I have a work phone- a blackberry curve 8330 with unlimited data, text messaging, and 700 minutes a month.

I have phone with a family plan with some crazy amount of minutes and unlimited texts.

Is there a way to streamline these into one phone (my blackberry)? I know that I can forward calls using *72, but it does not forward my text messages.
    09-14-09 10:35 PM
    You can't do two lines on one phone.

Using call forwarding will cost you minutes/money.

You can do call hunting or you can use a VoIP solution, which is a cheap way of doing call hunting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 12:13 AM
    You can't do two lines on one phone.

Using call forwarding will cost you minutes/money.

You can do call hunting or you can use a VoIP solution, which is a cheap way of doing call hunting.

you could use two different NAM's on the device and try using it that way switching back and forth between two numbers
    09-15-09 01:18 AM
    you could use two different NAM's on the device and try using it that way switching back and forth between two numbers
    I'm under the impression verizon phones do not offer this ability outside of actively activating each line repeatedly. Further, if it were available, you'd end up having to add blackberry data to your existing personal account as verizon will not activate a BB without BB data.
    09-15-09 06:40 AM
    I have a work phone- a blackberry curve 8330 with unlimited data, text messaging, and 700 minutes a month.

I have phone with a family plan with some crazy amount of minutes and unlimited texts.

Is there a way to streamline these into one phone (my blackberry)? I know that I can forward calls using *72, but it does not forward my text messages.
    Academically speaking, a dual sim phone is just what you need. Your phone would have two distinct numbers and everything. Unfortunately, that's GSM tech and I'm not sure if anything (official) of the dual sim variety has been released stateside.

So, why not buy this and let us know how it works
    STORM 9530 WIFI TV Dual SIM UNLOCKED JAVA 2.0 - eBay (item 250497215346 end time Oct-11-09 17:10:39 PDT)
    09-15-09 07:06 AM
    Dual/Multi NAM is not available on CDMA BlackBerrys.

And with a dual SIM, that would give you two numbers on a GSM carrier, not VZW or Sprint. Even there, you'd only have one number active at a time - some would offer data only on one side. Those that offer data on both sides would require two data plans.

09-15-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD