Hey guys, I've gotten countless help from this site for my mobile troubles. I figured I'd give it a try for the iPod Touch.

I have a jailbroken 32gb iPod Touch. This is the older model without the volume rocker or internal speaker . I purchased this Touch used about a year ago already jailbroken so I'm not sure the much about jailbreaking. When the iPod powers on, it shows a giant multicolored Apple with words similar to "iPwned with WinPwn."

I added a few apps/changed the theme and have been very happy with the device . I honestly had no need to update to 3.1.X ...well, until I played with my friends jailbroken 3.1.X :wow:. I love the new features and I noticed that many apps I have now cannot be updated due to having an out dated software version.

Unfortunately I heard that I will lose all my jailbroken apps and my iPod's appearance settings (WinterBoard) if I update my iPod. That's what kept me from updating in the past. I know it's been a few months since I last read up on the matter, but is there a way to go from jailbroken 2.0.1 to the newest jailbroken version without losing anything? If so, can anyone tell me how, or point me to an "up-to-date" method of how? I'm not a technology n00b, but iPhones/iPod Touches are not my specialties. In the software world, things are constantly changing. I found a few tutorials via a Google search, but the posted date is from months ago : (.

09-16-09 11:56 AM
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    09-16-09 07:36 PM
    Updating to 3.1 will remove jailbreak. Go to modmyi.com and see jailbreaking there. It will answer your questions on how and where.
    09-16-09 08:34 PM
    You can download AppBackup (something like that) in Cydia to back up your jailbroken apps. Then you'd have to re-jailbreak. You can use the following guide:

win -> iClarified - iPod touch - How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch on OS 3.0 Using RedSn0w (Windows)
    mac -> iClarified - iPod touch - How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch on OS 3.0 Using RedSn0w (Mac)
    09-16-09 08:57 PM
    Hey u could actually save ur jailbroken apps go in2 installous and in the settions make sure that u have da option turned on to da itune sync. Once that's on all your apps will be backed up on iTunes in da app section b den will b put back on when ur done
    10-03-09 11:30 PM
    Hey u could actually save ur jailbroken apps go in2 installous and in the settions make sure that u have da option turned on to da itune sync. Once that's on all your apps will be backed up on iTunes in da app section b den will b put back on when ur done
    Good to know. Thanks!
    10-03-09 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD