Does anybody here know how to make a sound profile icon indicator?

The theme im working on has a profiles button.. which brings up the menu for picking a sound profile. This works great, however, you have no idea which profile your on after picking while looking at the home screen.

So what I would like to do is have an indicator (small colored dot) in the banner that changes colors depending on which profile is selected with my profiles button.

I hope im explaining this correctly/clearly.

Thanks!
    09-16-09 08:15 AM
    I actually found the original precision or dimension icons for the various profile icons, then cut and copied each individual little colored profile indicator (just the red, blue black, green, etc) little indicator, then paste these each onto whatever profile icon you want to use and voila! custom profile icons...
    09-16-09 09:28 AM
    See picture below. Id like to do something like this.. however.. I dont want the icon selectable.. only want it as an indicator in the banner.

I used composer to make this the profile button on the homescreen. So you use this to select the profile you want.. and then I want a smaller icon in the banner to be an indicator showing you what profile your using.

I think you were speaking of simply editing the stock icons to pull the indicator off and pasting that into another icon to be used as normal. right?
    09-16-09 10:25 AM
    figured it out.

Thanks for your help anyway.
    09-16-09 01:58 PM
    mastamoon,

how'd you end up doing it? I'm interested in doing something similar to that for my next theme.

thanks!
    09-18-09 05:30 PM
    man you could've shared how you figured it out for the rest of us noobs.
    11-30-09 10:08 PM
    man you could've shared how you figured it out for the rest of us noobs.
    Its not possible to have a custom graphic for the profiles icon and have it still update(unless its an actual icon, you cant just make a non-theme button, it HAS to be a theme button that is userdefinable and not static)...so what you would have to do is make the profiles icon the same graphic as example the button the guy above me posted, but then u run into the problem that the profiles icon looks all out of place in the actual icon set AND u have to specify to other users that profiles icon has to be in say, Slot4, or whatever.....you dig?
    12-01-09 01:23 AM
    I got it to work and works great.

In composer I created a button on the home screen, like the profiles icon above. Secondly, I created (or edited) 6 icons I wanted to use as my "indicator" icon. I then imported these in theme builder over the stock profiles icons. Lastly, I resized the profiles icon on the home screen to the size I wanted.

Done, no muss no fuss. The only thing that looks a lil odd is the full size profiles icon is stretched a bit because the indicator icon I used was smaller than 80x80. But since im the only one using this theme, IDC.

Ill put some screen shots up in a lil bit.. just got to work.. gotta get coffee
    12-01-09 07:42 AM
    See screen shots below....

BooYah
    12-01-09 08:12 AM
    I got it to work and works great.
    Been fighting with this for a while now, could you do me a big favor and post the SVG file you're using? I'm trying to point the useApplicationIcons at "net_rim_bb_profiles_app.Profile" and everytime I use that instead of "slot6" or another slot, Theme builder blows up while exporting the theme.... Very frustrating and I actually did get it to export it with that tag earlier, but now no dice no matter how I mix up the svg.

If you could post it, it would help me see how it's structuring that section of the file. Also, are you using 4.7 or 5.0 for the theme builder?

Thanks in advance!
    01-21-10 04:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD