I recently encountered an issue where I get extreme static whenever my parents call me on my Tour. I just moved to New York and I have Verizon Wireless. However, this started two weeks after settling in, so I know the problem can't be blamed on my new location. I DID drop my phone twice, but can dropping your phone really cause static?

Also, when my parents call me, there is no static, but when I call them, the static is unbearable.

It is not my location that is the issue, because I've been going all over the place and the static is still prevalent all around the city.

I was thinking about going to Verizon and asking them about my issue, but then I realized I knew better...
    09-16-09 10:16 PM
    it could be the phone that your parents own at home, there home line or the home phone they have.
    09-16-09 10:59 PM
    My friend use's t-mobile with his bb curve, I hate talking to him over the phone, the sound is always breaking up..
    09-16-09 11:03 PM
    Both my parents have Verizon, and we've never had this problem before. It's also carrying over to other carriers. I just called someone who had AT&T and had the same problem.

The odd thing is that when people call me, there is no static, but when I call them there is static....
    09-17-09 12:26 AM
    I recently encountered an issue where I get extreme static whenever my parents call me on my Tour. I just moved to New York and I have Verizon Wireless. However, this started two weeks after settling in, so I know the problem can't be blamed on my new location. I DID drop my phone twice, but can dropping your phone really cause static?

Also, when my parents call me, there is no static, but when I call them, the static is unbearable.

It is not my location that is the issue, because I've been going all over the place and the static is still prevalent all around the city.

I was thinking about going to Verizon and asking them about my issue, but then I realized I knew better...

I've across this problem but my issue happened from the get go. I promptly took it back and got it replaced. It's a very annoying issue I know.
    09-17-09 11:43 AM
    I had the same problem soon after I got my Tour for Verizon. My friend, who has Sprint (Samsung Instinct), would call me and the static would literally make my ears bleed. I was quick to blame it on Sprint's "relatively good" cell service until my sister on T-mobile (RAZR 1) called me. There was static when she called also. It would only resolve when I called them back. Usually I would be listening to music through regular headphones (no mic) when someone calls so I thought there was some kind of interference when headphones without a mic was plugged in. I think I saw on the BB forums that someone was having the same problem with a BB 8900. Im hoping that this is not a problem with BB phones in general.

Hey kkwan77, did your static stop after the exchange? I'm thinking that the VZW salesperson sold me a refurbished unit.
    09-17-09 09:53 PM
    This is happening with my phone right now. I live in New York and just got the BB9700 with AT&T. Previously, I had the BB8320 with AT&T, which had the annoying "static in the background" calls. Now, it's different -- now it's so loud and unbearable that I have to hang up because I can't hear anything and it only comes from one specific caller as well. After the static issue, it reboots itself and if I try to call again, there would be no reception and it'll again reboot itself. Really weird.
    01-11-10 09:06 PM
    go to a corporate store and have a tech check it out. they will replace it if there is a problem with the phone sounds like there is one
    01-11-10 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD