Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Storm

7 33.33%
  • Tour

6 28.57%
  • Wait for newer BlackBerry

8 38.10%
    On the 28th of this month (Sept 28th) I get a Free Upgrade with Verizon...As they want me off my Alltel Plan and onto a new Verizon plan. And they have the buy one get on free blackberry deal now... and the wife wants the storm.. but I am torn.. What should i get.

I like the Tour, but the Storm is just sweet. What should I get. I want good recommendations. Let me know.. Thanks Crackberry Fam.
    09-15-09 08:29 PM
    just wait for the storm 2 it will be mroe worth it.
    09-15-09 08:31 PM
    Personal choice. Go try both, see what fits your needs. Storm = big screen. Tour = physical keyboard. Of course there are some other differences, memory for one. But in the end it comes down to what YOU are comfortable with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 08:34 PM
    Wait for Storm 2. If it's not out by 10/31, go for the Tour. If you get a Storm 1 now, you will be pissed your stuck with it for 2 yrs.
    09-15-09 08:56 PM
    Thanks guys... i think i may go with the Tour.. can't wait
    09-15-09 09:07 PM
    just remember you have 30 days to try it out. So if you not happy with one you can always get the other one.
    09-15-09 09:33 PM
    ... and the wife wants the storm...

If mamma ain't happy, you know the rest of the saying...
    09-15-09 11:11 PM
    storm + .191 all the way
    09-16-09 12:31 AM
    storm 2 is in testing, so could be available in as soon as a month, depending on outcome and results
    09-16-09 03:52 AM
    Go for the storm 2 its gonna be a big improvement from storm1.
    09-16-09 07:32 AM
    It seems like RIM is right on the cusp of releasing slew of new devices. I would wait for the next batch of devices and see what strikes your fancy. I love my Storm (with each update it get better and better) but I am looking forward to future devices.
    09-16-09 07:50 AM
    just remember you have 30 days to try it out. So if you not happy with one you can always get the other one.
    Ding Ding Ding...We have a winner.
    09-16-09 08:24 AM
    I have both. My wife and I both got the Tour's the other day. She's upgrading from a Pink Curve, I already have the Storm. I'm thrilled to have a keyboard again. That being said, I still love the Storm, and look for each update there is. I guess, even though its a little geeky, I think I have the both of best worlds
    09-16-09 09:01 AM
    I'm in the same situation not sure what to go with will storm2 have enough to make a big difference..

09-16-09 09:26 AM
    I have both. My wife and I both got the Tour's the other day. She's upgrading from a Pink Curve, I already have the Storm. I'm thrilled to have a keyboard again. That being said, I still love the Storm, and look for each update there is. I guess, even though its a little geeky, I think I have the both of best worlds
    I have both as well (had the Storm since January and the Tour for about 3 weeks). I still got a lot of love for the Storm, but the Tour has made my life A LOT easier.

I'm not bashing the Storm ( I was one of those ppl who swore by the Storm), but since having the Tour my phone no longer controls me...I control my phone. I'd go with the Tour or possibly Storm 2 (if ur anxious, DEFINITELY take advantage of that 30 day deal!)
    09-16-09 09:59 AM
    Personally, with the newer OS (148, 151 or 167) the Storm is a very stable device. I got the Tour for a friend and was helping him set it up....while I liked the device, the icons and text seemed really miniscule to me as compared to the Storm..I realized I'm not ready to give up on the real estate. Had the OS been unstable as in the past, I would have said go for the Tour - its' a solid business device...but I would really recommend the Storm now or if you can wait, the S2...
    09-16-09 10:36 AM
    Just wait!
    09-16-09 10:42 AM
    but....but....but....but....but....but....but....b ut....but....but....but....but....but....but....bu t....but....but....but....but....but....but....but ....but....but....but....but....but....but....but. ...but....but....but....but....but....but....but.. ..but....but....but....but....but....but....but... .but....but....but....but....but....but....but.... but....but....but....but....but....but....but....b ut....but....but....but....but....but....but....bu t....but....but....but....but....but....but....but ....
    09-16-09 10:44 AM
    You could enjoy the storm. The last OS they came out with in the spring fixed A LOT of the flaws. I personally love my storm and learned to fix the problems I have had with it by reading forums. I would pick the storm over any other bb. As far as the storm 2 goes you could just get storm 1 now and if storm 2 comes within 30 days of your purchase you can switch to the new storm and pay whatever difference you may nEed to pay. That's what I would do! Hope that helps. Tour is nice but touch bb is way better.

On the 28th of this month (Sept 28th) I get a Free Upgrade with Verizon...As they want me off my Alltel Plan and onto a new Verizon plan. And they have the buy one get on free blackberry deal now... and the wife wants the storm.. but I am torn.. What should i get.

I like the Tour, but the Storm is just sweet. What should I get. I want good recommendations. Let me know.. Thanks Crackberry Fam.
    09-17-09 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD