I am a new storm user but have researched the device extensively. I have owned a 8330 and a 8130. I am on CB everyday looking for tips and tricks. The problem is I cannot understand why this device performs so poorly. I have not downloaded any apps other than BerryBuzz and Quick Pull (which doesnt perform correctly). I have the ESPN web launcher and CB launcher. I have the CB APP store launcher. I have done ALL the tweaks shown here and my storm still doesnt perform like I think it should. I am amazed at the memory leak, it will boot up at 40 and drop to 20 or less in just a few hours without any use of the phone. I downloaded one theme and have deleted it without a change. I am not the type of user that bogs my berry down with a bunch of music pictures or games. I think that the Storm should perform better. I also have Storm Slider Premium installed. My question is will .151 improve the memory leaks? I have Verizon .148 installed. Any help would be appreciated. I really want to keep this device. My Curve was the best BB i have every used or owned. The storms expectations, are they too high? Also, the battery drain is horrible. I go from full charge to 20% in 6-7 hours with minumal usage. (and I do mean minimal).
    09-12-09 04:12 PM
    I don't know if .151 will help with the memory leaks over .148, it might. .167 might as well. I don't see where the launcher shortcuts would drain memory, I don't know about Storm Slider or BerryBuzz, you could try deleting one at a time to see if they are the culprit. I had quickpull, dropped it when I bought meterberry. My app memory is at 34 MB, down from 41 when I last rebooted 110 hours ago.

That seems like an abnormal battery drain. Mine is currently down to 60% in 11 hours, but I had a streaming music app playing for about two hours, used a browser for about an hour, and played SkyClimber for about an hour. I know my battery life is also shortened when I spend a lot of time in low signal areas. But you have had other BBs, so I assume you didn't have the battery drain problem in the same signal areas.

sorry I couldn't be of any substantial help, hope you get it resolved, not all behave like yours
    09-12-09 07:03 PM
    thanks for the reply. i have wiped the os and am starting over. I will install one thing at a time until i find it. Thanks
    09-12-09 07:18 PM
    WOW!!!!! I downloaded .151 and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Only thing I am unsure about is the battery drain. will put it through thr true test tommorrow.
    09-12-09 09:52 PM
    Battery drain is normal for the first day or so after installing an OS. Give it time to settle in. Appworld is a memory hog. Ditch it.
    09-12-09 10:33 PM
    Hey ya'll new guy here. How d I get the new OS foe the 9530 storm?
    09-17-09 04:10 AM
    just wondering....how do you delete appworld?
    09-17-09 11:28 AM
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Find the app world listing > Highlight > menu key, delete.

Will probably require a reset to fully delete it.
    09-17-09 11:32 AM
    Start here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/qu...evices-238649/

Some of the download links may not work as they are sometimes taken down by the hosting service. This is still a good starting point.

Hey ya'll new guy here. How d I get the new OS foe the 9530 storm?
    09-17-09 12:12 PM
    WOW!!!!! I downloaded .151 and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Only thing I am unsure about is the battery drain. will put it through thr true test tommorrow.
    I have tried download .151 and .167 and it always shows as .148??? Can someone help me get these to install on my Verizon Blackberry Storm?
    09-17-09 01:45 PM
    .151 is much better at memory management. I would either go with that or .167 I'm sure that may help you tremendously.

Sorry you're having problems man I love the Storm and once your Storm is running at tip top shape you will be pleased too.
    09-17-09 03:15 PM
    I am a new storm user but have researched the device extensively. I have owned a 8330 and a 8130. I am on CB everyday looking for tips and tricks. The problem is I cannot understand why this device performs so poorly. I have not downloaded any apps other than BerryBuzz and Quick Pull (which doesnt perform correctly). I have the ESPN web launcher and CB launcher. I have the CB APP store launcher. I have done ALL the tweaks shown here and my storm still doesnt perform like I think it should. I am amazed at the memory leak, it will boot up at 40 and drop to 20 or less in just a few hours without any use of the phone. I downloaded one theme and have deleted it without a change. I am not the type of user that bogs my berry down with a bunch of music pictures or games. I think that the Storm should perform better. I also have Storm Slider Premium installed. My question is will .151 improve the memory leaks? I have Verizon .148 installed. Any help would be appreciated. I really want to keep this device. My Curve was the best BB i have every used or owned. The storms expectations, are they too high? Also, the battery drain is horrible. I go from full charge to 20% in 6-7 hours with minumal usage. (and I do mean minimal).
    They say the new .230 OS hybrid is great
    09-17-09 05:58 PM
    .151 is much better at memory management. I would either go with that or .167 I'm sure that may help you tremendously.

Sorry you're having problems man I love the Storm and once your Storm is running at tip top shape you will be pleased too.
    Sup cracky!
    09-17-09 05:59 PM
    They say the new .230 OS hybrid is great
    I took your advice and after extensive reading, I put on .230. I must say this phone is awesome with it. I have read about alot of issue, but I must say I have had none. Love .230 and my Storm. Cant wait till .230 is Official.
    09-23-09 08:52 PM
    .230 is wayyyy better than other OS to date, with the exception of a couple little glitches.
    09-23-09 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD