Just wandering, does anybody else feel like their blackberrys would fall apart if they wouldn't holster them all the time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 03:31 PM
    I don't holster my BB and it does just fine. Only thing I can complain about is the battery door is always loose right out of the box, that is for the 2 BB's I have.

09-12-09 03:33 PM
    I don't even own a holster... but then mine fits in my pocket.

The only thing about mine was the battery door too. But a couple pieces of electrical tape on the inside of the battery door fixed that.
    09-12-09 04:05 PM
    Just wandering, does anybody else feel like their blackberrys would fall apart if they wouldn't holster them all the time?

I don't feel it would fall apart, but I feel I can crack it in my pant's pocket. Or, drop it face down on the cement like I've done other phones. I know people who have done both with their iphones and they had a warranty repair waiting. I don't expect any different from any Blackberry.
    09-12-09 04:13 PM
    I think they are pretty tough for a phone.
    09-12-09 04:31 PM
    I love holsterring my blackberry, putting the magnet in it was a brilliant idea. I had it out more in the last few days and I'm already getting dents in the screen and corners.

I went from a nokia E61 to my 8320, anybody that had one of those would know what I'm talking about that phone was build like a tank.

I can't believe on the back cover it has just holes for the camera and flash. Dust is going in there like nobody's business.
    On my first day of ownership a friend spilled some coffee on it, it was holstered and I was quick but still found coffee under the cover.

Not worried as I have next day replacement with my business contract from orange, but still, not very impressed.

09-12-09 04:33 PM
    I've had my Bold since November and just started using the pocket holster about 2 weeks ago and it stills look great!
    09-12-09 04:40 PM
    I keep my Bold in my pocket. It is still in mint condition.
    09-12-09 04:41 PM
    Imo I think bold is much better build then the 8300s

09-12-09 04:48 PM
    Imo I think bold is much better build then the 8300s

From playing around with my girl's Curve 8900, I have to agree. To me the Bold just feels more solidly built.
    09-12-09 04:54 PM
    I've never had a problem with my Blackberry falling apart. And I've had 4 since the 7100.

09-12-09 05:30 PM
    I've been using my OEM holster that came with my Tour and it works great.
    09-12-09 06:37 PM
    no problems at all with my bb in my pocket
    09-12-09 06:43 PM
    I've owned several BB's and the Tour has felt like the cheapest BB yet.
    09-12-09 08:15 PM
    I've owned several BB's and the Tour has felt like the cheapest BB yet.
    My only experience is with the Bold and Tour. Totally agree that the Tour felt cheap. The Bold felt like a tank, rock solid. I am hoping that the new Bold 9700 will be in the same class as the 9000.
    09-12-09 08:28 PM
    I never put my blackberry in a holster and it's always in my hand or in my pocket when im using it and laying next to my bed or somewhere else when im not. Yeah, my blackberry has a few scratches, but It's still in great condition and solidly built.
    09-12-09 09:25 PM
    i have friends who keep their bb in their pockets. i myself always use a magnetized holster (pure brilliance putting bb above any other device) my 8900 feels less sturdy than my old 8320. but my 8320 took many many tumbles before it finally died. my E71 died the first time i dropped it.
    09-12-09 09:57 PM
    I dnt feel that way...my Bold seems to have a really strong build...I don't even have the battery door problems that I hear about

09-12-09 10:13 PM
    i think blackberry in general is the bricksh*thouse of cellphones. thats just my opinion
    09-12-09 10:34 PM
    My 8800 was rock solid and survived drops down cement stairs. The Bold was fragile in comparison. To all the people that say theirs is solid you seriously need to pick up an older BB, then you'll know they are going downhill. But that's honestly a new trend with all cell phone manufacturers... I used to think the iPhone had bad huild quality now I think it's one of the best, lol.
    Last edited by energie; 09-12-09 at 10:47 PM.
    09-12-09 10:45 PM
    One of my clients lost his holster for his 8300 and man it looked rough. Still working tho

My point was not that I would fall apart, it just feels like it would.

I just find myself babying my blackberry.

09-13-09 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD