My storm is running very slow... do you think my deleting apps on my phone that it came with would help it any? if so how do you delete these off of your phone
    09-16-09 10:40 AM
    Options>advanced options> applications> select app you want to delete> bb button> delete
    some apps require a restart to delete
    09-16-09 10:44 AM
    first, which OS are you running? Go to Options> About and then tell us...

Press and hold the BB Menu key...how many apps are running in that box?

To delete applications, you can either highlight the app icon, then click the bb menu key and select delete...or go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications, and then do the same...most will ask to reboot to complete deletion.
    09-16-09 10:46 AM
    I am running v4.7.0.148 on my phone...
    And for app 4 icons pop up when i hold the BB menu key
    09-16-09 01:37 PM
    thats a decent OS....

what apps do you have installed? by "slow" you mean you see a spinning clock a lot? try clearing out your browser cache and then do a battery pull to see if that helps....how much free app mem you have showing?
    09-16-09 01:49 PM
    Also, when did you get the device and have you ever done a battery pull?
    09-16-09 02:07 PM
    I got the phone this summer. Should I upgrade to a different OS? I havent really installed alot of apps .. Like i have the iberry and slider apt and then poynt and thats pretty much it..
    09-16-09 05:54 PM
    I got the phone this summer. Should I upgrade to a different OS? I havent really installed alot of apps .. Like i have the iberry and slider apt and then poynt and thats pretty much it..
    if you don't mind not having the camera/camcorder, I strongly suggest 5.0.0.191, it is incredible
    09-16-09 06:01 PM
    upgrade isn't necessary

check for open apps

check available app memory

clear your inbox/call logs, also check your event log and clear if you haven't done that recently

enable memory cleaning under options>security>memory cleaning

also lose the theme and slider app...those are bad ones IMO...then if that fixes it, you could always re-download and if the issue persists you know that they were the problem
    09-16-09 06:35 PM
    upgrade isn't necessary

check for open apps

check available app memory

clear your inbox/call logs, also check your event log and clear if you haven't done that recently

enable memory cleaning under options>security>memory cleaning

also lose the theme and slider app...those are bad ones IMO...then if that fixes it, you could always re-download and if the issue persists you know that they were the problem
    ....after that, upgrade to .191
    Last edited by dankblaze; 09-16-09 at 07:22 PM.
    09-16-09 07:15 PM
    if you don't mind not having the camera/camcorder, I strongly suggest 5.0.0.191, it is incredible
    But if you do mind like me, I would suggest lyricidal's/OOAKPC's 5.0 hybrid. It is really awesome and has the best of all worlds.
    09-16-09 09:43 PM
    Ya i use my camera alot so i would need to keep that
    09-17-09 03:54 PM
    arossi, try this:

options > memory (take note of you application memory free space)

Open back of phone and pull battery. Wait 10 seconds then replace and boot up phone.

When phone has completely booted:
    options > memory (take note of you application memory free space)

Post before and after memory levels and report back to us if the phone is more responsive.
    09-17-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD