If you�re a T-Mobile subscriber itching to get your hands on the latest and greatest, it looks like November 11th might be a date you want to jot down in your planner. Why, you ask? According to one of our ninjas, a T-Mobile higher-up has pegged November 11th as the tentative launch date for both the BlackBerry 9700 and the Motorola CLIQ. Wow. Have two more highly anticipated handsets ever launched with the same carrier on the same day? Now, to be crystal clear, this date is relayed to us as tentative so nothing is set in stone just yet. Where the CLIQ is concerned, the 11th definitely lines up well with the late-October pre-sale and the 9700 has been rumored to launch in November as well. On a related note, we�re hearing AT&T will launch the 9700 around the same time as T-mo, while Rogers will once again beat the US to the punch with a mid to late-October launch.

Source: BlackBerry 9700 and Motorola CLIQ release dates revealed? : Boy Genius Report

Discuss!
    09-17-09 09:29 PM
    nice! i want att though!!!!!!!
    09-17-09 09:36 PM
    Sweeeeet!, I'm definetly getting the 9700... Just in time for my bday

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 09:40 PM
    Nice to know the date of TMO's lauch!
    09-17-09 09:42 PM
    Hmmm... Maybe the offical release will come at 11:11 am on 11/11 lol
    09-17-09 09:46 PM
    I tried a search but I think this thread may be a better place to ask this question- what are the benefits of t-mobile over at&t?

I was actually a t-mobile customer all the way back to powertel and through voicestream. But I never had a smartphone with them and never used too much data. I loved their customer service, but I switched to at&t 3 years ago, and spent three (sort of) worry free weeks with verizon.

I know the 9700 won't have the 850 band on tmo like att, but will the uma adequately make up for this? What will the specific differences be? Is the 3G network alot or a little different than at&t?

Also, regarding service, what extra sh** does t-mobile make you pay for? like Verizon charges an extra few dollars for things like the navigator and visual voicemail.

09-17-09 10:14 PM
    T-mobile doesn't make you pay for any of those extras, it will have 3G on t-mobile, UMA's fantastic if you are in a no-coverage area but have wifi access, t-mobile doesn't have as much 3G coverage but if they have it in your area it's all good
    09-17-09 10:18 PM
    No! I refuse to believe this and get excited. I can't take the pain anymore. Watch...I'll get hyped up for a few hours...

Only to have PG or CX come on here dropping some cool knowledge discrediting this date. It really hurts...

Nope not this time.

*Gets up does a little dance while marking calendar...
    09-17-09 10:25 PM
    I tried a search but I think this thread may be a better place to ask this question- what are the benefits of t-mobile over at&t?

I was actually a t-mobile customer all the way back to powertel and through voicestream. But I never had a smartphone with them and never used too much data. I loved their customer service, but I switched to at&t 3 years ago, and spent three (sort of) worry free weeks with verizon.

I know the 9700 won't have the 850 band on tmo like att, but will the uma adequately make up for this? What will the specific differences be? Is the 3G network alot or a little different than at&t?

Also, regarding service, what extra sh** does t-mobile make you pay for? like Verizon charges an extra few dollars for things like the navigator and visual voicemail.

T-Mobile also provides truly unlimited data for their blackberry data plans and they don't charge for tethering. I've also found their voice plans are less expensive than AT&T's. The downside is their 3G isn't as fast and not nearly as ubiquitous, but it's also far less loaded than ATT's.
    09-18-09 05:47 AM

Granted, it's been a few years since I've had AT&T, but every experience I've had with their customer service has been wretched. Now T-Mobile on the other hand has been racking up the awards in that department and it's definitely warranted. I do like AT&T's wider 3g network, but with WiFi on my 8900, I really don't mourn that.
    09-18-09 07:48 AM
    I'd like to see that happen... even if I probably can not get one right now.
    09-18-09 07:48 AM
    T-Mobile also provides truly unlimited data for their blackberry data plans and they don't charge for tethering. I've also found their voice plans are less expensive than AT&T's. The downside is their 3G isn't as fast and not nearly as ubiquitous, but it's also far less loaded than ATT's.
    tmo 3G is fast, people 3G is 3G
    09-18-09 08:42 AM
    yess rogers wins again ; >

there was another hint about release dates on Sal's blog about the 9700 being released in late nov, early dec to give the storm 2 a little bit of air before hitting the market with a new product
    09-18-09 10:09 AM
    I believe the appropriate response would be: "Your mileage may vary"
    09-18-09 10:14 AM
    im thinking of switching back to Tmobile, ATT is not cutting it for me...im thinking of going with the 9700 to replace my BOLD! i wanna test 9700 vs BOLD before making a switch!
    09-18-09 10:42 AM
    cant wait for this!!
    09-19-09 02:39 PM
    yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!
    09-19-09 06:38 PM
    Let's see if all the fuss and speculations were really worth it lol...

Can't wait to test it out
    09-19-09 06:46 PM
    I would go back to T-Mobile...

0nly if they offered better coverage and a better discount. With AT&T I get better coverage and signal than with AT&T and I get a good discount with AT&T as well. Everyones cheers about T-Mobile customer service department but I'm like well jeez how often are y0u calling customer service for. I call customer service maybe 4 times a year.

09-19-09 07:11 PM
    Technically 3g is 3g but gizmodo did extensive speed tests recently around the nation and there were clear differentiations across the different carriers. And real world 3g is quite different than theoretical. So you're wrong.
    09-19-09 09:20 PM
    Sweeeeet!, I'm definetly getting the 9700... Just in time for my bday

Just in time for my bday as well yeeaahh baby.

09-20-09 12:00 PM
    Just in time for my bday as well yeeaahh baby.

Same and it will be my first BB!
    09-20-09 04:21 PM
    Agreed that the T-mo customer service is very good. Plans are generally a bit cheaper as well. For me personally the 5 Faves is great. I have my work as one of the faves and that takes up 80% of my minutes (even if I call different people I just a different extension). When I leave the office I have my extension forwarded to my cell - once again unlimited calling.

Seems like the ATT network frequently gets overloaded, what with the I-phone popularity and all. Just this past Thursday night I was at the UM football game. I was texting and accessing Facebook with no prob. My friend next to me was on his ATT BB and had no signal.
    09-20-09 06:14 PM
    Agreed that the T-mo customer service is very good. Plans are generally a bit cheaper as well. For me personally the 5 Faves is great. I have my work as one of the faves and that takes up 80% of my minutes (even if I call different people I just a different extension). When I leave the office I have my extension forwarded to my cell - once again unlimited calling.

Seems like the ATT network frequently gets overloaded, what with the I-phone popularity and all. Just this past Thursday night I was at the UM football game. I was texting and accessing Facebook with no prob. My friend next to me was on his ATT BB and had no signal.

AT&T just launched their own ver of MyFaves today...
    09-20-09 06:16 PM
    AT&T just launched their own ver of MyFaves today...
    I have tmo's My Faves on our family plan and it has made our 400 shared minute plan totally sufficient for our needs - we were also able to get the My Faves plan at no additional charge from the regular 400 min family plan by calling the customer retention department to complain about an issue we had when we first got a G1. So I have to say that (aside from the fact that tmo still doesn't have a 3G blackberry), I am very happy with the service we are getting.
    09-20-09 06:19 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD