I just got a warranty replacement bold. Trackball died. I loaded from a backup and went to reinstall only the apps I wanted to keep. A battery pull this morning and my memory was at 35m. Now, its 9m. Another battery pull puts it back at 35m. I have no apps in the switcher still running. All that show are the browser, phone, messages, home, and bbmessenger.
    Is there some memory leak? Is there a way to fix it or delete the offending app? Appworld shows memory dropping as I install apps. Can the app install location be changed to the device memory and not app memory? This is based on my understanding of pc components (app memory solid state and fast RAM, device memory solid state, but slower, drive like the SD card)

Thanks,
    Traigo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 06:17 PM
    Well what other apps/themes are installed on the phone? Themes have been known to cause memory leak. Also apps have been known to do this as well.

09-16-09 07:06 PM
    I'm using the default Precision AT&T theme. The only other installed theme is Precision Silver. I have appworld, facebook, viigo, quickpull, itookthisonmyphone, google maps, unsynced music, sanoodi smap, flashlight, tune wiki, and midpssh. Pandora is stuck starting download in appword, but appworld isn't open. I deleted brickbreaker, but texas hold'em, sudoku, and klondike are still installed.

09-16-09 08:24 PM
    Viigo and Facebook are known memory hogs.

What OS are you running? You might want to upgrade.

09-16-09 08:43 PM
    v4.6.0.167. I didn't have these problems with my old phone.
    Both viigo and facebook were on there, but I had fb1.5 and recently updated viigo, but not sure which version. Fb is now 1.6.0.21 and viigo is 3.1.352.
    I had updated my old phone to the AT&T vvm build 508? before they pulled it. There are no upgrades listed now.

Last edited by traigo; 09-16-09 at 09:01 PM.
    09-16-09 08:57 PM
    Try .266 or .282 or .292. Just delete the vendor xml file. .167 is horrible in regards to memory.

There is a new OS .301 out but I haven't tried it. It is stickied in the Bold forum if you want to try it.

09-16-09 09:14 PM
    Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

09-16-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD