I know that a lot of you had Storms and have already traded them in for Tours. NOT INCLUDING those that were under the "30 day exchange" or the "X number of returns in 90 days" how did you guys get this to happen?

The reason I ask is because the screen on my Storm no longer works and would like to get the Tour instead of another Storm. I've called Verizon a few times to try to get this to happen. Some reps say no, and won't budge, but a few were willing to see if they can make something happen. They're pretty much saying that I can't upgrade to the Tour until I hit 365 days with my Storm, but I am POSITIVE that members on this forum have already made the trade. Any suggestions on what to say?
    09-15-09 01:00 PM
    You just gotta get kucky if you have 3 replacement in 90 days I think you can do it. But basicly. They have no obligation ti give you a. Tour so you have to get lucky and they will extend your contract and extend you upgrade IF you can get them to do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 01:15 PM
    I know that a lot of you had Storms and have already traded them in for Tours. NOT INCLUDING those that were under the "30 day exchange" or the "X number of returns in 90 days" how did you guys get this to happen?

The reason I ask is because the screen on my Storm no longer works and would like to get the Tour instead of another Storm. I've called Verizon a few times to try to get this to happen. Some reps say no, and won't budge, but a few were willing to see if they can make something happen. They're pretty much saying that I can't upgrade to the Tour until I hit 365 days with my Storm, but I am POSITIVE that members on this forum have already made the trade. Any suggestions on what to say?
    Straight up. You have 30 days to return your Storm if you're not happy with it. They are not obligated to give you anything else after that except another Storm. The only person I ever saw do it filed a law suit and won and frankly I don't think he should have.

What makes you think the Tour is an upgrade? Smaller screen and it's got it's own issues. Get another Storm if you want, break your contract and go elsewhere.
    09-15-09 01:19 PM
    Per my original post, how would I attempt to do this WITHOUT returining it within 30 days or doing the 3 replacements in 90 days? I am still on my ORIGINAL Storm from November 2008.

Don't get me wrong here, this is not another Storm rant where I want to find the quickest way to get rid of it. There are a few things I don't like about it, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I received a replacement Storm. I just like new things and new features and so I want the Tour. If my screen never went out on me, this thread would never even exist.
    09-15-09 01:31 PM
    Per my original post, how would I attempt to do this WITHOUT returining it within 30 days or doing the 3 replacements in 90 days? I am still on my ORIGINAL Storm from November 2008.

Don't get me wrong here, this is not another Storm rant where I want to find the quickest way to get rid of it. There are a few things I don't like about it, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I received a replacement Storm. I just like new things and new features and so I want the Tour. If my screen never went out on me, this thread would never even exist.
    Here's what you said:

In your opening paragraph you excluding the 30/90 day people. So what did I misinterpret? You said you've tried it a few times and you wanted to know how other people may have done it. I didn't say that you were appearing to be having that "entitlement" attitude, however it does appear your fishing around for a way to get something that you're not suppose to get.
    09-15-09 01:43 PM
    Here's what you said:

In your opening paragraph you excluding the 30/90 day people. So what did I misinterpret? You said you've tried it a few times and you wanted to know how other people may have done it. I didn't say that you were appearing to be having that "entitlement" attitude, however it does appear your fishing around for a way to get something that you're not suppose to get.
    Hookbill...I'm sorry, but the world doesn't revolve around you. I love how you throw out "entitlement attitude" because that's exactly what you have. My second post was in reference to the guy that posted BEFORE you who said the 90 day replacement remark. Again, the world doesn't revolve around you. Even if what I said was directed towards you, it'll be beneficial to not get so butthurt over internet responses.
    09-15-09 02:00 PM
    Unfortunately, what you want and what can happen here are two different things. You may want the Tour but the only way for you to get it is to buy it out-right or get three replacement Storms within 90 days. There are no free rides in life and this is one of those times where you just have to suck it up and deal with it.
    09-15-09 02:02 PM
    Hookbill...I'm sorry, but the world doesn't revolve around you. I love how you throw out "entitlement attitude" because that's exactly what you have. My second post was in reference to the guy that posted BEFORE you who said the 90 day replacement remark. Again, the world doesn't revolve around you. Even if what I said was directed towards you, it'll be beneficial to not get so butthurt over internet responses.
    First I was being nice if you read my post I said I didn't accuse you of the entitlement attitude. How in the heck am I showing an entitlement attitude? And if you responding to the previous poster then maybe you should have quoted them. You're just upset because I'm getting close to hitting the nail on the head.

World revolving around me? I'm entitled to respond to a post as I see fit. I'm not calling you names and I'm being civil with you. Try doing the same.
    09-15-09 02:06 PM
    OP dropped their Storm too much, per their other thread.

09-15-09 02:25 PM
    I went ahead and got a new Storm and will try to exchange it another 2 times to get the Tour. If not, I'm up for an upgrade in November.
    Did they exchange it under warrantee or did you have to go through insurance? Just curious.
    09-15-09 05:45 PM
    The ONLY was are to ..pay retail. or you can get 3 replacements within 90 days BUT they do not have to honor that, however it most cases they do. BUT(and a big but)...be aware bc they automatically extend out for NE2 2 more years from they day you recieve this trade out.
    09-15-09 06:33 PM
    Did they exchange it under warrantee or did you have to go through insurance? Just curious.
    They replaced it under warranty so it was free. I just had to pay $8.99 for next day delivery as they said they were going to ship it 2 day.
    09-15-09 09:07 PM
    I love my storm

09-15-09 10:09 PM
    To get a tour, Your going pretty much have two offers. Like it was stated previously, you can use the Multi-FRU Program, or buy one off ebay or something. Mutli Fru is a "Field Replacement Unit." You have to go through 3 replacements under warranty within a 90 day period. It is up to the discretion of the CSR rep you working with, So don't say they have to honor it, you know the rules, and blah blah blah. You get a similar phone to the current one, which I'm not exactly sure what it would be, but I would assume another blackberry. Sometimes you'll have to pay up and above what you paid for your phone ($89 for my storm, then saw it for 50 a few weeks later.). But I wouldn't suggest returning your phone for a new one every week because it randomly restarted, or it froze up, Your going to want to have legit reasons for you to need a new phone.

Hope this was useful. Good luck on getting a Tour.

I just had to pay $8.99 for next day delivery as they said they were going to ship it 2 day.
    $8.99? Ouch, I've been through 2 glydes, 5 dares, and 1 storm within a year and a few months, all without paying for shipping. But my brother got thrown a shipping charge on the phone he replaced.
    09-15-09 11:03 PM
    I love my storm
    dot

posted from the best phone in the world, the Storm.
    09-15-09 11:07 PM
    I wonder if this could be done for the Storm 2
    09-15-09 11:10 PM
    I wonder if this could be done for the Storm 2
    Or maybe I can find a way to turn my car in for full credit on the next best model... hmmm..
    09-15-09 11:17 PM
    They replaced it under warranty so it was free. I just had to pay $8.99 for next day delivery as they said they were going to ship it 2 day.
    That's cool. Hopefully this one will work out a little better for you.
    09-16-09 06:51 AM
    $8.99? Ouch, I've been through 2 glydes, 5 dares, and 1 storm within a year and a few months, all without paying for shipping. But my brother got thrown a shipping charge on the phone he replaced.
    The shipping would have been free for the 2 day shipping, but they said that could even be next Monday at the latest. Just in case theres an emergency where I need to use my phone (car breaks down in the middle of nowhere or something), I requested the next day shipping.
    09-16-09 11:33 AM
    Don't scold me if I misunderstood...but it seems to me that you are trying to trade is a phone from 2008 for a brand new Tour. Your phone is almost a year old, your going to need to pay full price. These phones...no matter what promotion they are running, are expensive devices..they aren't going to throw you a new one..epecially after you have had yours for about a year now.
    09-16-09 11:56 AM
    I went ahead and got a new Storm and will try to exchange it another 2 times to get the Tour. If not, I'm up for an upgrade in November.
    You will try to exchange it another 2 times to get the tour? This is exactly why insurance prices, and everything else in life is getting to be way to expensive. People replacing things that don't need to be so that they can get something they want.

No offense man.
    09-16-09 12:38 PM
    Please F off man. You are not helping at all and no one cares what you have to say. You seem to have been offended by something that was never initially directed towards you. Go away.

Mods...please close or lock this thread before Hookbill gets more butthurt and says more unnecessary forum banter.

you asked for help, and you don't like the answer you were given. what hook said is the dead honest truth...if you don't like it, why are you on CB? you should be complaining to VZW about their return/exchange policies, not having an internet pissing match...

have a nice day, enjoy your fail
    09-16-09 01:00 PM
    you asked for help, and you don't like the answer you were given. what hook said is the dead honest truth...if you don't like it, why are you on CB? you should be complaining to VZW about their return/exchange policies, not having an internet pissing match...

have a nice day, enjoy your fail
    ROFLOL.

Patches has always got my back.

Oh by the way we don't give advice on how to avoid paying taxes either.
    09-16-09 01:10 PM
    it wasn't about having your back. i have the back of great justice!

that guy was being a ******...he's basically asking for advice on how to scam the system for his benfit...and when you basically called him on it he told you to GTFO...this is teh internets...there will be great justices if you're out of place...all i can hope for is to be the facilitator of that great justice via a nice YKW or pwnzor, maybe a lolcat...

but the justice will be broughten!
    09-16-09 01:13 PM
    I love my storm as well; it's awesome.
    09-16-09 02:24 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD