Hello, I've looked for this solution here, but all those offered do not work.

I'm trying to delete archived apps that I have downloaded from bb appworld. they appear in appworld and on my device.

1. Tried Options > Advanced > Applications... but the archived apps are not listed there.

2. Tried going to MyApps in AppWorld, but when I select delete using the bb menu, nothing happens. Even after a battery pull.

3. When I select the apps on my device, there is no option to delete them in the bb menu.

4. I've even tried searching for them on my memory card using bbfilescout and by plugging my device into the computer and search for them on the drive, but I can't find them there.

I've got a Curve 8900, running 4.6.1.250.

Any help would be appreciated.
    09-13-09 01:05 PM
    I have the same BB, and a similar problem.
    I have one icon shows as archived and i can't get rid of it. In appworld, the delete option does nothing,,
    I finally decided to just hide that icon, out of site kinda thing. If you try to re-install it'll say it needs to be downloaded,, so,, in actuality, it's not on the device,, just a funky icon...
    09-13-09 02:28 PM
    Go into my word select the app and delete it, then hold down the ALT key and press R-S-T, do a BP if necessary

Either way, appworld is a piece of crap, just like everything else that RIM does (except push email).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD