FYI I was having issues with my BB, where it initially got really hot and the battery died rapidly and after that it was freezing a lot. I went to my neighborhood T-Mobile store and the rep instantly switched out my old for a new one. Apparently its a known issue with a particular version of the 8900. I just wanted to let my fellow crackberry members know. One thing I wasnt happy about was that they wouldn't switch out the battery apparently you have to contact TMobile over the phone for that.
    09-14-09 10:01 PM
    what is normal battery lifespan on these? I've had mine for a couple weeks now and it seems to me that the battery dies pretty quick. Maybe it's because I'm playing with it, but I can't seem to last the day without running the battery out?
    09-14-09 10:28 PM
    what is normal battery lifespan on these? I've had mine for a couple weeks now and it seems to me that the battery dies pretty quick. Maybe it's because I'm playing with it, but I can't seem to last the day without running the battery out?
    Until I upgraded to .231 I had very poor battery life as well. This update really helped my 8900 out.
    09-14-09 10:36 PM
    You just happened to have a defective unit, this is not a common or widespread problem with the 8900s. Don't believe everything they tell you in the store. In fact, believe very little of it.
    09-15-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD