Hey guys i just swapped out my bold's keyboard for the one with the red numbers and a black trackball. This was my first time ever disassembling a phone so i was a bit nervous but the process was simpler than i thought.

The part's were ordered from dealsishop.com i saw that another member on her used them so i tried them out and they were great. US based store and fast shipping.

I also ordered a unbranded bottom cover but could not figure out how to remove the AT&T one so i left it the way ti is for now. still debating on blacking it out.

now for pics.

09-17-09 12:20 PM
    Ken Block FTW
    09-17-09 12:26 PM
    behind the ATT branded plate, there should be two little clips on each side, pop those out and that piece should come right off
    09-17-09 12:37 PM
    That looks good. Nice work.
    09-17-09 12:48 PM
    looks nice, don't black out your Bold, eveyone has it blacked out ps IMO i think it looks cheap....also with the antenna cover the 2 clips it has jus pop it off, the cover has a lil sticky/glue substance but it should come right off
    09-17-09 12:50 PM
    Yea I'm a huge rally fan! Ken block is my fav! do you play dirt 2? I haven't put it down since it came out for 360

Ok thanks guys! Yea I personally like the chrom look might buy some colorware parts down the road to go black and green but we shall see. I saw the clips but could get them to budge and didn't wanna break anything so I just left it since I don't mind the at&t label.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 03:07 PM
    I will do the red keyboard, but I really don't like the black trackball.

I guess it looks good in the daylight, but at night, why would you want to block out the brightest light on the front of your blackberry?

I love how it fades out...
    09-17-09 03:28 PM
    I keep going back and forth on the housing. I thought I liked mine totally blacked out with the black trackball and black bezel, but I recently switched back to this and I realized how much I missed a white trackball and the chrome housing. Red keypad and plain black bottom piece are the only changes. I'm gonna keep it like this for a while I think:
    09-17-09 04:17 PM
    Very nice donnation love the unbranded bottom! your gonna make me have to put mine on lol.

my trackball was a bit quirky so i was swapping it anyways.

but i like the look of the black one its not like you need the light to find the trackball and it doesn't illuminate anything. one thing i will say though is the red numbers are not as bright as the all white.

i will probably be changing to a colored one soon either a green or red possibly.
    Last edited by ReaperZ1013; 09-17-09 at 06:40 PM.
    09-17-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD