We�ve been hearing rumors of a September MR for the BlackBerry Tour for a while now. Even though OS 4.7.1.42 didn�t turn out to be the first official new software release, we believe we now have a winner. We�ve just got word that the official maintenance release for the BlackBerry Tour due out around October 1st will be OS 4.7.1.53. I�ve been running this on my Tour for a pretty long time and even though it does manage to speed up the phone a bit, it�s really not the answer I think many Tour owners are looking for. Better than nothing, though! At least until 5.0 gets here�
    BlackBerry Tour MR1 OS to be 4.7.1.53? : Boy Genius Report
    09-17-09 12:07 PM
    Lol here we go again lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 12:09 PM
    Lol here we go again lol
    *sigh*

Future FYI jorGeorge: already an official thread for these rumors
    Last edited by webmastir; 09-17-09 at 12:15 PM.
    09-17-09 12:12 PM
    Funny it leaked already!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 12:17 PM
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    09-17-09 12:20 PM
    *sigh*

Future FYI jorGeorge: already an official thread for these rumors
    I knew it was leaked today, but it doesn't hurt knowing that it might be coming anyway in the near future.
    09-17-09 12:20 PM
    if only my windows machine was working i would install the leak... hope it comes out then so that i can upgrade...
    09-17-09 12:29 PM
    LOOOL. Funny how he's "had it for a long time" but isn't running the story until CrackBerry ran something.....
    09-17-09 12:37 PM
    LOOOL. Funny how he's "had it for a long time" but isn't running the story until CrackBerry ran something.....
    Actually, if you frequent BGR you'll see they have BB info A LOT faster than Crackberry. BGR has way more insiders than crackberry, just sayin
    09-17-09 01:47 PM
    when it I can DL from VZW it is official and I don't think this will be it. The dust needs to settle on this 50% return thing before they want to offer support over the phone for loading OS.
    09-17-09 01:56 PM
    Actually, if you frequent BGR you'll see they have BB info A LOT faster than Crackberry. BGR has way more insiders than crackberry, just sayin

There is a difference with providing quality info and solid facts.

Then outdated BG reports speaking about rumors and false info.

But just saying......
    09-17-09 02:03 PM
    Release date - when it's done.
    09-17-09 02:51 PM
    There is a difference with providing quality info and solid facts.

Then outdated BG reports speaking about rumors and false info.

But just saying......
    my thoughts exactly.
    09-17-09 02:57 PM
    my thoughts exactly.
    I'm just stating the facts. Scroll through Crackberry's blogs and count how many stories have the BGR stamp on them (quite a few). I can't stand BGR (Iphone fan boy) but I've noticed they are usually the first to report on upcoming BB phones i.e. Storm and Tour....Nice try though
    09-17-09 03:21 PM
    I'm just stating the facts. Scroll through Crackberry's blogs and count how many stories have the BGR stamp on them (quite a few). I can't stand BGR (Iphone fan boy) but I've noticed they are usually the first to report on upcoming BB phones i.e. Storm and Tour....Nice try though
    +1. BGR is usually first to post hot news and has a good reliable track record too. Let's just say I don't recall them ever posting a story they saw on Crackberry
    09-17-09 04:22 PM
    I think BGR is probably right. .42 I lost video capabilities (as did some others) and with .53 it's back. Other than that issue .42 was ok nothing special. After using it for a few days (and scouring the nets) I knew it wouldn't be released with that known video problem.

So far I have neither good or bad marks for .53. It's nothing to write home about. It will certainly hold us over until 5.0 is released.
    09-17-09 05:18 PM
    I think BGR is probably right. .42 I lost video capabilities (as did some others) and with .53 it's back. Other than that issue .42 was ok nothing special. After using it for a few days (and scouring the nets) I knew it wouldn't be released with that known video problem.

So far I have neither good or bad marks for .53. It's nothing to write home about. It will certainly hold us over until 5.0 is released.
    What up, CK: Have you noticed any improvements in either reboot time or battery life with .53 vs .40? I'm on a mac, so I probably won't be loading .53 until the official release comes out, but it's good to know what to expect, you know?
    09-17-09 05:24 PM
    That only shows that CrackBerry has no problem linking to BGR. Take devices for instance, who has had the drop on devices?? CrackBerry!! But BGR is too stuck up to link back to CB. CB posted first ever shots of the Essex, BGR didn't do anything on it. And theres plenty of other devices too. Need I bring to your attention the many many times BGR has been dead wrong?
    09-17-09 05:24 PM
    I hope BGR is correct just wish 9-15 would've shown us some love...
    09-17-09 05:32 PM
    What up, CK: Have you noticed any improvements in either reboot time or battery life with .53 vs .40? I'm on a mac, so I probably won't be loading .53 until the official release comes out, but it's good to know what to expect, you know?
    Hey bro...

with .40 my boot time was just over 3 1/2 minutes (full boot)

.42 it went to 3 minutes. (full boot)

.53 it's just under 3 minutes (full boot)

interesting that I never had long boot times that some experienced.

as far as battery life. I'll have to use it a few days (I have meterberry so I'll be able to gauge it)

Same as the signal, I'll run it a while longer and report back but so far it's been pretty solid in my apartment when usually it bounces around. Again though I'll need some time to determine if it is in fact improving data and signal.
    09-17-09 05:41 PM
    Hey bro...

with .40 my boot time was just over 3 1/2 minutes (full boot)

.42 it went to 3 minutes. (full boot)

.53 it's just under 3 minutes (full boot)

interesting that I never had long boot times that some experienced.

as far as battery life. I'll have to use it a few days (I have meterberry so I'll be able to gauge it)

Same as the signal, I'll run it a while longer and report back but so far it's been pretty solid in my apartment when usually it bounces around. Again though I'll need some time to determine if it is in fact improving data and signal.
    Sounds good, man. Looking forward to those updates after you've had a chance to run it for a while.
    09-17-09 05:43 PM
    yeah yeah yeah, just like .42 was said to be out on september 15th
    09-17-09 07:16 PM
    That only shows that CrackBerry has no problem linking to BGR. Take devices for instance, who has had the drop on devices?? CrackBerry!! But BGR is too stuck up to link back to CB. CB posted first ever shots of the Essex, BGR didn't do anything on it. And theres plenty of other devices too. Need I bring to your attention the many many times BGR has been dead wrong?
    Ya. I don't like BG's attitude. I follow him on twitter....and he is a T.W.A.T.
    09-17-09 07:44 PM
    Is anyone experiencing a "fatal error" message when attempting to update?

While updating the progress gets to "updating ROM" then chokes. This doesnt brick my phone, just restarts it...

I have updated OS before and had no issues. Not sure if I'm missing something with the Tour that different from that of the Curve Perl...

Any advice would be helpful.

THanks!
    09-17-09 09:34 PM
    Is anyone experiencing a "fatal error" message when attempting to update?

While updating the progress gets to "updating ROM" then chokes. This doesnt brick my phone, just restarts it...

I have updated OS before and had no issues. Not sure if I'm missing something with the Tour that different from that of the Curve Perl...

Any advice would be helpful.

THanks!
    What tha heck is a Curve Perl?
    09-17-09 11:27 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD