Don't get my wrong, I love this thing to death. It's only gotten better since .148. I'm still rockin' .191 and it is the best. However, this kind of bugs me, and now I can safely say I will most likely get the Storm 2 after this.

So I was playing with my phone, yada yada, and all of a sudden, my lock button doesn't work! Nothing happened to it at all! One minute it was working, and I went to re-lock it, and boom, nothing happened. I haven't heard/seen this happen before, so I don't know what it could be. I doubt its a software, since I've had .191 from the very morning it was released to now. The Storm two is kind of looking very nice hardware-build wise.

Sorry, just needed to rant a bit. I still love the phone though.

EDIT: Now my USB port doesn't work. Is this "make everything break" day?
    Last edited by ohaithere; 09-13-09 at 11:46 PM.
    09-13-09 08:44 PM
    09-13-09 08:49 PM
    Hmmm try a battery pull! That usually fixes it..
    09-13-09 08:52 PM
    mine is doing the same thing.. my mute button doesnt work either.. so youre not alone
    09-13-09 09:21 PM
    Actually you never know. An official OS can work fine for a month and then might cause a problem, so I would try to reload .191 or downgrade to a OS that you know it will work.
    Its most liklry a hardware issue but I would check just in case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 09:39 PM
    I truthfully don't really want to mess with the OS right now, because it's so stable. I may do that when I have time though.

I've pulled the battery twice now. That ain't it. Thanks though.

I just checked and my mute key works. This is really weird o.O

09-13-09 09:47 PM
    I truthfully don't really want to mess with the OS right now, because it's so stable. I may do that when I have time though.

I've pulled the battery twice now. That ain't it. Thanks though.

I just checked and my mute key works. This is really weird o.O

Mmmhmm...? haha I don't quite get what you mean O.o
    I love when electronics play games like that. Its weird and funny.

09-13-09 10:10 PM
    Download the storm slider problem solved.

09-13-09 11:13 PM
    I have it. I've had it since 3.7. The problem isn't solved; my hardware key does not work anymore. I do not like waiting for SS to kick in. I like actually hitting the lock button, then sliding to unlock. So for my lock button to go out... is just unfortunate haha.

EDIT: And now my USB cable does not work. I tried it on three different computers, all that have worked previously (like in the last DAY) with the phone. Now, nothing. Great. :\
    Last edited by ohaithere; 09-13-09 at 11:46 PM.
    09-13-09 11:43 PM
    I've noticed from time to time my Storm will freeze and appear to be off. I cannot power it back on unless I do a battery pull. This usually happens when I have pull it out of the holster/case that came in the box. Is there any correlation between the Storm and the magnet in the case?
    09-17-09 08:29 PM
    I've noticed from time to time my Storm will freeze and appear to be off. I cannot power it back on unless I do a battery pull. This usually happens when I have pull it out of the holster/case that came in the box. Is there any correlation between the Storm and the magnet in the case?
    I don't know exactly what kind of "relationship" there is between the phone and the holster, but it knows when it's in it because if you change a sound profile, if gives you the option on vibrating either "in holster," "out of holster," and "both" or something along those lines...so there is obviously a connection.
    09-17-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD