My Storm is dead!!! While leaving for work...I grabbed my Strom from charger and put it in my pocket. After arriving at the office I pull out my phone and it is unresponsive. Did a batt pull....nothing. Have it on USB charge now for an hour...nothing! Have red LED on. When I do a batt pull, the little "hour galss" icon appears for a second then the phone remains dead/blank. In the past 2 days...I have only uploaded BerryScroll, upgraded Yahoo Mess, and ecruz HTC hero theme.

Planning on heading to the Verizon store in a bit. Could be bad batt......?
    09-18-09 07:47 AM
    How long did you leave it on the charger for at work? Could be that when you plugged it in at home the battery didn't charge and is dead. Give it a hour and try again. I don't think it to be caused by the apps you loaded, and was either a faulty charge or a bad battery.
    09-18-09 08:02 AM
    I thought maybe it didn't get a full charge overnight either. It's been on USb chrage for about 2 hours now. Hope it's only a bad batt!!
    09-18-09 08:17 AM
    I had a similar problem once. I had charged the phone when I went to sleep and I had a full battery and next morning my phone was dead. So I plugged it in and it was so drained that for 10min the device wouldn't boot it would only show a battery with a bolt. Only happened once and did a physical battery pull. Never happened again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 12:16 PM
    Expanded the title! If a good charge don't fix it, thry the Nuked OS proceedure under Help, BlackBerry 101 on the CB menus.
    09-18-09 09:42 PM
    This happened to me a few days after upgrading to a a .151 hybrid I think it was. Had the same exact problems as you with the hour glass and everything. Went to verizon and they replaced the phone and gave me a new battery. The guy "tested" both and said the were fried. Really random because everything was fine in the morning and when I came home from the beach it was toast...wasnt even plugged in to anything.
    09-18-09 11:12 PM
    I'd reload your OS. It is likely that simple, plus you don't have to deal with CS...
    09-18-09 11:34 PM
    THe problem is u need to use ur home charger. Your home charger has more juice then usb. Happen to me a few days ago and after I put it on home charger it worker fine!

If u use ur USB cable mostly to charge the phone that will happen.

Just put it on ur home charger and it will come on
    09-18-09 11:49 PM
    THe problem is u need to use ur home charger. Your home charger has more juice then usb. Happen to me a few days ago and after I put it on home charger it worker fine!

If u use ur USB cable mostly to charge the phone that will happen.

Just put it on ur home charger and it will come on
    Doubt it. IT wouldn't hour glass. It would give you a dead battery in the middle of the screen. It was on his home charger when this started.

I suspect an OS reload would fix this, though I'm sure he is going to just get it replaced. Ugh.
    09-18-09 11:51 PM
    Im telling you the same thing happen to me! He needs his home charger
    09-18-09 11:56 PM
    Im telling you the same thing happen to me! He needs his home charger
    I'm telling you I've seen this too. He left it on USB for 2 hours. This would be sufficient to get it to boot.

Insufficient power does not cause it to act this way.
    09-18-09 11:58 PM
    problem is he always uses his USB to charge from the way it seem. you cant do that for some reason with the storm. Every now and then it needs a home charger full charge
    09-19-09 12:01 AM
    When my storm did this I used both USB and wall charger to get it to boot up and neither did anything for it...and when it would get the red led I tried to "force" an OS load and it would not even connect....its fried and you need a new storm
    09-19-09 10:48 AM
    I've fried my Storm more times than I can count. A few times I got the red light only, nothing else. It's fixable but will take a couple of hours. When it comes to dead/fried BB's, they can all be fixed....it just depends on if you want to put the time into it.

This thread is your friend: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    09-19-09 11:30 AM
    I left my storm on usb overnight and I had the same problem. i had to charge it with the ac charger.
    09-19-09 11:47 AM
    I left my storm on usb overnight and I had the same problem. i had to charge it with the ac charger.
    Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-20-09 04:17 PM
    problem is he always uses his USB to charge from the way it seem. you cant do that for some reason with the storm. Every now and then it needs a home charger full charge
    hmm,,I only use the USB to charge mine and never had a problem, as a matter of fact, the wall charger is still in the Storm box since I bought it.
    09-20-09 05:05 PM
    this just happened to me yesterday. It went dead in the middle of golfing. I came home, turned on the laptop, plugged in my phone via usb. Nothing. this was for almost 3 hrs. Finally, i plugged it into the wall charger. After about 10 minutes, i was ables top turn it on, do a battery pull, and works like a charm now. No need to reload the OS ( .230) for me. But, all phones are different.
    09-20-09 05:59 PM
    here is the end all be all, go buy a new batt yours is toasted! i had this happen to me. i reloaded the os, charged all night on the wall charger everything under the sun. your battery is dead and a paperweight now
    09-21-09 12:35 AM
    Was a bad battery....had to buy a new one.
    09-21-09 06:24 AM
    I leave mine in the charger overnight no issues. I have been told by VZW techs to charge not more than 3 hours.

Question, if you charge through the USB does the charging unit turn off when fully charge like when in the charger? If not maybe he burnt the battery.
    09-21-09 06:43 AM
    It is that Hero theme!! I downloaded that theme too, and ever since then it bricked my phone. I just get a black screen with the red LED. I am on the official .328 OS, I am going to see if I can get my money back from that theme.
    12-16-09 01:59 PM
    i dont understand how usb charging would differ from a/c wall charging for the phone unless your pc is going into sleep mode or something disabling the usb port?
    12-16-09 03:01 PM
    i dont understand how usb charging would differ from a/c wall charging for the phone unless your pc is going into sleep mode or something disabling the usb port?
    The spec for a USB port is 5.0 volts, maximum of 500 mA.

I believe the Storm charger puts out 5.0 volts at 900mA. Even though the microUSB connection is the same, the charger puts out more juice.

The USB port on your computer works like a trickle charger to maintain and slowly charge the battery, but it just doesn't have enough current to bring back a fully discharged battery... at least not in any sort of timely manner.
    12-16-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD