Best Blackberry Ever. Pretty much best phone ever is what they said. If you don't remember they said that it was pretty much the messiah of Blackberry's.

I for one don't. I'm ok with it but I actually think I prefer the Bold. Just curious to what you guys think, if you remember the article.
    09-16-09 08:04 PM
    I also prefer the Bold, IMO the Bold is the best BB still available today! The Tour is just better on paper...
    09-16-09 08:07 PM
    The next Tour with wifi and trackpad may be the best BB. But too many issues with the current one to say it is the best. Just my .02

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 08:12 PM
    I got my Tour two days after release, it works fine. Do I believe there is issues with the trackball, yes. Do I believe people picked apart this device and created a lot of hype, you d@mn right I do...
    09-16-09 08:18 PM
    I got my Tour two days after release, it works fine. Do I believe there is issues with the trackball, yes. Do I believe people picked apart this device and created a lot of hype, you d@mn right I do...
    Nah...some picking but many legite issues. What gets me is that RIM keeps releasing products with hardware issues. Not talking about the Storm and its software problems. Crazy that they have no quality program in place, or so it seems. Having a trackball not not go horizontally is crap. Sorry....not nitpicking. Releasing so many phones with battery doors that don't fit is plain out stupid. Again...not nitpicking. I can afford it, but these phones are expensive and quality matters. Step up or eventually there will be someone else that will. History shows it.

Now...this being said...the new Tour I have is the best I have owned, but I have never had the Bold. I went Pearl, Storm, Curve, Tour.
    09-16-09 08:49 PM
    Probably not, given all the problems it's got. I've never owned one, but I've never owned either - just my 8330.

With that said, I know the Bold has a faster processor, can do simultaneous data/voice, and people just LOVE the keyboard on it. Plus, the return rate on them isn't around 50% like some analysts believe.

So I'd have to say no, the Tour isn't the end-all device. I'd have to suggest perhaps one of the better devices. But not the messiah, no.
    09-16-09 09:03 PM
    People need to stop confusing QC with how good the Tour is. There are many people out there that have gotten Tours without problems, me being one of them.

I happen to agree with the report that the Tour is the best BB to date. The Bold is great, but the Tour has a more appealing form factor.

QC issues aside, the IMO, the Tour is the best BB (for now )
    09-16-09 09:16 PM
    Snappier than my WE, new look and feel (OS 4.5 vs 4.7 mostly), 3G speeds while overseas, everything my WE had PLUS camera, higher res screen. Runs well on the best carrier available in my region. YES! IMHO best Blackberry to date!

I wish it had the trackpad that the newer Curve has, that would have been another plus. A speedier processor like the Tavor would have been a plus too, but I'm well aware of the stranglehold Qualcomm has on CDMA.... Yes, could have been better, but still best BB available to date on MY carrier!

I don't care about WiFi, so did not even factor that into the equation.
    09-16-09 09:18 PM
    I love my tour and right now I don't think it is close to the best blackberry. However if the software starts speeding it up then it may get there. Everyone needs to remember that when the bold was released it had all kinds of software problems because it was pushed out too quickly. The same could be said of the tour. I think when RIM gets the software right then we will have a phone worth bragging about. Until then it is on the average side in my opinion.
    09-16-09 09:20 PM
    but these phones are expensive and quality matters.

I hear the same thing from my two sisters, who have the Iphone 3GS and all they complain about is dropped calls and slow 3G service...
    09-16-09 09:21 PM
    Well it seems the BG is often quick to judge, but I will say it depends on where you live and what you want from your Blackberry. The connection plays into so much of the Blackberry experience. If you do a lot of streaming media and happen to live in an area that has fast ATT 3G then the Bold can't be beat. If not then the Tour has the advantage of 3G darn near everywhere. I am discounting WiFi because it isn't available everywhere, but may be significant if you happen to be in a covered area most of the time. If you take a lot of pictures with your phone the Tour also has an advantage.
    The Tour is the best Blackberry ever for me, and I think there are plenty of Bold and even some Storm users that will say the same thing about their devices.

09-16-09 09:23 PM
    I'd have to say so far, the Tour is far from being the best BB out there, Id vote the Bold top dog right now, the 8900 on ATT was nice as well, I do have to say though I NEVER had an issue when i had my 8310 on ATT, unit was always reliable, awesome battery, always strong signal. I could always count on it.
    09-16-09 09:24 PM
    I agree 100% with BGR. Definitely the best blackberry to date. Got mine on release and still diggin it : )
    09-16-09 10:08 PM
    I hate when ppl try to claim which Berry is the best. Its really based on some of your personal preferences as well as the phone itself.

I never liked the Curve keyboard; but many users prefer the Curve keyboard. I like the Tour keyboard due it to resembling the World Edition keyboard.
    09-16-09 11:43 PM
    The next Tour with wifi and trackpad may be the best BB. But too many issues with the current one to say it is the best. Just my .02

can't wait for this!
    09-17-09 03:14 AM
    People need to stop confusing QC with how good the Tour is. There are many people out there that have gotten Tours without problems, me being one of them.
    50% of them according to the report out yesterday. Analyst: 50% Return Rate for Blackberry Tour - PC World

Not trying to troll the tour one bit. Just trying to put things in perspective, you might think the tour is the most amazing phone ever, but there is 1 person out there with a hoff-awl phone for every hoff-some phone.
    Last edited by brentoli; 09-17-09 at 03:40 AM.
    09-17-09 03:19 AM
    My Tour is the best BlackBerry I've owned to date, and that's all that matters to me.

09-17-09 03:35 AM
    I agree 100%. I have no TB issues, i do have loose batter door and screen ripple some times, but this device is so amazing that i can live with them. I also believe that RIMM never should have released the phone with these problems.
    09-17-09 06:47 AM
    I prefer the Tour. I originally had a Tour with a messed up trackball and a bad mic. I got it swapped with VZW even after my 30 days and got a perfectly working one.

I used a Bold for about 5months and slowly regretted it. I hated the ridiculously large design and the low memory (constantly worrying about whether I had enough). I rarely ever used Wifi on it either. Most of all, I hated, hated, hated AT&T. Dropped calls in my own house? No signal on the subway? It made me dislike the phone even more.
    Last edited by redwanhuq; 09-17-09 at 08:44 AM.
    09-17-09 08:37 AM
    My Tour is the best BlackBerry I've owned to date, and that's all that matters to me.

I have to agree
    09-17-09 09:07 AM
    It's all subjective. So far, this is the best blackberry i've own. The memory and camera are great.

It does have a lag every once in a while, but then again most new smartphones do when they're released. I'm confident the new OS update will resolve this issue.
    09-17-09 09:19 AM
    I hate when ppl try to claim which Berry is the best. Its really based on some of your personal preferences as well as the phone itself.

I never liked the Curve keyboard; but many users prefer the Curve keyboard. I like the Tour keyboard due it to resembling the World Edition keyboard.
    I agree some people hate keyboards and love the touch of the storm...
    So in the end its to each his own... Or her own.
    09-17-09 09:24 AM
    Would have loved it if I weren't so unlucky as to receive duds (I had a spectrum of problems).

I'm just waiting for RIM to get their QC act together before spending $$$ on a new phone.
    09-17-09 09:38 AM
    i prefer the bold's size and looks, but its the best phone verizon has RIGHT NOW.
    09-17-09 09:47 AM
    I do not agree at all....I do not like the feel of the tour I much prefer my Curve to it, or even Storm1. My co-worker has the tour on a BES and the boot time is ridiculous...and the keys I dont like the no spacing between them it makes it a little difficult to type i think. Also i really hate the trackwheel it feels cheap like its not really there
    09-17-09 10:42 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD