Hey everyone, I've been having this problem on my Bold ever since I can remember.

When I do a battery pull (alt + shift + del), the wallpaper on my theme gets reset back to the default one that the theme came with.

Additonal notes:
    - This has happened with every theme that I've tried
    - The image I'm using for my background (before it gets reset) is a picture taken with the phone
    - I've tried storing the image on my phone, as well as on a micro SD card with the same outcome
    - This problem existed on 4.6.0.167
    - This problem continued to exist after I upgraded to 4.6.0.297 (currently running)
    - This is a corporate IT provisioned Bold, not personal
    - Carrier is AT&T

I've noticed that my custom wallpaper/background image holds (doesn't get reset) when I do a turn "off" of the phone - but that's not the same as a battery pull.

Has anyone run into this problem before or know a workaround? Please help!
    09-14-09 10:10 AM
    Alt shif delete isn't a battery pull. Taking the battery out for a few seconds and putting it back in is a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 10:14 AM
    I would almost bet on it being a BES problem. kinda like when you log on to a windows computer within a domain, sometimes its set to always load the default wall paper until you change it. I doubt there is a work around. and technically alt+shift+delete is a battery pull, but its called a soft reset not a hard reset (aka battery pull)
    09-14-09 10:27 AM
    Battery pull obviously = physically taking out the battery and putting it back in. Alt + shift + delete is a SIMULATION of that form of reset.

I don't know where you get off trying to make me look like a fool.

Alt shif delete isn't a battery pull. Taking the battery out for a few seconds and putting it back in is a battery pull.

09-14-09 10:39 AM
    Lol, no need to start splitting hairs about what a battery pull is. Pulling the battery and alt shift del are effectively the same, just one is more of a pain in the ***.

My guess would be that if you have a custom theme, that's your culprit. But the guy talking about BES sounds like he might know more about the situation than I do :P

If you have a custom theme, try swapping to a different them and see if the problem persists. If it's the theme, see if you can contact the theme's creator, or possibly someone else on the forums has a suggestion :P
    09-14-09 10:42 AM
    If you have a custom theme, try swapping to a different them and see if the problem persists. If it's the theme, see if you can contact the theme's creator, or possibly someone else on the forums has a suggestion :P
    No, I doubt it has anything to do with the custom themes I've been using. Like I said above, I've tried several custom themes, all with the same end result after doing alt + shift + del, which is the wallpaper resetting back to the theme default background.

I've talked with RedZapper (creator of the popular 3G Bold theme) and he says that there's nothing in the themes that he knows of why it would behave that way. He says he doesn't have this problem on his phone using the same version of the theme.
    09-14-09 10:47 AM
    i used to have that problem on an older OS I update my OS whenever a new one comes out, but I can't remember what OS it was happening on, but once I upgraded, i didnt have that problem anymore
    09-14-09 11:01 AM
    Battery pull obviously = physically taking out the battery and putting it back in. Alt + shift + delete is a SIMULATION of that form of reset.

I don't know where you get off trying to make me look like a fool.
    You did that yourself.

09-14-09 11:03 AM
    BTW a soft reset ALT SHIFT DEL and a battery pull are two totally different things.

09-14-09 11:05 AM
    Physical battery pull usually frees more memory than a simulated battery pull, so yep, they are different. At least thats in my case.

Me thinks thats what IT policies are for. Restrict full customization, functions and settings changes of the cell phone. Dont know if there is one for that.
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-14-09 at 11:14 AM.
    09-14-09 11:08 AM
    Physical battery pull usually frees more memory than a simulated battery pull, so yep, they are different. At least thats in my case.
    Yes you are 100% correct.

09-14-09 11:15 AM
    No, I doubt it has anything to do with the custom themes I've been using. Like I said above, I've tried several custom themes, all with the same end result after doing alt + shift + del, which is the wallpaper resetting back to the theme default background.

I've talked with RedZapper (creator of the popular 3G Bold theme) and he says that there's nothing in the themes that he knows of why it would behave that way. He says he doesn't have this problem on his phone using the same version of the theme.
    I apologize for not fully reading your post. I'll stop talking out of my *** haha. Good luck in solving your problem!

Edit: I just tried a alt shift del reset followed by a battery pull. Unless my logic is flawed, I should have more memory free after the battery pull than with the alt shift del. This is not the case. I was at 29.8mb originally, then I soft reset. Then I had 31.58mb. Then Battery pull. Still 31.58mb.
    Last edited by Rolfyto; 09-14-09 at 12:06 PM.
    09-14-09 11:58 AM
    I apologize for not fully reading your post. I'll stop talking out of my *** haha. Good luck in solving your problem!

Edit: I just tried a alt shift del reset followed by a battery pull. Unless my logic is flawed, I should have more memory free after the battery pull than with the alt shift del. This is not the case. I was at 29.8mb originally, then I soft reset. Then I had 31.58mb. Then Battery pull. Still 31.58mb.
    You are just a special case of nature.
    09-16-09 12:50 AM
    sorry to rehash old posts but i am having this issue currently with my 9780. i am running 6.0.0.461 and every single time i run quickpull OR physically remove the battery the wallpaper gets reset to the default...anyone??
    07-26-11 10:17 PM
    I'm not through BES and I have the same problem. If I remember correctly, this started happening after I installed the BlackBerry Bridge app. I made other changes at the time as well, but these were to third-party apps like Yahoo! Messenger and a couple weather apps, so my guess is the Bridge app is the culprit. For those reading this who have the same issue, I'm betting you either have BlackBerry Bridge installed or connect through BES. My guess is the two operate somewhat similarly.
    12-08-11 11:52 PM
    I also am having the same problem with my BB Curve 3G with Sprint. Anyone got any ideas?
    12-18-11 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD