This is my first post, and have been following the Storm 1 and 2 forums very closely. I too am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new Storm.
    I was just on Verizon's website and they are now offering the Storm for FREE if eligible for your New Every Two� credit with 2yr renewal and it's $49.99 for a new 2 year activation.
    Hopefully this means that the Storm 2 will be here sooner than later.
    09-15-09 03:06 PM
    This is my first post, and have been following the Storm 1 and 2 forums very closely. I too am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new Storm.
    I was just on Verizon's website and they are now offering the Storm for FREE if eligible for your New Every Two� credit with 2yr renewal and it's $49.99 for a new 2 year activation.
    Wow if that is true they really want to get rid of the storm and make way for th odin YES!!!
    09-15-09 03:46 PM
    Could you post the link please? I went to the Blackberry Storm site at Verizon Wireless and it still offers the Storm for $49.99 and a buy one get one free. I don't see any mention of the Storm being free.
    09-15-09 03:54 PM
    old new bro, they dropped the price to $49 last week
    09-15-09 03:55 PM
    its still 49.99

the "free" is if you use your New Every 2 $50 credit
    09-15-09 03:55 PM
    09-15-09 03:57 PM
    Welcome and congrats on post #1. Thanks for the info.
    09-15-09 03:57 PM
    that would explain why I sent in for a replacement this week and got a brand new storm instead of the usual referbs I have gotten for my last 3. HURRY UP ODIN! My bi-annual is in november so I'll be getting one ASAP!
    09-15-09 04:00 PM
    At that price they could donate them, maybe to the battered womens shelter, and really open up for the new Storm!
    Are you listening Verizon!!!!????
    Think of all the PR points to go along with it!
    Now after getting the kids ready for school this month, I have to wait to get the phone! Aaaargh!
    Don't breed if you like money! LOL!
    09-15-09 06:51 PM
    Verizon is really trying hard to get rid of all there storm1.
    09-15-09 06:54 PM
    At that price they could donate them, maybe to the battered womens shelter, and really open up for the new Storm!
    Are you listening Verizon!!!!????
    Think of all the PR points to go along with it!
    Now after getting the kids ready for school this month, I have to wait to get the phone! Aaaargh!
    Don't breed if you like money! LOL!

"Don't breed if you like money!" <---- This made me lol quite alot.
    09-15-09 08:26 PM
    Wish I could have waited but need a new bb so. I got the storm which I love but I like to always have what's new

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 10:29 PM
    I have the Storm and it rocks. I am curious to see if all the hype over the Odin is going to be worth it. From what i have read so far, the big difference is the wiFi. with a data plan, why would you want to use WiFi? Sometimes newer is not always better but we will just have to wait and see.
    09-15-09 10:43 PM
    hopefully the Storm2 is around the corner
    09-15-09 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD