Is there any way to get a discount off a blackberry data plan? On the premier site, it says under current offers "10% Blackberry Software and Licenses"... what does that mean? Is there an other known way or "cheat" to get BB data cheaper than $30
    09-16-09 10:38 PM
    Yeah, get a FAN on ur account

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 09:17 PM
    Yep, there is. Work for a company that has discounts on the whole entire plan. I've got one through VZW and UPS. A buddy of mine at UPS has a discount on the data as well with AT&T.

Good luck! I'd say mention those items to an AT&T rep, with where you work. Just remember, you've gotta be able to prove that you work there.
    09-17-09 09:23 PM
    Yeah, get a FAN on ur account

What is a FAN?

09-17-09 09:29 PM
    Well that sucks... I have a FAN on my account (I work for as a prem tech for AT&T) but even though you would think the discounts would be better... It only discounts on the primary line plan and does NOT include data plan discount.. guess I need to find a new job
    09-17-09 09:59 PM
    The FAN will give u discount on ANY voice and data plan $30 and above. So if u have a FAN on ur acct, you'll get that discount off your BB, PDA or iPhone data plan. FYI, coca-cola has the best IRU Fan.

09-18-09 02:47 PM
    Actually it's dependent on the company discounted plan. Not all of them allow discounts on every aspect of the bill with phone vs data. Some, if not most, are just voice only but mine is an all inclusive discount
    09-18-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD