ColorWare - BlackBerry Tour

Check it out. have fun drooling!
    09-16-09 10:18 PM
    I'm not neat a computer and my tour is taking ages to load that site, so are they after market housings ( which I'm dying to find in random colors) or is it just a painted housing that will ware in a couple of months?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 10:46 PM
    kinda nice but just a bit to pricey for me...
    09-16-09 10:49 PM
    I'm sorry to rain on your parade but this is been out for a looongg time, for a lot of different devices.

But I can say, it is awesome and if I had the money to waste on it I would lol
    09-16-09 10:55 PM
    I'm sorry to rain on your parade but this is been out for a looongg time, for a lot of different devices.

But I can say, it is awesome and if I had the money to waste on it I would lol
    Actually its been like a month for the tour
    09-17-09 01:48 AM
    I'm not neat a computer and my tour is taking ages to load that site, so are they after market housings ( which I'm dying to find in random colors) or is it just a painted housing that will ware in a couple of months?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Custom painting thats too expensive
    09-17-09 01:49 AM
    For me, colorware is for those who fall under the following:

Have money to outright purchase the device out of contract.
    Plan on keeping the device for a long time, possibly forever.
    (who wants to buy a custom colored device based on someone elses preferences?)
    Have decent knowledge of how to disassemble the device and replace its components. (screen, keyboard, circut board, guts of the phone)

Don't feel bad....
    For most of us, we'll only take it as far as switching out the bezel on the 9630 and slapping on a case. We've got insurance with our carriers so if anything goes wrong, we can swap out our phone quickly and get a new one. We'll take care of our device over the next year or two and sell it off when upgrade time rolls around.
    09-17-09 07:42 AM
    Maybe you should check out Decal Girl. I have ordered a couple of skins for my Tour but have not received them yet. I have one of her skins on my Kindle and LOVE it. She has all kinds of designs and they are only $10.
    09-17-09 10:30 AM
    Maybe you should check out Decal Girl. I have ordered a couple of skins for my Tour but have not received them yet. I have one of her skins on my Kindle and LOVE it. She has all kinds of designs and they are only $10.
    Post some pics when you get them in. I would love to see how they look and how the coverage is. I've purchases these for iPods in the past, but never phones.
    09-17-09 11:11 AM
    Ridiculously overpriced!
    09-17-09 11:12 AM
    Post some pics when you get them in. I would love to see how they look and how the coverage is. I've purchases these for iPods in the past, but never phones.
    I sure will. It usually takes a week or so to get them, so hopefully I have them early next week. I'll post pics when I decided which one to use. I purchased the Bicycle Chain one and the Infinity one.
    09-17-09 12:03 PM
    any pic updates?
    09-28-09 10:41 PM
    i have used Decal girl on my Dell Mini, and Ipod twice. they are VERY high quality skins, thick protective vinyl, easy to apply and have good quality printing on them (other ive used show they were printed on an ink jet or the likes... :P )
    Price is hard to beat, but they do come from Asia so it takes a while to get them...
    09-28-09 10:55 PM
    how easy is it to apply the decal girl skins?
    09-28-09 10:58 PM
    Way too expensive for me!! They do look great though!
    09-28-09 11:05 PM
    I think you may be confusing them with another company. Decal Girl is in Delaware, not Asia and they ship fast. I ordered skins for my Kindle, my netbook, and when I had it, my Centro and received them within 5-7 days each time.
    Nope
    That specific Company (decalgirl.com) may be based in Asia, but they (and a few other companies) all buy their decals from a vendor in asia. Maybe they've brought stock in house since i ordered in Dec. but if you check other decal places, there are a number of them using the same decals.
    I originally ordered my Ipod one from someone else in Asia, and when i got it, it said DecalGirl on the package. Doing some investigating, it seems at the time, there was one place in asia selling to a couple of places, based in the US.
    09-28-09 11:08 PM
    Ah here we go, checking my gmail i found i originally ordered from Istyles.com back in 07, and received my skin in 8-10 days.
    Check their inventory, its the exact same graphics as decal girl.
    09-28-09 11:10 PM
    Eeew. Crazy expensive and they all look like fake phones from the 70s or something.

Unique Skins: Cell Phone Skins, Laptop Skins, IPod Skins, Gaming Skins, Mobile Phones Skins are my favorite
    Last edited by rfdesort; 09-28-09 at 11:16 PM.
    09-28-09 11:13 PM
    That would be nice but I can't go without my phone while it is sent in.
    09-28-09 11:51 PM
    ^this

I'd be surprised if they wouldn't just send you the parts, though.
    09-29-09 12:07 AM
    I checked it out. Too much money.
    09-29-09 03:02 AM
    I wish they were cheaper too, they do look great.

If they ever offer parts shipped it might be worth it to grab a part or two but definitely too expensive for the entire thing. They offer parts for the Bold and I ordered an antenna cover from them for my Curve a ways back. Definitely good qualty and doesn't seem to fade or rub away at all.

I do enjoy going on there and messing with the colors...

Just thought of a really expensive combo.
    How about a Colorware Tour and then a Vaja case .

ColorWare - BlackBerry Tour

PLUS

Vaja CHOICE

EQUALS

$244.00 (didn't even go with the most expensive case they offer.)
    09-29-09 08:11 AM
    any pic updates?
    Sorry, but no. I took some pics with the camera but never uploaded them because the skin hardly shows. I chose a really dark skin. I'll try to post them soon. I have used Decalgirl in the past and they usually are easy to apply, but this time I really struggled with it as there are a lot of small pieces that stretch easily. Phone still looks great though.
    09-29-09 08:58 AM
    Nothing makes me gag more than custom painted phones and ugly cases. A phone should be left naked, have a clear skin (BestSkinsEver), or kept in a holster/pouch.
    09-29-09 09:37 AM
    Colorware seems cool, but I've heard ppl say the paint chips off. Plus...I like cases because I change the color as much as I want. I'm not stuck with one particular design or color; thats why I hated my red curve.
    09-29-09 09:47 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD