trash bin, because I don't want duplicate notifications.) Must be a FB issue because it doesn't appear to be limited to the Storm or Verizon, for that matter.
    You know that you can set it so that your notifications only come to your BB and won't be in your email? Under Options on your FB on BB there is a box next to "Leave email notification messages on mail server" just UNcheck that box and they won't be on your Gmail account (well once FB issues are resolved and its working properly.) Not that there is anything wrong with them going straight to your trash bin but that option is to accomplish what you want I think.
    09-21-09 09:33 AM
    I am having trouble also. when i log into the Fbook app, it immediately tells me "session has expired" and log s me out. very annoying, but hey lite.facebook(dot)com works beautifully with opere beta 5! hope it gets fixed soon

09-21-09 09:41 AM
    I am having trouble also. when i log into the Fbook app, it immediately tells me "session has expired" and log s me out. very annoying, but hey lite.facebook(dot)com works beautifully with opere beta 5! hope it gets fixed soon

Mine did this this morning also. I would also get the message that there was a problem connecting to the FB server or some such. A battery pull fixed that. Same thing happened last week and a battery pull fixed it.
    09-21-09 09:50 AM
    keep getting "Login session expired. Please login again." even after battery pulls. I upgraded to .167 Sat night and it worked fine all day Sunday. Anyone ideas?

No stuck on "Contacting Facebook..."
    Last edited by droser2000; 09-21-09 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Update:
    09-21-09 10:26 AM
    Mine keeps logging me out. Now my notifications are coming via email instead of the app

09-21-09 10:35 AM
    Did Facebook get "rebooted"? Along with my FB on BBY problems, i logged onto FB on my laptop and noticed i had missing relatives. i logged out, waited a few minutes, then logged back and all my relatives were there. Decided to try it on BBY again and now it works fine. hmmm.....
    09-21-09 10:47 AM
    Same problem on At&t BB as well...won't login!
    09-21-09 12:38 PM
    Ok I haven't been able to upload ANY profile pics from my brand new 8330. It worked for the first 2 days I had it then everytime I try I get an error message! I can upload to other albums just fine. What the hell?! Is anyone else having this problem? Or know how to fix it?
    09-21-09 01:05 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD