So, I have my new Tour and recently, it seems that when ever I lose signal, I get an SOS signal that won't go away unless I turn my phone off and on. I am running .42 and if I lose signal and drop to SOS it won't reconnect I have to turn off and on. I have used quickpull twice and nothing.

Also seems there are times when my keyboard gets jumpy, but this is right after an app is loaded. Is this myself being impatient and not allowing stuff to fully load? Or is my keyboard bad? I do have a "green dot" Tour

Thanks folk

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 07:59 AM
    I am running 4.7.1.40 and have the same problem with not automatically recovering after losing signal. I have to turn the Tour off and on again to get the signal back.

I haven't noticed any keyboard problems.
    09-13-09 08:19 AM
    Options mobile network. Network techology 1XEV. Save

09-13-09 08:34 AM
    Options mobile network. Network techology 1XEV. Save

I made your suggested change a while back and haven't had the problem of inability to recover the signal since. But I didn't know if that was just coincidence.
    09-13-09 08:37 AM
    That turns off gsm for roaming which Will throw the SOS

Last edited by spaciorek; 09-14-09 at 07:22 AM.
    09-13-09 08:38 AM
    Thanks. I will give it a shot and see how it does.
    09-13-09 08:51 AM
    You could also try updating your PRL (Preferred Roaming List). Dial *228 then select option 2. This will update update the roaming software in your phone for Verizon users (I'm not sure about other carriers).

Good luck.
    09-13-09 11:36 AM
    Updating roaming won't help. What happens is if your phone is set to use gsm when it can't find a cdma signal it uses the gsm network when it Recovers back to cdma is when the error gets thrown. By shutting off the gsm portion it removes the problem.

09-13-09 11:47 AM
    When I was in Italy this summer hiking in some remote places in the Dolomites, I would get the SOS message on my 8830. And, since I was in Europe, I guess that I was definitely in gsm country. I had never seen an SOS - I gather it allows emergency calls where somehow it gets a weak signal but won't make "real" phone calls.
    09-13-09 10:13 PM
    Thanks spaciorek, problem fixed. Haven't any troubles since i've changed this
    09-14-09 06:52 AM
    No problemo.......
    09-14-09 07:22 AM
    I live in South AFrica where we only have GSM operators. Under the Options, Mobile Network menu i do not have an option to change the Network Technology. Any Ideas ???
    11-17-09 02:17 AM
    I live in South AFrica where we only have GSM operators. Under the Options, Mobile Network menu i do not have an option to change the Network Technology. Any Ideas ???
    Your phone is gsm only, you dont have that option, unlike the Tour which is capable of both cdma and gsm.

11-17-09 02:39 AM
    The "SOS" signal happened to me just a little while ago. I have never seen it before and my Tour is my second BB. I made the 1XEV only setting change as soon as I got my Tour back in November. To recover signal I went into connections and turned off the wireless network connection and then selected to turn it back on and that seemed to work. This just confuses me as I am also in an area where I have never had problems before.

01-19-10 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD