http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wi...ml#post3529212

PG says that his gut feeling is that the s2 will not be coming to att. If this is true, then will tmo get it instead? Or, perhaps, maybe no gsm carrier will get the storm 2 and it will be a cdma exclusive?

I speculate that this will increase the likelihood that it will come out for tmo.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by PiKappaAlpha; 09-13-09 at 05:17 PM.
    09-13-09 05:15 PM
    Verizon and ATT will get the Storm 2.
    09-13-09 05:40 PM
    Verizon and ATT will get the Storm 2.
    I've noticed that in another thread, you asked who will release this phone first, AT&T and Verizon, and no one corrected you. As of right now, AT&T will not have this phone. It's too much of a competition to the iphone. Verizon, Vodafone, Rogers, Bell, and Telus are the candidates. Would hoped to see Sprint release this phone as well, but it's not the case. You could always get it from Rogers if you really want this phone.
    09-13-09 05:50 PM
    according to phonegeek, he says att will not get the s2 in 2009 and his gut feeling is an all together no on att.
    09-13-09 05:51 PM
    I've noticed that in another thread, you asked who will release this phone first, AT&T and Verizon, and no one corrected you. As of right now, AT&T will not have this phone. It's too much of a competition to the iphone. Verizon, Vodafone, Rogers, Bell, and Telus are the candidates. Would hoped to see Sprint release this phone as well, but it's not the case. You could always get it from Rogers if you really want this phone.
    He said ATT "will get the phone". I wonder when posters say stuff like this, why they say it like that without saying "I think" or "I heard", if they don't know it to be a fact.
    09-13-09 05:57 PM
    He said ATT "will get the phone". I wonder when posters say stuff like this, why they say it like that without saying "I think" or "I heard", if they don't know it to be a fact.
    He wrote it with so much confidence too lol. I know he really wants this phone, as I always see him in this section, so I know he must be a little disappointed. Like I've said before, get it from Rogers if you really want this phone.
    09-13-09 06:01 PM
    He wrote it with so much confidence too lol. I know he really wants this phone, as I always see him in this section, so I know he must be a little disappointed. Like I've said before, get it from Rogers if you really want this phone.
    lol he did haha. Yeah, I guess that's why, it's just like posts like his, adds confusion to others who believe him.
    09-13-09 06:32 PM
    I know that's what I'm going to do. Buy an unlocked Rogers and use it on AT&T. Do you think Rogers will release it around the same time Verizon does? Thanks.
    09-13-09 06:40 PM
    The iPhone is a Rogers exclusive as well, so this does not mean that AT&t won't get the phone because of the iPhone!!
    09-13-09 06:50 PM
    you guys are probably right on the mark but i'll still hold on to that glimmer of hope that ATT will pull it off and use the line i've read 1,000x's on here 'nothing has been announced or confirmed yet'
    09-13-09 07:12 PM
    The iPhone is a Rogers exclusive as well, so this does not mean that AT&t won't get the phone because of the iPhone!!
    Right, because we all know AT&T and Rogers are the same exact phone carrier.
    09-13-09 09:26 PM
    What I enjoy is seeing people post on here like they know what they are talking about without inside information. Brian and Sinternet, I've just stopped posting in the Odin forums because there are so many people that post these "matter of fact" posts that are absolutely clueless. There are like 4 people on these forums that I will listen to when it comes to inside information. Everyone else is just blowing smoke to be honest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 10:05 PM
    Right, because we all know AT&T and Rogers are the same exact phone carrier.
    Considering back in the day AT&T and Rogers were joined...AND if I'm not mistaken it used to be Rogers-AT&T Wireless up here in Canada(so do your reasearch)...AND they run the same type of network, AND have the same agreement with Apple for the iPhone, so they're a lot closer then you think they are...
    09-13-09 10:16 PM
    Oh god....here we go again.

09-13-09 10:27 PM
    Considering back in the day AT&T and Rogers were joined...AND if I'm not mistaken it used to be Rogers-AT&T Wireless up here in Canada(so do your reasearch)...AND they run the same type of network, AND have the same agreement with Apple for the iPhone, so they're a lot closer then you think they are...
    Let's do something for a bit. I'm going to use your sentence to make a point. Are you ready?

What does back in the day and used to means? It USED to be Cantel AT&T before changing it to Rogers AT&T, as AT&T Wireless was a huge shareholder. As of right now, it's Rogers Wireless. As I said before, BlackBerry Storm is too much of a competition for AT&T Wireless. You know, AT&T Wireless who happens to be a US firm. Phonegeek confirmed it as well, and when it comes to AT&T news, he is right on the money every time.
    09-13-09 10:36 PM
    I was waiting for that Sinternet .

09-13-09 10:38 PM
    This device is causing a lot of speculation!!!!
    09-13-09 10:40 PM
    Let's do something for a bit. I'm going to use your sentence to make a point. Are you ready?

What does back in the day and used to means? It USED to be Cantel AT&T before changing it to Rogers AT&T, as AT&T Wireless was a huge shareholder. As of right now, it's Rogers Wireless. As I said before, BlackBerry Storm is too much of a competition for AT&T Wireless. You know, AT&T Wireless who happens to be a US firm. Phonegeek confirmed it as well, and when it comes to AT&T news, he is right on the money every time.
    That makes no sence because it would be just a big a competition for Rogers Wireless on the SAME phone that you said it was in competition with
    09-13-09 10:41 PM
    That makes no sence because it would be just a big a competition for Rogers Wireless on the SAME phone that you said it was in competition with
    Can somebody please tell this guy to re-read my statement where I wrote that Rogers Wireless and AT&T Wireless are two different companies. Why would their business strategies be the same? Rogers selling the Storm 2 is a smart move, imo. Hopefully, AT&T will change their mind on this matter.
    09-13-09 10:53 PM
    Can somebody please tell this guy to re-read my statement where I wrote that Rogers Wireless and AT&T Wireless are two different companies. Why would their business strategies be the same? Rogers selling the Storm 2 is a smart move, imo. Hopefully, AT&T will change their mind on this matter.
    You can't have intelligent conversations with people who are know it alls. He will keep going and going because he thinks he is right.
    09-13-09 10:59 PM
    all I was trying to say is that Apple puts the rules on Rogers and AT&T (regardless, same company or not) about sales and what Apple says goes, so if Apple says no Storm 2 for AT&T it means no Storm 2 for Rogers because of AT&T's AND Rogers exclusive agreement with Apple
    09-13-09 11:01 PM
    all I was trying to say is that Apple puts the rules on Rogers and AT&T (regardless, same company or not) about sales and what Apple says goes, so if Apple says no Storm 2 for AT&T it means no Storm 2 for Rogers because of AT&T's AND Rogers exclusive agreement with Apple
    Ahh, now I see where it went wrong. Apple definitely didn't say no to AT&T selling the iPhone, it's AT&T saying no to the Storm 2. That's like Verizon having exclusivity for the Storm 1/2, AND RIM doesn't want them to sell the Pre. AT&T were rumored to carry the original Storm, but that's all it was, a rumor.
    Last edited by Sinternet Jr.; 09-13-09 at 11:09 PM.
    09-13-09 11:07 PM
    That is true...and at this point in time any carrier is a rumor for the S2 because it has not been released
    09-13-09 11:08 PM
    That is true...and at this point in time any carrier is a rumor for the S2 because it has not been released
    Hey Mikey....

See all the devices that Sinternet has listed in his profile? 9/10 that means he knows more about this than you do. Yeah, he could just list them for the **** of it. Judging from him being correct on quite a few other things, I'd say maybe trust him on this one. Just sayin'
    09-14-09 02:22 PM
    Hey Mikey....

See all the devices that Sinternet has listed in his profile? 9/10 that means he knows more about this than you do. Yeah, he could just list them for the **** of it. Judging from him being correct on quite a few other things, I'd say maybe trust him on this one. Just sayin'
    Hey Tally,

See what you both don't know is that I work in the cell phone industry, and have for 4 years, so just because he has had more devies then me dosen't mean he knows more then me...Just sayin' that I may have an inside look that he dosen't..but thanks for just sayin'
    09-14-09 02:30 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD