via BBOS on the homepage.

"It has been confirmed by our "ninja" who is in the Verizon Wireless Customer Council that Verizon has approved OS 5.0.0.212 for the Storm 2. There may be a little few tweaks that RIM will enhance but .212 has been approved. Now that we know which OS will be used with the Storm 2, when is Verizon planning on releasing this phone? According to our ninja, they want to get it out by the end of September or the third week in October at the latest. Don't you think Verizon would hype this up and/or have some advertisements about it? Our Ninja informed us that they are not wanting to make the same mistake as they did last year with the 1st Storm. Hype it up and have the phone get a lot of negative feedback and have it be a flop. So hopefully with in 30 days, we will be seeing the Storm 2!!"
    09-15-09 08:18 PM
    My thinking was that 10/14 date was correct all along. With that being said, a week early or late would not surprise me.
    09-15-09 08:21 PM
    I'm actually really excited to see this phone get released. I'm not eligible to get it right when it comes out, but I will get it by my birthday on oct. 21st. I would like to see how things go and everyone's first reactions.
    09-15-09 08:23 PM
    Bleepin Awesome!
    Should be seeing ads any day now then!!!
    09-15-09 08:30 PM
    Bleepin Awesome!
    Should be seeing ads any day now then!!!
    Hope so..but if they keep it under wraps then the average consumer won't take our places in line at the stores. Jk, wonder what commercials we will see. Hope they get creative.
    09-15-09 08:32 PM
    Thanks for the info man! You just confirmed my suspicions bro!

I cant wait for this dam phone.
    09-15-09 08:35 PM
    I had a feeling that Verizon and Rim were just waiting for the OS and not the actually hardware so if it is true that Verizon has approved an OS, we might be seeing it soon. Which I hope.

I can kind of understand Verizon Downplaying the release because of a questionable audience but people will not come out and buy it if they dont know about it. We will see what advertising they do. I would love to see a commercial tomorrow announcing the Storm 2 is 2 weeks away.
    09-15-09 08:37 PM
    Thanks for the info man! You just confirmed my suspicions bro!

I cant wait for this dam phone.
    I can't wait either man!
    09-15-09 08:38 PM
    I had a feeling that Verizon and Rim were just waiting for the OS and not the actually hardware so if it is true that Verizon has approved an OS, we might be seeing it soon. Which I hope.

I can kind of understand Verizon Downplaying the release because of a questionable audience but people will not come out and buy it if they dont know about it. We will what advertising they do. I would love to see a commercial tomorrow announcing the Storm 2 is 2 weeks away.
    Lol. Just air one of Sal's videos and slap a VZW logo on that biiitch
    09-15-09 08:40 PM
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!
    A man ahead of his time!
    09-15-09 08:43 PM
    Sweet! Cant wait for this. Thanks Mac and BBOS.
    09-15-09 08:46 PM
    LMAO!!!! I couldnt agree less.
    09-15-09 08:46 PM
    Maybe that is part of his film editing he has to do this week.
    09-15-09 08:49 PM
    LMAO!!!! I couldnt agree less.
    I know but it was funny!
    VZW will come up with something catchy!
    Sorry but I have to let you guys be the guinea pigs for this one! I was planning on getting it right away but the getting the kids in school tapped me out!
    Like I said in another forum.
    Don't breed if you like money!! LOL!
    09-15-09 08:52 PM
    Should be good stuff, I honestly would not be surprissed if they simply launched it with little fan fair. After the S1 and given the short time from of comercials for the S1 anyway it would be about on par I think to give a few weeks notice or just launching it and letting it settle a week or two and then adding the commercials.
    09-15-09 09:01 PM
    They will rely on WOM for this device.
    09-15-09 09:03 PM
    They will rely on WOM for this device.
    You Think?
    If that's the case then the ads won't start until 2-3 weeks after release and they start getting the feedback.
    I'm Guessing it will be the "New Faster Improved" advertising 2 weeks before rollout.
    09-15-09 09:17 PM
    You Think?
    If that's the case then the ads won't start until 2-3 weeks after release and they start getting the feedback.
    I'm Guessing it will be the "New Faster Improved" advertising 2 weeks before rollout.
    Just in time for Christmas!
    09-15-09 09:23 PM
    How about a nice FAT Thanksgiving!?
    Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, All the Fixin's and a Niiiice Stormy 2 to chew on!
    09-15-09 09:28 PM
    Around that time is when the big time revieewer videos will start coming out, sparking more natural hype on the device, then RIM sports it for christmas along with a couple other new devices.
    09-15-09 09:32 PM
    i doubt you will see it any later than november for sale.
    09-15-09 09:34 PM
    i doubt you will see it any later than november for sale.
    were talking about when we start seeing advertisements.
    09-15-09 09:36 PM
    ROFLMAO!

09-15-09 09:39 PM
    were talking about when we start seeing advertisements.
    Lol. I think it would be smart of verizon to launch the ads with the phone. IMO
    09-15-09 09:40 PM
    Storm 2 Super Bowl Commercials! Can you imagine how they'll spin those!
    09-15-09 09:41 PM
94 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD